Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

UW Junior Day Weekend Thread

Comments

• Options
    Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,299
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Maybe just the pictures but Iuli looks slimmer this year, if he stays in shape he'll be incredible. And dad looks like a bad mfer
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Wonder how good he is compared to his brother. I know he’s bigger.
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Everyone may be pissed about his OC hire, but Jimmy is about to crank recruiting up to 11.

These next few classes will be special.

• Options
    WoofWoof Member Posts: 769
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Seems to have gone quite well, but since we are being critical about everything now, is it too much to ask to actually get one of these guys to commit? I was hoping we could get the ball rolling on the '21 class with another one of the in-state kids. I don't think we've had a commitment at a junior day since the overhyped St Tosh's day massacre.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,945
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Woof said:

Seems to have gone quite well, but since we are being critical about everything now, is it too much to ask to actually get one of these guys to commit? I was hoping we could get the ball rolling on the '21 class with another one of the in-state kids. I don't think we've had a commitment at a junior day since the overhyped St Tosh's day massacre.

I dont think that was junior day, but I might be wrong
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Woof said:

That was during the Rising Stars camp
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,127
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Jimmy appears to be a complete retard when it comes to hiring coaches, but this fucker GETS IT with crootin! ETS will be en fuego the next couple years.
  • Options

Woof said:

I stand corrected on the Tosh thing.

My bigger poont is that if Jimmy can close a few of the more mid-ranked guys (Prentice, Latu, Alexander), or get one of the '22 or '23 guys to commit, it will be jet fuel for this class. We've already seen what an impact Huard has made.
  • Options
    DoogWhispererDoogWhisperer Member Posts: 1,023
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    I think the bigger dudes will wait until the season to see how the team actually looks before committing.
  • Options

I think the bigger dudes will wait until the season to see how the team actually looks before committing.

I somewhat agree, but most guys who say they will wait until December end up commiting earlier, even the big names (e.g., Smalls). If a few of their buddies from FSP/Heir are already in the boat, it is a bigger hurdle for them to look elsewhere in the spring. If April rolls around and we haven't closed a few more in-state kids, it will be a big warning sign for me.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Woof said:

Woof said:

I stand corrected on the Tosh thing.

My bigger poont is that if Jimmy can close a few of the more mid-ranked guys (Prentice, Latu, Alexander), or get one of the '22 or '23 guys to commit, it will be jet fuel for this class. We've already seen what an impact Huard has made.
    Not Latu. Hold him off until you see him show the steps needed for him to improve. That was a bad offer.
  • Options
    BreadBread Member Posts: 3,985
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Who cares if they commit? We will get hats on the table for all of them. That's more then we could have hoped for with Petersen.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,728
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Bread said:

Who cares if they commit? We will get hats on the table for all of them. That's more then we could have hoped for with Petersen.

I'm trying to give thus the benefit of the doubt and believe that it's dumb in a clever, funny way. I just can't see it though, and I've tried from every angle I can think of.