Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Jimmy Lake didn’t make flashy hires. But are they the right hires?

2»

Comments

• Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,852
    edited January 2020

guntlove said:

This OC hire is like some kind of insane Russian doll of shitiness... Every time you look closer, dig deeper, or find out some new piece of information, it looks worse. It is an absolute flaming shit-wreck of a hire. It's indefensible and I honestly can't explain it. It's either hubris or gross incompetence on Jimmy's part... or some kind of toxic combination of both.

This combined with his decision to bring back Bob Gregory, which pisses me off almost as much as the Donavan hire, have me convinced we're fucked. The only logical conclusion is that Jimmy has no fucking idea what he's doing. We've got generationally good local talent coming down the pipe this year... but even if we manage to sign Emeka & JT etc, they're gonna get wasted on a coach who's in way over his head.

We won't ever win the pac 12, much less get to the playoff with Jimmy. Take yer screenshots. Or don't. I don't really give a shit anymore... I think I stopped caring after the Stanford game this year anyway. The only enjoyment I get out of Husky football anymore is coming to this festering shitpit to get bullied by @dnc.

gunt.

what happened with the stanford game
    Petersen cucked it up.
    Ftg way to go out with zero wins against HERM

pups totally demoralized
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,852

guntlove said:

This OC hire is like some kind of insane Russian doll of shitiness... Every time you look closer, dig deeper, or find out some new piece of information, it looks worse. It is an absolute flaming shit-wreck of a hire. It's indefensible and I honestly can't explain it. It's either hubris or gross incompetence on Jimmy's part... or some kind of toxic combination of both.

This combined with his decision to bring back Bob Gregory, which pisses me off almost as much as the Donavan hire, have me convinced we're fucked. The only logical conclusion is that Jimmy has no fucking idea what he's doing. We've got generationally good local talent coming down the pipe this year... but even if we manage to sign Emeka & JT etc, they're gonna get wasted on a coach who's in way over his head.

We won't ever win the pac 12, much less get to the playoff with Jimmy. Take yer screenshots. Or don't. I don't really give a shit anymore... I think I stopped caring after the Stanford game this year anyway. The only enjoyment I get out of Husky football anymore is coming to this festering shitpit to get bullied by @dnc.

gunt.

what happened with the stanford game
    Petersen cucked it up.
    Ftg way to go out with zero wins against HERM

pups totally demoralized
    Pete was 1-0 vs Herm.
    NOC
  • EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333
    guntlove said:

gunt.

It's said that Petersen was going to fire Bob if he'd have stayed. Bob is still on staff.

Now ask yourself why.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,156

It's a bold move that shows Jimmy isn't afraid of the naysayers. Hell do what he has to to make the team great.

If its the assistant to the rb coach as his OC fine. If it's a retarded middle school kid as his assistant HC, fine.

Trust the process and you might be in for a big treat.

Waterboy in at linebacker is in play.
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,524 Swaye's Wigwam

It's a bold move that shows Jimmy isn't afraid of the naysayers. Hell do what he has to to make the team great.

If its the assistant to the rb coach as his OC fine. If it's a retarded middle school kid as his assistant HC, fine.

Trust the process and you might be in for a big treat.

Waterboy in at linebacker is in play.
    That can actually work. I've seen it.
  • dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,358
    guntlove said:

gunt.

Bless you