Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Winning! Report-Head of Iran Quds force killed.

1235»

Comments

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,660 Founders Club
    dhdawg said:

I think basing policy on twitter mentions is a good idea

you've never heard of him either.

consent has been manufactured
    By who? The same folks you've been praising for three years for getting after Trump

Logically speaking whether I have heard of someone has nothing to do with who they are or how they act or what they did.

Qasem Soleimani (Persian: قاسم سلیمانی‎, pronounced [ɢɒːseme solejmɒːniː]; 11 March 1957 – 3 January 2020) was an Iranian major general in the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) and from 1998 until his death, commander of its Quds Force, a division primarily responsible for extraterritorial military and clandestine operations.

Soleimani began his military career in the beginning of the Iran–Iraq War of the 1980s, during which he eventually commanded the 41st Division. He was later involved in extraterritorial operations, providing military assistance to anti-Saddam Hussein Shia and Kurdish groups in Iraq, and later Hezbollah in Lebanon and Hamas in the Palestinian territories. In 2012, Soleimani helped bolster the Syrian government, a key Iranian ally, during the Syrian Civil War, particularly in its operations against ISIS and its offshoots. Soleimani also assisted in the command of combined Iraqi government and Shia militia forces that advanced against the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) in 2014–2015.

Soleimani was killed in a targeted U.S. airstrike on 3 January 2020 in Baghdad, Iraq. Also killed were Popular Mobilization Forces members. Soleimani was posthumously promoted to lieutenant general. Soleimani was suceeded by Esmail Ghaani as commander of the Quds Force.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qasem_Soleimani
  • Dude61Dude61 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,248 Swaye's Wigwam
    Anyone casually following Middle East politics have known of Soleimani since 2011.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,228 Standard Supporter
    The guy that trained the baddies to build shaped charge IED's and gave them the materials. We lost lots of people to that with many more maimed.

Dead is really to good for him.
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,443 Swaye's Wigwam
  • RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,678 Founders Club
    Sledog said:

Nice to see the good guys are leaking too
  • RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,678 Founders Club

Imagine thinking War is good.

War ain't good.

Rolling over and taking it in the ass ain't good either.

Mutually exclusive concepts.

Huh maybe i need to change my technique?