Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

PM to all you Jack Doogs

Comments

• dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,828 Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

Our program would die without Jack Doogs. It would be basically Stanford where very few care.

I bet that is true for most schools.

We need Jack Doogs no doubt. But our alumni base cares a heck of a lot more than Stanford's.
    We need the @RaceBannon and the @MikeDamone, the @TTJ and the @Gladstone, the @BallzDeep and the @backthepack.

Together, we make a mighty faggot!
    Such bully, dnc.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 23,005
    We? have an entirely different set of problems down in Miami; and even though Miami is statistically harder to get into than UW, that's not the real problem.

Michigan has been an elite university for a longer period of time than Washington, and is still markedly more difficult to get into. And they fill that mother fucking stadium up every Saturday, rain
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,828 Swaye's Wigwam

We? have an entirely different set of problems down in Miami; and even though Miami is statistically harder to get into than UW, that's not the real problem.

Michigan has been an elite university for a longer period of time than Washington, and is still markedly more difficult to get into. And they fill that mother fucking stadium up every Saturday, rain

What else is there to do in Ann Arbor aside from rocking khaki pants?

Sure.gif.

But both Ann Arbor and Madison are surprisingly good small cities with plenty to do. They are islands in a sea of shit.

There's a plenty to do if you don't care about football. Not as much as in Miami or So Cal, but it's still there if you don't want to watch sports.

The point is that Michigan is a school with a strong sports culture that values football. The fact that it's an elite university has done little to change that.

Sure.gif.

But both Ann Arbor and Madison are surprisingly good small cities with plenty to do. They are islands in a sea of shit.

There's a plenty to do if you don't care about football. Not as much as in Miami or So Cal, but it's still there if you don't want to watch sports.

The point is that Michigan is a school with a strong sports culture that values football. The fact that it's an elite university has done little to change that.
    Hum. The more I know.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,050 Founders Club

I wouldn't have guessed it, but you are right the Miamuh is statistically harder to get accepted to @creepycoug and they are even ranked higher the UW in USNWR. So why is their endowment then so pidally ass (it's smaller than CUOG ).
  • CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,413 Swaye's Wigwam
    Kind of a shame I like herby. But i couldn't care less. I don't follow husky sports for the administration or media to give me kudos I follow it because it's awesome
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,455 Swaye's Wigwam
    Would have been a jack doog and I guess was from 18-20 until I transferred in. Stupid take from Herb. When half your family went to the school I guess you still aren't a valid fan until you yourself do.

I wouldn't have guessed it, but you are right the Miamuh is statistically harder to get accepted to @creepycoug and they are even ranked higher the UW in USNWR. So why is their endowment then so pidally ass (it's smaller than CUOG ).
    Endowment is a funny thing. Some great schools have big endowments and some don't. Washington has a relatively low endowment relative to the size of operation and relative to its status in the research university category. Compare/contrast with Texas A&M, whose endowment is a multiple of Washington's.

OTOH, elite academis and high endowment resources do tend to correlate. I would say where you have average to low endowment and high academis you have a outlier. It happens, just not that often.

Miami just became popular for some reason, and it's in a high population state and kids OOS wanted to go to Souwf Beach. It all added up to a supply/demand dynamic that led to more selective admissions. But of course, Miami is not the research university that Washington is.

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,703 Founders Club
    Tadd Foote wanted the Harvard of South Florida

This is exactly what he feared. We think Miami is a football factory

Ha ha Todd

Tadd Foote wanted the Harvard of South Florida

This is exactly what he feared. We think Miami is a football factory

Ha ha Todd

Although b4 we? thought of it as a football factory we?, and everybody else, thought of it as "Sun Tan U" and the place Jewish parents sent their retarded kids who couldn't get into real universities in the northeast. Kind of like the east coast USC.

Foote was, by far, the biggest arrogant POS egghead administrator that ever walked the earth. Can you imagine being in a room with that dumb fuck arguing with Jimmy Mother Fucking Johnson? Lolz. Imagine how emasculating it was for Foote to have to watch Jimmy move on and rule the NFL. Those two men fucking HATED each other, as you can well imagine.

JJ was the best at what he did; Foote was just another wishful thinking academic egg head who nobody remembers.

• LebamDawgLebamDawg Member Posts: 8,669 Standard Supporter

Sure.gif.

I always thought they were the anuses (ani?) of each state. Lots to do in both those states as far away from those towns
    LebamDawg said:

Sure.gif.

I always thought they were the anuses (ani?) of each state. Lots to do in both those states as far away from those towns
    Huh? Ann Arbor and Madison? You are literally the first person I've ever heard make that observation. They're both fantastic college towns/cities. This isn't even close to being accurate.

Endowment is a funny thing. Some great schools have big endowments and some don't. Washington has a relatively low endowment relative to the size of operation and relative to its status in the research university category. Compare/contrast with Texas A&M, whose endowment is a multiple of Washington's.

OTOH, elite academis and high endowment resources do tend to correlate. I would say where you have average to low endowment and high academis you have a outlier. It happens, just not that often.

Miami just became popular for some reason, and it's in a high population state and kids OOS wanted to go to Souwf Beach. It all added up to a supply/demand dynamic that led to more selective admissions. But of course, Miami is not the research university that Washington is.

Chinned for proper spelling of *souwf. My work here is done.