Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

UW Junior Day Weekend Thread

1235»

Comments

• Options
    DawgDaze71DawgDaze71 Member Posts: 705
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

As someone who went east for school this is dumb

Your point had to do with difficulty with time zones - way to move the goal posts - and your previous point was and still is dumb
    And your point was "well I did it, so it's not that hard". Different strokes for different folks.

Let's file this one as "claim chowder" and discuss after Emeka commits. Honestly I think it's 50/50 with him weighing leaving the state vs staying. It's just a guess. If the UW passing game looks much better and dynamic our odds probably go up.

• Options
    BayDawgBayDawg Member Posts: 1,623
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Totally off topic (and I know, pink tutus), but why dont we ever where this combo with the gold helmet? Didnt we use to?
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    BayDawg said:

Totally off topic (and I know, pink tutus), but why dont we ever where this combo with the gold helmet? Didnt we use to?
    Ware*
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,753
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited February 2020

@RoadDawg55 I think West Coast kids need to understand the difficulty in moving East by two time zones. A 3 hour difference doesn't sound like a lot but for kids that are used to daily communication with family or friends suddenly you find that you can't send those morning texts or calls because your friends/family are sleeping. You're getting ready to go to bed and they're just getting food on the dinner table. I think it's easier for a kid from the East to go West because friends/family back home have already got their day started.

I think Justin Flowe probably came to this realization and decided to stay west.

I think literally nobody makes a decision on where they'll play because of time zones. And two of my kids are going/went to college on the east coast. Distance and difficulty getting home for a weekend or having family come out to watch you play? Sure. Time zones? No.

And before you say it, both of them had comparable academic options in California. So choice has nothing to do with it.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,753
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Baseman said:

@RoadDawg55 I think West Coast kids need to understand the difficulty in moving East by two time zones. A 3 hour difference doesn't sound like a lot but for kids that are used to daily communication with family or friends suddenly you find that you can't send those morning texts or calls because your friends/family are sleeping. You're getting ready to go to bed and they're just getting food on the dinner table. I think it's easier for a kid from the East to go West because friends/family back home have already got their day started.

I think Justin Flowe probably came to this realization and decided to stay west.

Some dads won't fly. They just won't
    The last two recruiting cycles Clemson has 2 kids from California. Ngata last year and DJ U this year. Clemson understands the odds are low of getting west coast kids to actually sign and hop on that plane.
    Just like we understand. When we had Charles Frederick ...he was homesick for half his stay. He was ready to pack his bags after an argument.

Emeka is not going to Clemson. He comes from a stable family so he's not running from dysfunction. Ohio State is a far as he wants to go and if the UW doesn't have a fucked up offense this year you have a good chance of keeping him home.
    Yes, and DJ Williams was homesick for the Bay Area when he played at Miami. That was a different time. Technology now makes it very easy to stay in touch with people at home. Kids switching coasts is quite common.