Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

John Donovan named OC

Comments

• Options
    EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Houhusky said:

I wonder if Donovan now regrets leaving Jacksonville? Oh, wait. He wouldn't have even sniffed an interview for this job.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28475805/jaguars-oc-john-defilippo-mutually-part-ways-1-season

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- The Jaguars and offensive coordinator John DeFilippo have mutually agreed to part ways after just one season, the team announced Monday.

Nobody was hiring Donovan. He barely existed until Lake saved him. You don’t be an offensive analyst and assistant RB coach by choice.
    Going to be a really cool day for Donovan when he retires from a stressful coaching job in a year or two and takes a family job in Colorado with his dad doing finances or whatever.
    Pueblo, cool fucking city,!!
  • Options

Donovan DEFINITELY didn't feel the ax coming down and tell his old buddy Derhan about it. Nuh uh, no way. Jimmy left no stone unturned in zeroing in on the Big D. ILTCHTBD.
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,742
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Emoterman said:

Donovan DEFINITELY didn't feel the ax coming down and tell his old buddy Derhan about it. Nuh uh, no way. Jimmy left no stone unturned in zeroing in on the Big D. ILTCHTBD.
    Cato was already on UW staff
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Emoterman said:

• Options
    edited January 2020

Emoterman said:

Donovan calls Cato, on UW staff, tells him he's going to lose his job. Derhan says "bummer bro, but Jimmy loves the smell of my farts, I'll put in a good word for you, he's got no fucking clue who he wants for OC. " 🤷🏻‍♂️

edit: I see the lack of clarity. Donovan, now and henceforth, is The Big D.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    FireCohen said:

I think it’s a very solid hire. Good coaches get fired all the time. You have to look at the context of every situation. He did very well as the OC at Vanderbilt and had their offense operating at the highest level in school history. At Penn State, Franklin did not give him the autonomy to run his own offense. He was running Franklin’s offense, while the program was still reeling from sanctions, and he had to work with Christian Hackenberg who is dumb as fuck (think Eason versus Colorado). I think Donovan’s last season at Penn State, they had another shit QB situation in which they burned Trace McSorley’s redshirt halfway through the season to replace another Freshman quarterback who was terrible. Franklin started to feel his seat getting warm after those first two seasons and needed a scapegoat to keep his job and Donovan had to be that guy even though it wasn’t deserved based on the circumstances he was working with.

People want to point to the offense improving under Moorehead as evidence of Donovan being the problem, but that’s not fair at all. First of all, Franklin gave up the reigns and Moorehead had the autonomy to run his own offense. Donovan didn’t. Second of all, McSorley and Barkley were ballers and got better as they got more experience and development because that’s what ballers do and that likely would have been the case under Donovan as well considering what he did at Vanderbilt. People pining for Moorehead to have been the choice are dumb as fuck. He rode Barkley and McSorley and leveraged the success he had with them to get the Mississippi State job. He was hired by Miss. State to run HIS offense and it was a total disaster without the dynamic duo he had at Penn State. Miss. State’s offense was one of the worst in the nation both years he was there and showed zero improvement from year 1 to year 2. Mind you, Moorehead didn’t inherit a dumpster fire. Dan Mullen left that program in a really good place and Moorehead quickly had them trending downward again. I did not want Moorehead and he wasn’t even a candidate for Jimmy so people should stop crying like bitches over it. Let Oregon have him. I don’t care.

It’s obvious Moore was the #1 target. The fact he had to stop and think about leaving the Dallas Cowboys OC job for UW should tell you this is a highly coveted OC job. Rhett Lashlee was further down the list, realized it wasn’t likely he’d get the job, so he did what was best for him and jumped on the Miami job before that job was given to someone else. I think Helfrich and Donovan were next on the list, both interviewed, and Jimmy liked the vision Donovan had more than Helfrich which is fine with me because Jimmy knows his shit and he knows what he wants. Helfrich is more spread. Donovan is more pro-style and Jimmy wants more pro-style. That means less pussy ass bubble screen bullshit and constant passes to underneath drag routes and more of a vertical passing game which is what we need because we have the talent to straight up beat people down the field with both our receivers and TEs. No more, trying to fool people or being conservative. We’re gonna take it to teams and put the pressure on them to try to stop our superior athletes.

For the first time in a while, this offense is going to have an unmistakable IDENTITY and it’s going to be physical and aggressive and I love it and I’m really excited to see what it looks like with our players. Jimmy and I think the same way. I’ve aleady heard him say twice he loves “big, bruising running backs that can wear down defenses in the 4th quarter”. That had me swooning. Now it’s obvious we will still be TEU which I love as well. Donovan has way more talent to work with as an OC than he has ever had before. There may be some growing pains his first season here with another new QB and new system with a lot of young receivers and TE’s getting their first significant playing time, but I think year 2 and beyond, this guy will get the job done. Fucking Bow Down and Go Dawgs!

-Ballz

@creepycoug

JFC. Is this guy on another forum now? If so, where?
  • Options
    edited January 2020

FireCohen said:

I think it’s a very solid hire. Good coaches get fired all the time. You have to look at the context of every situation. He did very well as the OC at Vanderbilt and had their offense operating at the highest level in school history. At Penn State, Franklin did not give him the autonomy to run his own offense. He was running Franklin’s offense, while the program was still reeling from sanctions, and he had to work with Christian Hackenberg who is dumb as fuck (think Eason versus Colorado). I think Donovan’s last season at Penn State, they had another shit QB situation in which they burned Trace McSorley’s redshirt halfway through the season to replace another Freshman quarterback who was terrible. Franklin started to feel his seat getting warm after those first two seasons and needed a scapegoat to keep his job and Donovan had to be that guy even though it wasn’t deserved based on the circumstances he was working with.

People want to point to the offense improving under Moorehead as evidence of Donovan being the problem, but that’s not fair at all. First of all, Franklin gave up the reigns and Moorehead had the autonomy to run his own offense. Donovan didn’t. Second of all, McSorley and Barkley were ballers and got better as they got more experience and development because that’s what ballers do and that likely would have been the case under Donovan as well considering what he did at Vanderbilt. People pining for Moorehead to have been the choice are dumb as fuck. He rode Barkley and McSorley and leveraged the success he had with them to get the Mississippi State job. He was hired by Miss. State to run HIS offense and it was a total disaster without the dynamic duo he had at Penn State. Miss. State’s offense was one of the worst in the nation both years he was there and showed zero improvement from year 1 to year 2. Mind you, Moorehead didn’t inherit a dumpster fire. Dan Mullen left that program in a really good place and Moorehead quickly had them trending downward again. I did not want Moorehead and he wasn’t even a candidate for Jimmy so people should stop crying like bitches over it. Let Oregon have him. I don’t care.

It’s obvious Moore was the #1 target. The fact he had to stop and think about leaving the Dallas Cowboys OC job for UW should tell you this is a highly coveted OC job. Rhett Lashlee was further down the list, realized it wasn’t likely he’d get the job, so he did what was best for him and jumped on the Miami job before that job was given to someone else. I think Helfrich and Donovan were next on the list, both interviewed, and Jimmy liked the vision Donovan had more than Helfrich which is fine with me because Jimmy knows his shit and he knows what he wants. Helfrich is more spread. Donovan is more pro-style and Jimmy wants more pro-style. That means less pussy ass bubble screen bullshit and constant passes to underneath drag routes and more of a vertical passing game which is what we need because we have the talent to straight up beat people down the field with both our receivers and TEs. No more, trying to fool people or being conservative. We’re gonna take it to teams and put the pressure on them to try to stop our superior athletes.

For the first time in a while, this offense is going to have an unmistakable IDENTITY and it’s going to be physical and aggressive and I love it and I’m really excited to see what it looks like with our players. Jimmy and I think the same way. I’ve aleady heard him say twice he loves “big, bruising running backs that can wear down defenses in the 4th quarter”. That had me swooning. Now it’s obvious we will still be TEU which I love as well. Donovan has way more talent to work with as an OC than he has ever had before. There may be some growing pains his first season here with another new QB and new system with a lot of young receivers and TE’s getting their first significant playing time, but I think year 2 and beyond, this guy will get the job done. Fucking Bow Down and Go Dawgs!

-Ballz

@creepycoug

BD2W
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

FireCohen said:

-Ballz

@creepycoug

You miss your nega?
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,606
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    FireCohen said:

-Ballz

@creepycoug

Beautiful
  • Options
    dooginthehalldooginthehall Member Posts: 182
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

Ngicabanga ukuthi kungukuqashwa okuqinile impela. Abaqeqeshi abahle baxoshwa ngaso sonke isikhathi. Kufanele ubheke umongo wazo zonke izimo. Wenze kahle kakhulu njenge-OC eVanderbilt futhi icala labo lasebenza ezingeni eliphezulu kakhulu emlandweni wesikole. EPenn State, uFranklin akazange amnikeze inkululeko yokuzilawula ngokwakhe. Ubephatha icala likaFranklin, ngenkathi uhlelo lusalokhu luvela ekujezisweni, futhi kuye kwadingeka ukuthi asebenze noChristian Hackenberg osisimungulu (cabanga u-Eason dhidi weColorado). Ngicabanga ukuthi ngesizini eledlule kaDonovan ePenn State, baba nesinye isimo se-ShB esishisa lapho batshisa isikhafu sikaTrace McSorley phakathi nesizini ukuze bathathe enye indawo ebisanda kusha kaRomman UFranklin waqala ukuzwa isihlalo sakhe sifudumala ngemuva kwalezi zinkathi zokuqala ezimbili futhi wayedinga umhlaseli ukugcina umsebenzi wakhe futhi uDonovan kwakumelwe abe yilowo mfo yize kwakungafanele ngenxa yezimo ayesebenza nazo.

Abantu bafuna ukukhomba ekuthuthukisweni kwecala ngaphansi kukaMoorehead njengobufakazi bokuthi uDonovan uyinkinga, kepha lokho akulungile. Okokuqala, uFranklin wayeka ukubusa futhi uMoorehead waba nokuzimela kokulisebenzisa ngokwakhe icala. UDonovan akazange. Okwesibili kwakho konke, uMcSorley noBarkley babeyizihlabeleli futhi baba ngcono njengoba bethola ulwazi olwengeziwe nentuthuko ngoba yilokho okwenziwa ngabakhweli futhi okungenzeka ukuthi kwakuyikho ngaphansi kukaDonovan futhi ecubungula akwenze eVanderbilt. Abantu abancengela iMoorehead ukuthi kube ukukhetha bayizimungulu njenge-fuck. Wagibela uBarkley kanye noMcSorley futhi wahlomula ngempumelelo abe nayo ekutholeni umsebenzi waseMississippi State. Waqashwa nguMiss. State ukuba enze isenzo SAKHE futhi kwaba yinhlekelele ephelele ngaphandle kwe-duo enamandla ayenayo ePenn State. Icala likaMiss. Icala likahulumeni lingelinye ebelibi kakhulu esizweni eminyakeni emibili edlule lapho futhi lakhombisa ukuthuthuka okungatheni kusuka onyakeni woku-1 kuya kunyaka we-2. Yazi wena, Moorehead awuzange udle ifa lomlilo we-dumpster. UDan Mullen walushiya lolu hlelo endaweni enhle impela futhi uMoorehead washeshe wabenza babheke phansi futhi. Bengingafuni ukuthi uMoorehead futhi akayona-ke ukhetho kuJimmy ngakho-ke abantu kufanele bayeke ukukhala njengama-bitches. Vumela u-Oregon abe naye. Anginendaba.

Kusobala ukuthi i-Moore kwakuyitshe # 1. Iqiniso kwadingeka ukuthi ame futhi acabange ukushiya umsebenzi we-Dallas Cowboys OC kwe-UW kufanele likutshele lomsebenzi ongaxanelwe kakhulu we-OC. URhett Lashlee wayephansi ohlwini, wabona ukuthi kungenzeka ukuthi angawutholi lo msebenzi, ngakho-ke wenza okungcono kakhulu kuye wagxumela emsebenzini weMiami ngaphambi kokuba lowo msebenzi unikezwe omunye umuntu. Ngicabanga ukuthi uHelfrich noDonovan babelandela kulolo hlu, bobabili ababexoxisana nabo, futhi uJimmy wathandana nombono uDonovan wayenokungaphezu kukaHelfrich okungilungele kimi ngoba uJimmy uyakwazi ukushiswa kwakhe futhi uyakwazi akufunayo. IHelfrich isatshalaliswa ngokwengeziwe. UDonovan uyisitayela sokuqala futhi uJimmy ufuna isitayela esengeziwe. Lokho kusho ukuthi i-pussy ass bubble isikrini eshaye kancane futhi idlule njalo iye ngaphansi kwezindlela zokuhudula nangaphezulu komdlalo wokudonsela omile okuyiwona esikudingayo ngoba sinethalente lokuqondisa ukushaya abantu phansi enkundleni nabatholi bethu nama-TE. Akusekho lutho, ukuzama ukukhohlisa abantu noma ukubabamba. Sizokuyisa emaqenjini futhi sibeke ingcindezi kubo yokuzama ukumisa abasubathi bethu abaphambili.

Ngokokuqala ngqa isikhashana, leli cala lizoba ne-IDENTITY engashayi eceleni futhi lizoba ngokomzimba futhi libe nobudlova futhi ngiyalithanda futhi ngijabule kakhulu ukubona ukuthi libukeka kanjani ngabadlali bethu. Mina noJimmy sicabanga ngendlela efanayo. U-aleady ngimuzwe ekhuluma kabili ukuthi uthanda kakhulu, "ukulimala izicubu ezingemuva ezingadambisa izivikelo kukota yesine". Lokho kwangenza ngaphupha. Manje kusobala ukuthi sisazokuba yi-TEU engiyithandayo futhi. UDonovan unethalente elingaphezulu kokusebenza ne-OC kunangaphambili. Kungenzeka kube nezinhlungu ezikhulayo isizini yakhe yokuqala lapha enye i-QB entsha nohlelo olusha oluningi olutholwayo futhi i-TE ithola isikhathi sayo sokuqala sokudlala, kepha ngicabanga ukuthi ngonyaka we-2 nangaphezulu, lo mfowethu uzowenza lo msebenzi. I-Fucking Bow Down futhi Go Dawgs!

-Ballz
  • Options
    rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,031
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

This guy has been fired from three NFL teams after one season as OC

Three

and he's only 41 fucking years old.

been an OC thrice, fired thrice, and still isnt even close to collecting social security.

amazing.