Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

PM to all you Jack Doogs

Comments

• MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781

A lot of Husky fans were born into it or picked it up as kids long before a college choice. That's what drives Cuog crazy. No kid grows up a Cuog fan. First you have to be rejected by UW and attend WSU

I'm a jack Husky who did drive by at UW and helped Charles Jackson and Wayne Moses stay eligible.

College football we can all agree is way more fun than the NFL. So if you grow up in Washington and have half a brain you're going to be a Dawg fan even if you don't graduate from UW. I was a close to going to the University of Montana but still would have been a rabid Husky fan cause of my old man.
    *remora. Hi Harv!
  • SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004

A lot of Husky fans were born into it or picked it up as kids long before a college choice. That's what drives Cuog crazy. No kid grows up a Cuog fan. First you have to be rejected by UW and attend WSU

I'm a jack Husky who did drive by at UW and helped Charles Jackson and Wayne Moses stay eligible.

College football we can all agree is way more fun than the NFL. So if you grow up in Washington and have half a brain you're going to be a Dawg fan even if you don't graduate from UW. I was a close to going to the University of Montana but still would have been a rabid Husky fan cause of my old man.
    *remora. Hi Harv!
    Yellasnow is correct.

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,551 Founders Club

You left out part of the story. Didn't you once say that Wayne Moses threatened you or something like that?
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,702 Founders Club

You left out part of the story. Didn't you once say that Wayne Moses threatened you or something like that?
    Nope. Wouldn't hurt a fly
  • DoogWhispererDoogWhisperer Member Posts: 1,024
    FireCohen said:

I went to the school and still an embarrassment to the program what percentage does that make up?

Up there with Bundy.
    dnc said:

FireCohen said:

I went to the school and still an embarrassment to the program what percentage does that make up?

Up there with Bundy.
    FOH

@BundyDawg was a winner.

Dude loved every fucking minute of the Rose Bowel.

🐐 IMO
    FINISH
  • Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,171

Mad_Son said:

We? have an entirely different set of problems down in Miami; and even though Miami is statistically harder to get into than UW, that's not the real problem.

Michigan has been an elite university for a longer period of time than Washington, and is still markedly more difficult to get into. And they fill that mother fucking stadium up every Saturday, rain

What else is there to do in Ann Arbor aside from rocking khaki pants?
    Sure.gif.

But both Ann Arbor and Madison are surprisingly good small cities with plenty to do. They are islands in a sea of shit.

There's a plenty to do if you don't care about football. Not as much as in Miami or So Cal, but it's still there if you don't want to watch sports.

The point is that Michigan is a school with a strong sports culture that values football. The fact that it's an elite university has done little to change that.

Wisconsin is the only show in the state. Everyone can really behind the badgers and it is non-controversial. There is no balkanization that makes people choose sides or just become disenfranchised.

There is a superior average fan culture here. For an intense fan who just cares about what happens on the field then Husky stadium is (was? I haven't been to a home game since like 2015 Apple cup or similar) better. For someone who just wants to have a fun experience on a Saturday then Wisconsin beats Washington every time. The campus parking lots and surrounding neighborhoods become one massive party. It is incredibly fun. Folks trickle into the game late but the in-stadium experience is more entertaining to people who only casually care about football. There are plenty of things to do in Madison on a Saturday but 6 days a year gameday is the best activity in town.
    Wisconsin was founded by mein tuff bier swilling and sausage loving Germans which is more conducive to game day atmosphere. They sell bier at the Wisco HUB on the lake for crying out loud.

We? were founded by a bunch of uptight, tee totaling Swedes and Norskies who wanted a booze free campus. Lame.
    This is where I met my wife and @MadHusky (separate occasions, both unplanned).
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,050 Founders Club

I have a friend that went to Wazzu that fits your description perfectly. I always ask him if it’s annoying to pretend like you’re a huge Cuog fan and hate UW.!
    I always wondered what I would do as a parent if one of my kid had to got to CUOG instead of UW due to lack of grades and/or mediocre test scores. Could they just go for the degree but remain a DWAG at heat? Like a young version of Dick Baird?
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

I have a friend that went to Wazzu that fits your description perfectly. I always ask him if it’s annoying to pretend like you’re a huge Cuog fan and hate UW.!
    I always wondered what I would do as a parent if one of my kid had to got to CUOG instead of UW due to lack of grades and/or mediocre test scores. Could they just go for the degree but remain a DWAG at heat? Like a young version of Dick Baird?
    Axe @billyjoecamaro

The kid next door to us growing up was older than us kids so we kind of looked up to him. Then he went to WSU. I was young but my dads had already firmly indoctrinated me. I remember thinking - wow I didn't think he was such a loser. No more looking up to him

My sister had a crush on Bill Moos. At least Bill made something out of himself

• creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 23,005

Mad_Son said:

We? have an entirely different set of problems down in Miami; and even though Miami is statistically harder to get into than UW, that's not the real problem.

Michigan has been an elite university for a longer period of time than Washington, and is still markedly more difficult to get into. And they fill that mother fucking stadium up every Saturday, rain

What else is there to do in Ann Arbor aside from rocking khaki pants?
    Sure.gif.

But both Ann Arbor and Madison are surprisingly good small cities with plenty to do. They are islands in a sea of shit.

There's a plenty to do if you don't care about football. Not as much as in Miami or So Cal, but it's still there if you don't want to watch sports.

The point is that Michigan is a school with a strong sports culture that values football. The fact that it's an elite university has done little to change that.

Wisconsin is the only show in the state. Everyone can really behind the badgers and it is non-controversial. There is no balkanization that makes people choose sides or just become disenfranchised.

There is a superior average fan culture here. For an intense fan who just cares about what happens on the field then Husky stadium is (was? I haven't been to a home game since like 2015 Apple cup or similar) better. For someone who just wants to have a fun experience on a Saturday then Wisconsin beats Washington every time. The campus parking lots and surrounding neighborhoods become one massive party. It is incredibly fun. Folks trickle into the game late but the in-stadium experience is more entertaining to people who only casually care about football. There are plenty of things to do in Madison on a Saturday but 6 days a year gameday is the best activity in town.
    Wisconsin was founded by mein tuff bier swilling and sausage loving Germans which is more conducive to game day atmosphere. They sell bier at the Wisco HUB on the lake for crying out loud.

We? were founded by a bunch of uptight, tee totaling Swedes and Norskies who wanted a booze free campus. Lame.
    I've always detected a little @oregonblitzkrieg in you Yella.