Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Eason out

1235»

Comments

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    whuggy said:

whuggy said:

In my doog heart I don't think this was the best decision for him. He will be 4th or 5th QB but he wouldn't have gone over Lawrence next year so who knows if it makes a difference.

Whatever. Expectation should still be to win the PAC. Get it done

Would probably go higher next year but now gets to go to a decent team. NFL players make their serious money second contract anyway. The high draft position is pretty overated.
    Why do you think he goes to a decent team? Good teams mostly aren’t interested in picking QB’s high. Bad ones trade up and down all the time in the draft.

The good and bad teams change yearly in the NFL after the Pats and Seahawks that the majority of the situations are similar.
    He'll go to a decent team lower in the first round that doesn't particularly need him right away.
    As someone said, this is lazy thinking. Trades, he goes 2nd round, etc. He’s still more likely to go to an average or bad team.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2019

Imagine caring about NFL success for former players. I’ll root for them, but if we’re being honest, no amount of Super Bowl rings or Pro Bowls impact their career as a Husky.

This. I don’t recognize Littleton as a Husky great and he’s a Pro Bowl caliber LB. He was a decent player that had a good senior season. He went I drafted because he didn’t do all that much at UW.

I would rank Azeem and BBK as better and neither will probably ever do that much at the pro level. Azeem has almost no chance of that happening.
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Lasting legacy will be the two chokes vs Oregon and Stanford

And of course the Super Bowl win vs EWU

Really thought he would benefit from another year. Oh well, bring on Morris

He didn't play inside linebacker, so I'm not sure you can lay the second game on him. As Race is fond of poonting out, when team runs down your throat in the 4th quarter for the game - winning drive, it's the football equivalent of letting a guy come and slap his dick on your face.
    I wouldn’t lay any loss on him except probably Utah. You can’t throw pick 6’s, fumble, and throw a pick in the red zone against a good team.

He wasn’t great tho. Whether it was a result of the shifty offense or him being overrated doesn’t matter. He was ultimately no better than Browning and worse considering Browning won. Browning was also a better leader and demanded more from his teammates. Browning was a GOOD QB.
    Ty vs Sark POTY.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,985
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

Lotta UGA people saying it’s another one of theirs off to the NFL.

Eason would be fortunate to put up Stafford's empty numbers to rep Georgia in the NFL

Probably his comp
    I could see him getting good enough to have a couple good seasons and win a couple playoff games. He’s never going to be consistently great. Stafford, Flacco, Josh Allen, Cutler. He will be like those guys or worse.
    If he is like cutler Stafford or flacco that is a huge success. Those guys all fluctuated from the middle to upper half of QBs in the league during their prime and got massive contracts. He has the talent but a ton to work on (feet, progressions and eye manipulation). What gives him hope is i think he is more Talented throwing the ball than Allen and they were similar In all those other problem areas at this point. For his sake hopefully he goes somewhere to sit and work on that stuff.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Lotta UGA people saying it’s another one of theirs off to the NFL.

Eason would be fortunate to put up Stafford's empty numbers to rep Georgia in the NFL

Probably his comp
    I could see him getting good enough to have a couple good seasons and win a couple playoff games. He’s never going to be consistently great. Stafford, Flacco, Josh Allen, Cutler. He will be like those guys or worse.
    If he is like cutler Stafford or flacco that is a huge success. Those guys all fluctuated from the middle to upper half of QBs in the league during their prime and got massive contracts. He has the talent but a ton to work on (feet, progressions and eye manipulation). What gives him hope is i think he is more Talented throwing the ball than Allen and they were similar In all those other problem areas at this point. For his sake hopefully he goes somewhere to sit and work on that stuff.
    He can make the throws so if he has a good OC that schemes guys open or WR’s he can trust, he will be decent.

Where he will always struggle, is against the pass rush and processing things quickly. Most coaches say that can’t be taught, and Eason definitely lacks it.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Depends what’s is your definition of success. Playing 10+ plus years in the league is pretty successful