Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

What American town have you ever felt the most unsafe?

Comments

• Options
    Purple_PillsPurple_Pills Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,817
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Stay out of the pie shaped triangle from Poydras to Esplanade and you're good in NOLA. Pro tip.

Not quite that easy. It can get worse in places east of that. Stay south of US-90 west of downtown, in downtown, French Quarter, and a tad east of there and you are in less danger than north and east of those places.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

This from the guy who regales us with stories about machine guns and intimidating LA gangs with his bad assery ... ad nauseam.

Responding to a guy who has the sack to own whatever dog makes his wife and kids happy because he knows he doesn’t need a Rottweiler to make his dick work.

You really should do something about that giant chip on your shoulder ....

Imagine other peoples life experiences are different than yours.

We aren't the same. But only your story is ok. Mines not. Because I wasn't scared. I'll be scared sometime just for you.
    As between the two of us, I'd imagine the average person would score that as a bigger challenge for you than for me.

As to scoring your story, take it up with Damone. I happen to agree with him, but that's neither here nor there. He took the first take.

Why are you trying so hard to convince everybody you're a tuff guy who doesn't experience fear? I don't give a fuck one way or the other ... at all.

I myself am afraid of a lot of things, like most normal people. But I'm not the one trying to sell the Dirty Harry routine.
    A question was asked I posted an experience. We do or did different jobs. The stuff I did was different. You expected a story like your own. You can't look or be a pussy in my job bad people pick up on that. That's not driven home much anymore and the people coming in have no life experience. Cowardice is a fireable offense and I'd see to the firing! The answer to aggression was aggression that's how it works.

Same goes for Damone. I've been in court but you didn't spend all your waking hours for six years working undercover in every shithole from San Fran to the border. Or any of other myriad shit I had to that I can't unsee. This is why cops hang out together. Other people don't have a clue.
    I'm far from a bad ass myself, but I know a few.

None of them talk like you. Your desperate need for random assholes on the internet to think you're tough is fucking weird.
    I Answer questions. I won't in the future.
    TIA
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,854
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

alumni94 said:

Cincinnati, well official across the river in Covington Ky. It just didn't feel right.
    Also a small town in the Santa Cruz mountains at a park with a river on a hot day. Bunch of guys with neo-nazi tattoos, and most people didn't even know. Turned out they were nice and not looking to start anything. Honestly, what worries me is that they would expect me to join in on their side if shit went down. Not sure if I would. It would depend on the situation.

Newport Kentucky. What a fucking shithole lol
    Anything other than Lexington in Kentucky is a shithole.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,592
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

alumni94 said:

Cincinnati, well official across the river in Covington Ky. It just didn't feel right.
    Also a small town in the Santa Cruz mountains at a park with a river on a hot day. Bunch of guys with neo-nazi tattoos, and most people didn't even know. Turned out they were nice and not looking to start anything. Honestly, what worries me is that they would expect me to join in on their side if shit went down. Not sure if I would. It would depend on the situation.

Are there no chicks in Kentucky
  • Options

alumni94 said:

Are there no chicks in Kentucky
    Just heavily botoxed former hottie Ashley Judd.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,792

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

This from the guy who regales us with stories about machine guns and intimidating LA gangs with his bad assery ... ad nauseam.

Responding to a guy who has the sack to own whatever dog makes his wife and kids happy because he knows he doesn’t need a Rottweiler to make his dick work.

We aren't the same. But only your story is ok. Mines not. Because I wasn't scared. I'll be scared sometime just for you.
    As between the two of us, I'd imagine the average person would score that as a bigger challenge for you than for me.

As to scoring your story, take it up with Damone. I happen to agree with him, but that's neither here nor there. He took the first take.

Why are you trying so hard to convince everybody you're a tuff guy who doesn't experience fear? I don't give a fuck one way or the other ... at all.

I myself am afraid of a lot of things, like most normal people. But I'm not the one trying to sell the Dirty Harry routine.
    A question was asked I posted an experience. We do or did different jobs. The stuff I did was different. You expected a story like your own. You can't look or be a pussy in my job bad people pick up on that. That's not driven home much anymore and the people coming in have no life experience. Cowardice is a fireable offense and I'd see to the firing! The answer to aggression was aggression that's how it works.

Same goes for Damone. I've been in court but you didn't spend all your waking hours for six years working undercover in every shithole from San Fran to the border. Or any of other myriad shit I had to that I can't unsee. This is why cops hang out together. Other people don't have a clue.

None of them talk like you. Your desperate need for random assholes on the internet to think you're tough is fucking weird.
    It has nothing to do with that. The difference is I told the story as I would to another cop. My mistake since you guys are clueless on the mind set required while doing police work. One of the reasons cops usually hang out with other cops. I won't make that mistake again since it somehow damages some peoples sensibilities. No worries that's all changing in police work. It'll be like San Angeles in Demolition Man in another 10-20 years. Society won't be better for it.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

It has nothing to do with that. The difference is I told the story as I would to another cop. My mistake since you guys are clueless on the mind set required while doing police work. One of the reasons cops usually hang out with other cops. I won't make that mistake again since it somehow damages some peoples sensibilities. No worries that's all changing in police work. It'll be like San Angeles in Demolition Man in another 10-20 years. Society won't be better for it.
    Excuse me, Police work Superiority Guy, but I watched Baretta, Starsky & Hutch and Police Woman growing up. So there!
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,792

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Excuse me, Police work Superiority Guy, but I watched Baretta, Starsky & Hutch and Police Woman growing up. So there!
    Shit you're old too.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Baseman said:

In all honesty, I did feel a little uncomfortable one night in Oakland. Post-Raiders game, partied a bit and then dude dropped me at the BART Station on a slow roll and said, "Get your ass inside the gates right now. Don't stop for anything or anybody".

Oak Town is no joke.
    Nope, it isn't.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,252
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Oakland Fruitvale is probably the closest thing to what a 3rd world shithole is that I've been to in the US. That's including South Central in the late 90's.

Been to lots of 3rd world shitholes though. Always was smart enough to make some friends, "why make an enemy when you can make a friend". Kept me out of plenty of trouble and got me into some.

I've always been the kind to end up drinking with degenerates instead of being hassled by them. Never show fear, walk with a purpose but not quickly, and always offer to buy the locals a drink out of respect. Then leave before they get too drunk and want to fight.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,592

Oakland Fruitvale is probably the closest thing to what a 3rd world shithole is that I've been to in the US. That's including South Central in the late 90's.

Been to lots of 3rd world shitholes though. Always was smart enough to make some friends, "why make an enemy when you can make a friend". Kept me out of plenty of trouble and got me into some.

I've always been the kind to end up drinking with degenerates instead of being hassled by them. Never show fear, walk with a purpose but not quickly, and always offer to buy the locals a drink out of respect. Then leave before they get too drunk and want to fight.

Probably the best non pup anal advice on the board
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,886
    Founders Club

alumni94 said:

FREE PUB!!!

Louisville is looking a little run down and between Louisville and Lexington, you pretty much cover the only cities with a population over 100k.

There are definitely some shithole towns here and some that are quite pleasant.
  • Options
    BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,317
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Chinatown NYC at 5 in the morning. Detroit near Ford Field or a neighborhood called Belmont. Training in South Chicago for 3 weeks. Also was riding a route with a Coca Cola driver in 1985 Watts.

I have traveled the world in business. There are some pretty intense 3rd world cities that make anything in the USA look good.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,361
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,162
    I don’t get feelings of unsafe.

I give them.
  • Options
    HHusky said:

I give them.

You should visit other places than the Castro in SF.

• Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,512
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Atlantic City, Philadelphia, and Chicago. Atlantic City was the worst. 1 block off of the main strip and it's a total ghetto.
  • Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,162

HHusky said:

I give them.

Thud
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,749

HHusky said:

I give them.

Tenderloin is more H's speed. He likes it so much, he and his Libtard cult brought it back to Seattle.