Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Winning! Report-Head of Iran Quds force killed.

Comments

• Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,005
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Seems a lot of Iranians are celebrating the death of this turd.

is this what your hearing?
    I understand you're in mourning. Drink some fag tea and fret quietly. Men are doing manly stuff on your behalf.
    I am in LIPO mode. I have no problem with that dude getting smoked in principle, I just want fewer American soldiers to die. You can fuck off and die though.
    Hopefully it'll prevent them from pulling these stunts in the future. No one wants our soldiers liked or injured.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,005
    edited January 2020
    Dude61 said:

The General didn't show up at Baghdad International to drink some tea and smoke the hookah.

Nice of him to deliver himself.
  • Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,300
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

@WilburHooksHands is very manly

I'll vouch for him

So you're saying not all libs are pajama boy pussies?
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

I'll vouch for him

Why do you hate TUFF liberal loggers who will smash your face in?
  • Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,300
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

I'll vouch for him

Why do you hate TUFF liberal loggers who will smash your face in?
    I dont know any of those
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    This isn’t about whether he’s a piece of shit. Fuck, I’m glad he’s dead. Gadaffi and Sadaam and lots of other dead people were prices of shit too. Fuck em all.

BUT...

How’s that gone for us the last 20 years? Are we willing to raze Iran next?
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,239
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    Swaye said:

This isn’t about whether he’s a piece of shit. Fuck, I’m glad he’s dead. Gadaffi and Sadaam and lots of other dead people were prices of shit too. Fuck em all.

BUT...

I am not for starting another war. I fucking hate war, because I've done it. But, Iran is the worst perpetrator of regional instability and financed terrorism in the world and it isn't close. And that isn't bullshit Iraq WMD talk. Everyone knows what Iran is all about and the intel on them is overwhelming, and bipartisan. There is no doubt.

So while I do NOT want another war over there, I have no idea how to continue to contain their radical ideology and stop them from exporting terror to NYC without breaking some eggs. I just don't believe if we left the region they would forget about us. They would have proxy governments in half the region and be attacking Israel and the US with terror within a decade. Probably less. So I don't know what to do because many mistakes have been made by many administrations to get us here - in the mid-90's I was doing Straights of Hormuz transits on US carriers at General Quarters because we were afraid of Iran silkworming our asses in the narrow transit. 25 fucking years ago. Much like North Korea this is decades of mismanaging the problem coming home to roost.

TL;DR: I don't know if there is a solution that will work other than turning it into a parking lot?
    We're in a war footing, but IMHO, for now this is tantamount to a tenuous LIPO mode. The reality is that we are dealing with some very bad actors, the world's largest state sponsor of terrorism whose rallying cry is "Marg bar Āmrikā". What plausible options do you have when dealing with that? Unfortunately Obama legitimized, emboldened and financed them, which led them to dangerously underestimate Trump's response to their aggression. Pompeo has publicly stated that we support de-escalation of this situation. Hopefully they'll be smart enough to realize that this is an olive branch of sorts, that they're in a no win situation, and that de-escalation is in their best interest.
  • Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,276
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I have no problem with this move as part of a larger strategy. I doubt the existence of any such strategy, but I’d be happy to be surprised.
  • Options
    The Iraqi President condemned the attack, but sure, run with the we are being greeted as liberators narrative.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,476
    Swaye's Wigwam

I'll vouch for him

#PowerBottom
    H-TOWN TUFF
  • Options
    Swaye said:

BUT...

I am not for starting another war. I fucking hate war, because I've done it. But, Iran is the worst perpetrator of regional instability and financed terrorism in the world and it isn't close. And that isn't bullshit Iraq WMD talk. Everyone knows what Iran is all about and the intel on them is overwhelming, and bipartisan. There is no doubt.

So while I do NOT want another war over there, I have no idea how to continue to contain their radical ideology and stop them from exporting terror to NYC without breaking some eggs. I just don't believe if we left the region they would forget about us. They would have proxy governments in half the region and be attacking Israel and the US with terror within a decade. Probably less. So I don't know what to do because many mistakes have been made by many administrations to get us here - in the mid-90's I was doing Straights of Hormuz transits on US carriers at General Quarters because we were afraid of Iran silkworming our asses in the narrow transit. 25 fucking years ago. Much like North Korea this is decades of mismanaging the problem coming home to roost.

TL;DR: I don't know if there is a solution that will work other than turning it into a parking lot?
    Agree. And I don’t trust cadet bone spurs to lead us to an improved situation in the region.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457

Swaye said:

BUT...

Agree. And I don’t trust cadet bone spurs to lead us to an improved situation in the region.
    Last year, they were all in on "let the middle East all kill themselves". Now they want to go win a war. Lol
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,554
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I just can't wait to hear what all of our great democratic presidential hopefuls have to say to make Americans feel safe after they voice their strategy on the Middle East.

My idea would be get us the hell out of there, give Israel all the weapons they need to stop from getting annihilated, and when it is over relocate all cats to the giant litter box.