Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

UW Junior Day Weekend Thread

Comments

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,482
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    chuck said:

Bread said:

Who cares if they commit? We will get hats on the table for all of them. That's more then we could have hoped for with Petersen.

I'm trying to give thus the benefit of the doubt and believe that it's dumb in a clever, funny way. I just can't see it though, and I've tried from every angle I can think of.
    Gnu too bred?
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Woof said:

I think the bigger dudes will wait until the season to see how the team actually looks before committing.

I somewhat agree, but most guys who say they will wait until December end up commiting earlier, even the big names (e.g., Smalls). If a few of their buddies from FSP/Heir are already in the boat, it is a bigger hurdle for them to look elsewhere in the spring. If April rolls around and we haven't closed a few more in-state kids, it will be a big warning sign for me.
    I expect Jimmy will try to have a big closing weekend the weekend of the spring game
  • Options
    DawgDaze71DawgDaze71 Member Posts: 705
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    @RoadDawg55 I think West Coast kids need to understand the difficulty in moving East by two time zones. A 3 hour difference doesn't sound like a lot but for kids that are used to daily communication with family or friends suddenly you find that you can't send those morning texts or calls because your friends/family are sleeping. You're getting ready to go to bed and they're just getting food on the dinner table. I think it's easier for a kid from the East to go West because friends/family back home have already got their day started.

I think Justin Flowe probably came to this realization and decided to stay west.
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,742
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Doogles said:

Everyone may be pissed about his OC hire, but Jimmy is about to crank recruiting up to 11.

These next few classes will be special.

Will Washington 3.0 go 8-5 like Washington 2.0?
    all signs point to yes... but think about how many tims microsoft stepped on their own dicks trying to get from windows 7 to windows 10
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,742
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

@RoadDawg55 I think West Coast kids need to understand the difficulty in moving East by two time zones. A 3 hour difference doesn't sound like a lot but for kids that are used to daily communication with family or friends suddenly you find that you can't send those morning texts or calls because your friends/family are sleeping. You're getting ready to go to bed and they're just getting food on the dinner table. I think it's easier for a kid from the East to go West because friends/family back home have already got their day started.

I think Justin Flowe probably came to this realization and decided to stay west.

lol
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Some dads won't fly. They just won't
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,364
    Swaye's Wigwam

Doogles said:

Everyone may be pissed about his OC hire, but Jimmy is about to crank recruiting up to 11.

These next few classes will be special.

Will Washington 3.0 go 8-5 like Washington 2.0?
    all signs point to yes... but think about how many tims microsoft stepped on their own dicks trying to get from windows 7 to windows 10
    So I take it this assumes Windows 10 isn't a dick-stepping?
  • Options
    Baseman said:

The last two recruiting cycles Clemson has 2 kids from California. Ngata last year and DJ U this year. Clemson understands the odds are low of getting west coast kids to actually sign and hop on that plane.
    Just like we understand. When we had Charles Frederick ...he was homesick for half his stay. He was ready to pack his bags after an argument.

Emeka is not going to Clemson. He comes from a stable family so he's not running from dysfunction. Ohio State is a far as he wants to go and if the UW doesn't have a fucked up offense this year you have a good chance of keeping him home.
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,364
    Swaye's Wigwam

Baseman said:

The last two recruiting cycles Clemson has 2 kids from California. Ngata last year and DJ U this year. Clemson understands the odds are low of getting west coast kids to actually sign and hop on that plane.
    Just like we understand. When we had Charles Frederick ...he was homesick for half his stay. He was ready to pack his bags after an argument.

Emeka is not going to Clemson. He comes from a stable family so he's not running from dysfunction. Ohio State is a far as he wants to go and if the UW doesn't have a fucked up offense this year you have a good chance of keeping him home.
    1.) This seems like a bold assertion. You know the guy?
    2.) Columbus, Ohio being appreciably closer then Clemson, South Carolina is pretty silly. He's getting on a plane, so what's distance have to do with it? In fact, the Google is telling me that flight time from SeaTac to Columbus is to the minute identical to flight time from SeaTac to Atlanta, so we're talking about the difference being a two hour car ride from Atlanta to Clemson? No kid is choosing their college because they're don't want to ride in a car for a couple of hours a few times per year.
  • Options
    You guys are right. For the life of me I thought Ohio was not ETS. It’s amazing they recruit California as well as they do.

I’m not surprised to read that Joe Ngata has the same experience that I had living in Georgia. Communication is tough you have to make it work.

Ngata on being so far away from home

“A little bit with the schedule and the time delay. It’s a little hard to keep in contact,” Ngata said Tuesday. “But I try to call my parents as much as possible and call my brother as much as possible

The “Wide Receiver U” pipeline drew Ngata to Clemson, as did “how genuine everybody was and it wasn’t fake.”

I wouldn’t mind our coaches selling the DBU stuff a bit stronger. The UW has had a remarkable amount of players not only make the league but become starters recently.
  • Options
    Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,943

As someone who went east for school this is dumb
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

You guys are right. For the life of me I thought Ohio was not ETS. It’s amazing they recruit California as well as they do.

I’m not surprised to read that Joe Ngata has the same experience that I had living in Georgia. Communication is tough you have to make it work.

Ngata on being so far away from home

“A little bit with the schedule and the time delay. It’s a little hard to keep in contact,” Ngata said Tuesday. “But I try to call my parents as much as possible and call my brother as much as possible

The “Wide Receiver U” pipeline drew Ngata to Clemson, as did “how genuine everybody was and it wasn’t fake.”

I wouldn’t mind our coaches selling the DBU stuff a bit stronger. The UW has had a remarkable amount of players not only make the league but become starters recently.
    Pretty sure we do sell it hard.
  • Options

You weren’t best best in the country in the country at your position. Your options weren’t the same.
    It’s pretty simple if your local programs are healthy, most of the in-state talent stays home. If USC
    And UCLA are healthy Flowe is a Trojan or Bruin.

That why I didn’t trip when Smalls dropped the UW. The UW staff can lazily recruits at times.

• Options
    Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,943

You weren’t best best in the country in the country at your position. Your options weren’t the same.
    It’s pretty simple if your local programs are healthy, most of the in-state talent stays home. If USC
    And UCLA are healthy Flowe is a Trojan or Bruin.

That why I didn’t trip when Smalls dropped the UW. The UW staff can lazily recruits at times.

Your point had to do with difficulty with time zones - way to move the goal posts - and your previous point was and still is dumb
  • Options
    Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,299

So in this picture, Conerly-55, Burke-10, Ortiz-1, JTT, Julien Simon, Jaelin Green (behind Simon), Emeka, Jaden Wayne (behind Lake), Sam Huard, Will Latu-11, Junior Alexander, Jabez Tinae, Tobias Merriweather-5, Owen Prentice

I can't tell 28 and kid behind Sam?
    So that was probably Jaraye Williams