Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Eason out

Comments

• Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

whuggy said:

whuggy said:

whuggy said:

In my doog heart I don't think this was the best decision for him. He will be 4th or 5th QB but he wouldn't have gone over Lawrence next year so who knows if it makes a difference.

Whatever. Expectation should still be to win the PAC. Get it done

Would probably go higher next year but now gets to go to a decent team. NFL players make their serious money second contract anyway. The high draft position is pretty overated.
    Why do you think he goes to a decent team? Good teams mostly aren’t interested in picking QB’s high. Bad ones trade up and down all the time in the draft.

The good and bad teams change yearly in the NFL after the Pats and Seahawks that the majority of the situations are similar.
    He'll go to a decent team lower in the first round that doesn't particularly need him right away.
    Or ever. Most teams like QBs who can read defenses and don’t throw pick sixes.
    He can learn to read.
    Bull fucking shit.
    Didn't realize you're getting paid to coach for a living. My mistake. Which team you work for again?
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited December 2019
    Doogles said:

Yeah Chandler started in a Super Bowl. But he was our QB as the first James dynasty crumbled

He was a 7 and 5 type guy. We couldn't wait for Millen to leave. Chandler threw a pretty ball

Brunell probably started more games than any of them

Brunell is easily the most successful of the bunch after Moon. Chandler was a better passer. So was Pelluer.

Hobert could have been the best of them all if he hadn't been so fucking stupid.
    Damon Huard had a late career resurgence and probably is number 3.

In keeping with the proud UW QB tradition, he won two super bowls holding a clipboard and was an integral part of the Patriots preparation for Peyton Manning in the AFC championship game.

That's pretty much all we got.
    Nah Huard isn’t above Chandler.

Husky NFL QB rankings:

1. Moon
    2. Brunell
    3. Chandler
    4 is debatable, there’s not really anyone of any significance. Damon’s two rings get him the nod, I guess.

After that you get a plethora of non descriptive clipboard holders as noted with a couple draft busts thrown in there: Locker, Hobert, Tui, Brock, Conklin (another keyboard ring), Millen, Pelluer. Add a couple position switch @BleachedAnusDawg picks like Bjornsen (surprisingly decent career) and Stanback and that is basically the list.

How did Sixkiller never get a shot? Swayecism?
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,430
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

Doogles said:

Yeah Chandler started in a Super Bowl. But he was our QB as the first James dynasty crumbled

He was a 7 and 5 type guy. We couldn't wait for Millen to leave. Chandler threw a pretty ball

Brunell is easily the most successful of the bunch after Moon. Chandler was a better passer. So was Pelluer.

Hobert could have been the best of them all if he hadn't been so fucking stupid.

In keeping with the proud UW QB tradition, he won two super bowls holding a clipboard and was an integral part of the Patriots preparation for Peyton Manning in the AFC championship game.

Husky NFL QB rankings:

1. Moon
    2. Brunell
    3. Chandler
    4 is debatable, there’s not really anyone of any significance. Damon’s two rings get him the nod, I guess.

After that you get a plethora of non descriptive clipboard holders as noted with a couple draft busts thrown in there: Locker, Hobert, Tui, Brock, Conklin (another keyboard ring), Millen, Pelluer. Add a couple position switch @BleachedAnusDawg picks like Bjornsen (surprisingly decent career) and Stanback and that is basically the list.

In1972 an under 6 foot qb had no shot with the NFL

Fouts however went on to the HOF from the same class
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,601
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    whuggy said:

whuggy said:

whuggy said:

whuggy said:

In my doog heart I don't think this was the best decision for him. He will be 4th or 5th QB but he wouldn't have gone over Lawrence next year so who knows if it makes a difference.

Would probably go higher next year but now gets to go to a decent team. NFL players make their serious money second contract anyway. The high draft position is pretty overated.
    Why do you think he goes to a decent team? Good teams mostly aren’t interested in picking QB’s high. Bad ones trade up and down all the time in the draft.

The good and bad teams change yearly in the NFL after the Pats and Seahawks that the majority of the situations are similar.
    He'll go to a decent team lower in the first round that doesn't particularly need him right away.
    Or ever. Most teams like QBs who can read defenses and don’t throw pick sixes.
    He can learn to read.
    Bull fucking shit.
    Didn't realize you're getting paid to coach for a living. My mistake. Which team you work for again?
    Your moms
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Mad_Son said:

Postal91 said:

And it just hit me.... we will be giving a QB their 1st start in our 1st game against Michigan next year. FFFFFFFFFFFFFuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhk.

If Sirmon starts he will be playing in his 6th career game... getting his 4th career pass attempt.

That’s better than zero
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam

Imagine caring about NFL success for former players. I’ll root for them, but if we’re being honest, no amount of Super Bowl rings or Pro Bowls impact their career as a Husky.

Thomas gets it.
  • Options
    azumahazumah Member Posts: 21
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    dnc said:

Doogles said:

Husky NFL QB rankings:

1. Moon
    2. Brunell
    3. Chandler

Why do people always leave out Tom Flick?
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,802
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Postal91 said:

And it just hit me.... we will be giving a QB their 1st start in our 1st game against Michigan next year. FFFFFFFFFFFFFuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhk.

We better be out recruiting a 5th year grad transfer QB ASAP
  • Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    So disappointing
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    If u didnt c it, c it. And to Easons Dad...pound that up your ass. Im sure you witnessed it on tv so prolly not as painful. Btw, my buddy fucked your wife and came in her ass. Waiting for a perfect opportunity to tell you. Go Bulldawgs
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,095
    Founders Club

whuggy said:

Bucky Brooks thinks the Chargers would be very interested in Skinny
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,526
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

If u didnt c it, c it. And to Easons Dad...pound that up your ass. Im sure you witnessed it on tv so prolly not as painful. Btw, my buddy fucked your wife and came in her ass. Waiting for a perfect opportunity to tell you. Go Bulldawgs

Where for art thou, Pumpeii?
  • Options
    CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

CaptainPJ said:

Imagine caring about NFL success for former players. I’ll root for them, but if we’re being honest, no amount of Super Bowl rings or Pro Bowls impact their career as a Husky.

Tell the Cuog that - you would think Minshew was still in College
    Rypien won a super bowl!!!!!!!

Bledsoe got replaced by Brady!!!!!!!
    UVA!!
    Golden State!!l

3 more Championships for the Cuog!
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Lotta UGA people saying it’s another one of theirs off to the NFL.

Eason would be fortunate to put up Stafford's empty numbers to rep Georgia in the NFL

Probably his comp
    I could see him getting good enough to have a couple good seasons and win a couple playoff games. He’s never going to be consistently great. Stafford, Flacco, Josh Allen, Cutler. He will be like those guys or worse.