Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

What American town have you ever felt the most unsafe?

Comments

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

dflea said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

South end of Watts because it looked like it had just been bombed and i was searching the sky for enemy planes.

I've had groups of gang members see me in my UC vehicle and start flipping me off and throwing signs. I flipped them off. I had a submachine gun in my lap so it wasn't me that should have felt unsafe.

Assuming there was one of you, you were definitely the one who should have felt unsafe.

Well it's a matter of perspective. The 60 friends on board made me feel more confident than they were.
    You brought 60 friends, and then acted tough?

lol

You're a gargantuan pussy.
    There are 2 30 round mags on my SMG. Look up H&K MP5 mag clamp. HTH

What's life without friends?
    To think you are going to out gun LA gangbangers is laughable
    Are you speaking from experience?

They we're walking in a group. It was all fun and games.
    They have sub machine guns. HTH.
    Impossible. There’s laws against that.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited January 2020
    If "America" means N. America, including Canada, then East Hastings - Vancouver, BC. Total fucking shithole loaded with aggressive addicts. Otherwise St. Thomas, USVI during Carnival, when the power went out in the fairgrounds and guys with machetes started chasing their rival gang members around. The ratio of blacks to whites was over 1000 to 1 and the carnival theme the year before was "Kill the Rabbit." USVI is a possession, so I think it gets in.
  • Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    Standard Supporter
    edited January 2020

If "America" means N. America, including Canada, then East Hastings - Vancouver, BC. Total fucking shithole loaded with aggressive addicts. Otherwise St. Thomas, USVI during Carnival, when the power went out in the fairgrounds and guys with machetes started chasing their rival gang members around. The ratio of blacks to whites was over 1000 to 1 and the carnival theme the year before was "Kill the Rabbit." USVI is a possession, so I think it gets in.

*Wabbit

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited January 2020
    This from the guy who regales us with stories about machine guns and intimidating LA gangs with his bad assery ... ad nauseam.

Responding to a guy who has the sack to own whatever dog makes his wife and kids happy because he knows he doesn’t need a Rottweiler to make his dick work.

You really should do something about that giant chip on your shoulder ....
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,796
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited January 2020

This from the guy who regales us with stories about machine guns and intimidating LA gangs with his bad assery ... ad nauseam.

Responding to a guy who has the sack to own whatever dog makes his wife and kids happy because he knows he doesn’t need a Rottweiler to make his dick work.

Imagine other peoples life experiences are different than yours.

We aren't the same. But only your story is ok. Mines not. Because I wasn't scared. I'll be scared sometime just for you.
  • Options
    Sledog said:

We aren't the same. But only your story is ok. Mines not. Because I wasn't scared. I'll be scared sometime just for you.
    As between the two of us, I'd imagine the average person would score that as a bigger challenge for you than for me.

As to scoring your story, take it up with Damone. I happen to agree with him, but that's neither here nor there. He took the first take.

Why are you trying so hard to convince everybody you're a tuff guy who doesn't experience fear? I don't give a fuck one way or the other ... at all.

I myself am afraid of a lot of things, like most normal people. But I'm not the one trying to sell the Dirty Harry routine.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,592
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Sledog said:

As between the two of us, I'd imagine the average person would score that as a bigger challenge for you than for me.

As to scoring your story, take it up with Damone. I happen to agree with him, but that's neither here nor there. He took the first take.

Why are you trying so hard to convince everybody you're a tuff guy who doesn't experience fear? I don't give a fuck one way or the other ... at all.

I myself am afraid of a lot of things, like most normal people. But I'm not the one trying to sell the Dirty Harry routine.
    Only j is tuff
  • Options
    BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,317
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Most people understand that American cities don't even rate on the high scale when it comes to lack of safety. The third world is a scary place.

I have been in every state multiple times, some cities other than my own 100's of times. I typically don't get the scared thing going on in a strange and falling down place (my wife will roll up the window and lock the door if a toothless white poodle walks up to the side of the car), not because I am a tough guy, I just give people the benefit of the doubt that they aren't looking for trouble all of the time.

The only place on the West Coast that I have ever felt the need to protect myself because I was not the norm in that neighborhood was Watts back in the early 80's. I stupidly went for a run and got lost. Running around passed out people in the ditches can be a bit otherworldly. I am sure the place is better now but back then it was still just a burned out hole. China Town NYC at 5 am. Again, went for a morning run, got lost and was urged to high tail it back to civilization. Nothing good was going on there with the gangs at that time of the morning and I ran right into the middle of it. Prior to that run in China Town I never believed that rats were the size of cats. Now I do and they are all over the fucking place and not afraid of humans. New Orleans, car got a blow out crossing Bourbon at 5:30 in the morning. A lot of people coming up to the car doors trying to open them while I was on the other side repairing the tire. My date at the time was a screaming psychotic mess. I had to threaten the people with my tire iron more than once. I couldn't get the tire repaired fast enough and I had zero light and was standing in that curb water that they spray down the sidewalks with each morning before they open up the restaurants for breakfast. God awful smelling and looking shit. If you have been there early in the morning you know what I am talking about with the water and the smells. Got the tire fixed in record fucking time, started up the car, drove two blocks with this date of mine who I flew in from Seattle sobbing next to me, and a group of assholes surround the car and were beating on the hood and trunk just to fuck with us. Before my date vapor locked on me, I put my foot on the gas and sent them flying. My date is probably still in therapy. The last time was South Philly. I never felt safe and I was canvassing the neighborhood with 10 other people. Will never, ever, go there again. I would go for a walk in Watts with money dangling out of my pockets before I would ever head back to S Philly.
  • Options

Sledog said:

A question was asked I posted an experience. We do or did different jobs. The stuff I did was different. You expected a story like your own. You can't look or be a pussy in my job bad people pick up on that. That's not driven home much anymore and the people coming in have no life experience. Cowardice is a fireable offense and I'd see to the firing! The answer to aggression was aggression that's how it works.

Same goes for Damone. I've been in court but you didn't spend all your waking hours for six years working undercover in every shithole from San Fran to the border. Or any of other myriad shit I had to that I can't unsee. This is why cops hang out together. Other people don't have a clue.
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    Standard Supporter

Most people understand that American cities don't even rate on the high scale when it comes to lack of safety. The third world is a scary place.

I have been in every state multiple times, some cities other than my own 100's of times. I typically don't get the scared thing going on in a strange and falling down place (my wife will roll up the window and lock the door if a toothless white poodle walks up to the side of the car), not because I am a tough guy, I just give people the benefit of the doubt that they aren't looking for trouble all of the time.

The only place on the West Coast that I have ever felt the need to protect myself because I was not the norm in that neighborhood was Watts back in the early 80's. I stupidly went for a run and got lost. Running around passed out people in the ditches can be a bit otherworldly. I am sure the place is better now but back then it was still just a burned out hole. China Town NYC at 5 am. Again, went for a morning run, got lost and was urged to high tail it back to civilization. Nothing good was going on there with the gangs at that time of the morning and I ran right into the middle of it. Prior to that run in China Town I never believed that rats were the size of cats. Now I do and they are all over the fucking place and not afraid of humans. New Orleans, car got a blow out crossing Bourbon at 5:30 in the morning. A lot of people coming up to the car doors trying to open them while I was on the other side repairing the tire. My date at the time was a screaming psychotic mess. I had to threaten the people with my tire iron more than once. I couldn't get the tire repaired fast enough and I had zero light and was standing in that curb water that they spray down the sidewalks with each morning before they open up the restaurants for breakfast. God awful smelling and looking shit. If you have been there early in the morning you know what I am talking about with the water and the smells. Got the tire fixed in record fucking time, started up the car, drove two blocks with this date of mine who I flew in from Seattle sobbing next to me, and a group of assholes surround the car and were beating on the hood and trunk just to fuck with us. Before my date vapor locked on me, I put my foot on the gas and sent them flying. My date is probably still in therapy. The last time was South Philly. I never felt safe and I was canvassing the neighborhood with 10 other people. Will never, ever, go there again. I would go for a walk in Watts with money dangling out of my pockets before I would ever head back to S Philly.

Late 80s early 90s South Central LA, Oakland and Richmond were all pretty nasty. New Orleans in the area described by Throbber is still scary. Until Rudy came to town parts of New York were scary. I've never been but I hear East St. Louis is a shit hole. And Baltimore is still pretty awful.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    SFGbob said:

Late 80s early 90s South Central LA, Oakland and Richmond were all pretty nasty. New Orleans in the area described by Throbber is still scary. Until Rudy came to town parts of New York were scary. I've never been but I hear East St. Louis is a shit hole. And Baltimore is still pretty awful.
    A big one. St. Louis overall has some issues and I would rate it a pretty tough town, up there with the bad ones.

Still, I don't think there's anything like Chicago now, especially the south side. But the random shootings happen everywhere there. I was there on business and walking to meet a group at a well - known restaurant and three blocks were tapped off for a crime scene. Some guy just got shot because some other guy wanted his car to drive from there to somewhere else. One of the locals told me that happens all the time in Chicago.
  • Options
    Sledog said:

Sledog said:

A question was asked I posted an experience. We do or did different jobs. The stuff I did was different. You expected a story like your own. You can't look or be a pussy in my job bad people pick up on that. That's not driven home much anymore and the people coming in have no life experience. Cowardice is a fireable offense and I'd see to the firing! The answer to aggression was aggression that's how it works.

Same goes for Damone. I've been in court but you didn't spend all your waking hours for six years working undercover in every shithole from San Fran to the border. Or any of other myriad shit I had to that I can't unsee. This is why cops hang out together. Other people don't have a clue.
    No, I didn't expect anything. You're assuming I care more than I do.

I get the gist of what you did and have no issue with it.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited January 2020
    Sledog said:

Sledog said:

I'm far from a bad ass myself, but I know a few.

None of them talk like you. Your desperate need for random assholes on the internet to think you're tough is fucking weird.
  • Options
    alumni94alumni94 Member Posts: 4,849
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited January 2020
    Cincinnati, well official across the river in Covington Ky. It just didn't feel right.
    Also a small town in the Santa Cruz mountains at a park with a river on a hot day. Bunch of guys with neo-nazi tattoos, and most people didn't even know. Turned out they were nice and not looking to start anything. Honestly, what worries me is that they would expect me to join in on their side if shit went down. Not sure if I would. It would depend on the situation.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    alumni94 said:

Cincinnati, well official across the river in Covington Ky. It just didn't feel right.

At the delta terminal?
  • Options

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

I'm far from a bad ass myself, but I know a few.

None of them talk like you. Your desperate need for random assholes on the internet to think you're tough is fucking weird.
    I Answer questions. I won't in the future.
  • Options
    Purple_PillsPurple_Pills Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,817
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

The last time was South Philly. I never felt safe and I was canvassing the neighborhood with 10 other people. Will never, ever, go there again. I would go for a walk in Watts with money dangling out of my pockets before I would ever head back to S Philly.

That screams how bad of a shithole Philly has become as South Philly (except the projects to the west) is considered pretty decent by Philadelphia standards. Visit West Philadelphia or North Philadelphia next time.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365

In all honesty, I did feel a little uncomfortable one night in Oakland. Post-Raiders game, partied a bit and then dude dropped me at the BART Station on a slow roll and said, "Get your ass inside the gates right now. Don't stop for anything or anybody".

Oak Town is no joke.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,592
    alumni94 said:

Also a small town in the Santa Cruz mountains at a park with a river on a hot day. Bunch of guys with neo-nazi tattoos, and most people didn't even know. Turned out they were nice and not looking to start anything. Honestly, what worries me is that they would expect me to join in on their side if shit went down. Not sure if I would. It would depend on the situation.

Newport Kentucky. What a fucking shithole lol