Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Biggest fish you've ever landed? Aka, Fish Stories Dick Measuring thread

YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,967 Founders Club

Biggest fish you've ever landed? Aka, Fish Stories Dick Measuring thread 20 votes

0- 5 lbs
15%
Mad_SonDoog_de_Jour1to392831weretaken 3 votes
5- 9 lbs
15%
huskyhooliganIce_HolmvikYellowSnow 3 votes
10- 19 lbs
5%
RoadDawg55 1 vote
20- 49 lbs
20%
dfleaspudenminion_doogNoWarningJustDawg 4 votes
50 lbs +
20%
MikeDamoneThomasFremontchuckSECDAWG 4 votes
I have a puffy little ginage between my supple thighs and don't fish
25%
DerekJohnsonPurpleBazeGreenRiverGatorzPitchfork51BleachedAnusDawg 5 votes

Comments

• chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,926 Swaye's Wigwam
    50 lbs +
    I beached a sturgeon that was every bit of 8' long the one and only time I went sturgeon fishing. It left me curled into a tight ball on the rocks and unable to move for about an hour. My back was tied in a knot and my legs were shaking uncontrollably for the last 10 minutes of it. It takes good technique to fight a fish like that from the bank and I didn't have it.

Other than that a fair number of 30-40lb chinook is the best I can do. I netted a 52lb bright chinook for a buddy once.
  • Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member Posts: 2,911
    5- 9 lbs
    Some 5 to 7 lb largemouth. Havent steel headed much. Looking to get after that soon for a new experience in life! Easier than trading out women and I really like the one I have now.
  • huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,328 Swaye's Wigwam
    5- 9 lbs
    does @PurpleBaze count? Okay so I haven't reeled him in just yet, but in my defense his Uber hours are hard to work around.

On topic, just a catfish. They really love chicken liver.
  • Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member Posts: 2,911
    5- 9 lbs

I don't fish, but I shoot at things... not necessarily animals.

Tannerites a blast!
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,715 Founders Club
    I have a puffy little ginage between my supple thighs and don't fish

Tannerites a blast!
    Okay...
  • minion_doogminion_doog Member Posts: 1,975
    20- 49 lbs
    Chinook, may have broke 40. Ninilchik River, AK. Shoulder to shoulder, true combat fishing. The river was about 10-12 feet wide where we grabbed the bank so occasionally you had to negotiate the guys on the other side.

It took off down river where the water got wide and fought for close to an hour, still can't believe the sheer power and violence it created on the rod. Quite a thrill. The guy who took us to the spot was on the net. I can't remember what the issue was but after many attempts, he ended up throwing the net down and going into the water with both arms in a bear hug to finally snatch it. He was as tired as I was. This was also around 3 am.
    20- 49 lbs

Tannerites a blast!

• spudenspuden Member Posts: 358
    20- 49 lbs
    Caught a 25 pound Chinook salmon a few hundred yards off the Dungeness Spit with my dad when I was about 5-6 years old. Just the two of us out in pretty rough water that day. It required his help to reel in, but it was a monster for a kid. I still remember the mix of fear and excitement brining such a big salmon in the boat. It was almost as tall as me in the picture we took when we got it home. My dad loved fishing , and would go to Neah Bay every year with his dad and bribers, but it but it never took with me. I’ve done a little fly fishing here and there, but not much since I was a kid.
  • dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,228
    edited January 2020
    20- 49 lbs

For someone who's been paid to take people fishing as a summer jerb, my large fish resume is twash as fuck. No thanks to @dflea I've never caught a Steelhead. My biggest trout ever was a Donaldson rainbow (GMO rainbow/stealhead hybrid) that was about 6 or 7 lbs.

You and Ice should hit me up in a couple weeks and make up another trip out to the OP to rustle up a wily steelhead. You might consider trying a gear rod this time. Also, if one of you guys could drive that would be great because I'd like to drink a little more than last time.

20- 49 lbs
    dflea said:

For someone who's been paid to take people fishing as a summer jerb, my large fish resume is twash as fuck. No thanks to @dflea I've never caught a Steelhead. My biggest trout ever was a Donaldson rainbow (GMO rainbow/stealhead hybrid) that was about 6 or 7 lbs.

You and Ice should hit me up in a couple weeks and make up another trip out to the OP to rustle up a wily steelhead. You might consider trying a gear rod this time. Also, if one of you guys could drive that would be great because I'd like to drink a little more than last time.

Please to be placing me on the alternates list
  • SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004
    50 lbs +
    Have caught many different species of fish >50# in the GOM but largest was 383# Tiger Shark.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    10- 19 lbs
    Caught a 10-19 pound salmon when I went on a charter boat in Westport. Not sure the exact size tho.
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    50 lbs +
    Alaskan halibut = biggest

Black cod = best

Shiner perch = most
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,967 Founders Club
    5- 9 lbs

I typically go for the big Copper River filets at Costco when they're in season. That's the extent of my fishing prowess.

Fish for fun. Store for eating.
  • dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,228
    20- 49 lbs

I typically go for the big Copper River filets at Costco when they're in season. That's the extent of my fishing prowess.

This is the penny-wise way to eat fish around here. I don't even want to know what the cost per pound of the fish in my freezer is. I have a hard time buying fish I can catch, though, because I'm poor at math.