Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

John Donovan named OC

Comments

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Baseman said:

You guys are all wrong. Look at the numbers Donovan is a plug and play for the offense. UW won't miss a beat
    Also he’s got a tough attitude having grown up in Jersey
  • Options
    BroadcastingDawgBroadcastingDawg Member Posts: 1,246
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited January 2020
    One thing I do know is Hamden was terrible at assessing talent.

You don't think he had a hand in starting Fuller and Opera over wideouts with talent?

Just playing guys like Puka, Spiker and McMillan should be an instant boost in the O.

If I'm an O-coordinator who wants be pro-style run first, I'm copying the SF offense. Run guys in motion and throw/run to the vacant area. I'd do that all day.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

You don't think he had a hand in starting Fuller and Opera over wideouts with talent?

Just playing guys like Puka, Spiker and McMillan should be an instant boost in the O.

If I'm an O-coordinator who wants be pro-style run first, I'm copying the SF offense. Run guys in motion and throw/run to the vacant area. I'd do that all day.

I don’t think Pete allowed them to play because they did not show it in practice
  • Options
    BroadcastingDawgBroadcastingDawg Member Posts: 1,246
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    FireCohen said:

I don’t think Pete allowed them to play because they did not show it in practice
    That always made me laugh.

I just wanted to ask him when he'd say that shit, but are they showing it in games?
  • Options
    HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,954
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes

I would give anything to have a mobile QB and run a lot of RPO’s. Passing plays with where if the QB’s one and two aren’t open he takes off and has a safe check down. A mobile QB that can throw is nearly impossible to stop. Not many of them out there tho. I was hoping Yankoff could have been that guy.

Yeah, but it’s also a good way to murder your QB. You have a couple of high ceiling QBs in the pipeline...running a RPO system should work well if you have a great OC.

Unfortunately on that front...
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,613
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    edited January 2020
    I wonder if Donovan now regrets leaving Jacksonville? Oh, wait. He wouldn't have even sniffed an interview for this job.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28475805/jaguars-oc-john-defilippo-mutually-part-ways-1-season

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- The Jaguars and offensive coordinator John DeFilippo have mutually agreed to part ways after just one season, the team announced Monday.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

I wonder if Donovan now regrets leaving Jacksonville? Oh, wait. He wouldn't have even sniffed an interview for this job.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28475805/jaguars-oc-john-defilippo-mutually-part-ways-1-season

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- The Jaguars and offensive coordinator John DeFilippo have mutually agreed to part ways after just one season, the team announced Monday.

Seattle should hire him.

They won’t.
  • Options
    dooginthehalldooginthehall Member Posts: 182
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

TheHB said:

I’m calming down a tiny bit because this guy wasn’t horrible at Vanderbilt. It’s still a F hire. No reason for it.

Jimmy wants to X’s and O’s it up and play like a NFL team. A dated NFL team at that.

I’m doused in gasoline but holding off on lighting the match. My Pollyanna approach is merely based on the fact that it seems as though Ray Donovan is no one to be messed with. It’s the other Donovans — especially Mick — who always fuck things up. So long as Bunchy and his fucktarded ways and Terry with his Parkinson’s shakes stay away, the offense will have a chance.

Ray Ray is an old school run first kind of guy, who likes tight ends (who doesn’t?) and QBs who are tuff. So yeah, LIPO, then I’ll light the match after Michigan beats us 34-6.
    Welcome home

Kotter
    Koetter