Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Eason out

Comments

• Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Also, please to be remembering that I was right.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,526
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Damn. Here comes another 7-8 win year.

That's the floor with the kids on defense being a year further along and the rest of the younger, higher touted talent developing. If Jimmy gets the OC hire right and the offense becomes more 2 TE set, play action oriented there's no reason the team can't win 9 or more. One of the two QB's on the roster has to at least be competent by next fall. I hope.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    So when does Costello arrive via portal?
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

So when does Costello arrive via portal?

jimmy too pussy to pull the trigger
  • Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

whuggy said:

In my doog heart I don't think this was the best decision for him. He will be 4th or 5th QB but he wouldn't have gone over Lawrence next year so who knows if it makes a difference.

Whatever. Expectation should still be to win the PAC. Get it done

Would probably go higher next year but now gets to go to a decent team. NFL players make their serious money second contract anyway. The high draft position is pretty overated.
    Why do you think he goes to a decent team? Good teams mostly aren’t interested in picking QB’s high. Bad ones trade up and down all the time in the draft.

The good and bad teams change yearly in the NFL after the Pats and Seahawks that the majority of the situations are similar.
    He'll go to a decent team lower in the first round that doesn't particularly need him right away.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    whuggy said:

whuggy said:

In my doog heart I don't think this was the best decision for him. He will be 4th or 5th QB but he wouldn't have gone over Lawrence next year so who knows if it makes a difference.

Would probably go higher next year but now gets to go to a decent team. NFL players make their serious money second contract anyway. The high draft position is pretty overated.
    Why do you think he goes to a decent team? Good teams mostly aren’t interested in picking QB’s high. Bad ones trade up and down all the time in the draft.

The good and bad teams change yearly in the NFL after the Pats and Seahawks that the majority of the situations are similar.
    He'll go to a decent team lower in the first round that doesn't particularly need him right away.
    Or a shitty team that trades up when Seattle inevitably moves back in the draft.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited December 2019

Who’s penis are we going to post about now?

Center

edit: Because Grumble beat me (lulz) to it.
  • Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,183
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited December 2019
    whuggy said:

whuggy said:

For his sake, I hope so. At least he'll get some guaranteed money. But I don't see it. I am ambivalent about him leaving from our standpoint, but I think he would have benefitted from another year of actually playing.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,911
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    I will say, I'm excited by the prospect of having 3 guys audition for the new OC and him picking the guy who he thinks will best run his system. Sirmon, Morris, and Garbers will each get their turn on the black leather couch
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,516
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

I will say, I'm excited by the prospect of having 3 guys audition for the new OC and him picking the guy who he thinks will best run his system. Sirmon, Morris, and Garbers will each get their turn on the black leather couch

“Hey, whatsup guys it’s Chris”
  • Options
    DoogWhispererDoogWhisperer Member Posts: 1,017
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Postal91 said:

And it just hit me.... we will be giving a QB their 1st start in our 1st game against Michigan next year. FFFFFFFFFFFFFuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhk.

So are they and Patterson was the best QB they've had in years lol

Certainly won't be a high scoring affair.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,475
    Swaye's Wigwam

Yeah Chandler started in a Super Bowl. But he was our QB as the first James dynasty crumbled

He was a 7 and 5 type guy. We couldn't wait for Millen to leave. Chandler threw a pretty ball

Brunell probably started more games than any of them

Brunell is easily the most successful of the bunch after Moon. Chandler was a better passer. So was Pelluer.

Hobert could have been the best of them all if he hadn't been so fucking stupid.
    Damon Huard had a late career resurgence and probably is number 3.

In keeping with the proud UW QB tradition, he won two super bowls holding a clipboard and was an integral part of the Patriots preparation for Peyton Manning in the AFC championship game.

That's pretty much all we got.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    HHusky said:

whuggy said:

whuggy said:

For his sake, I hope so. At least he'll get some guaranteed money. But I don't see it. I am ambivalent about him leaving from our standpoint, but I think he would have benefitted from another year of actually playing.
    He's not even in a lot of first round mocks but guess that can all change at the combine. Perfect spot is of course with the Patriots, a cold weather city who know how to get the most out of a statue QB. Steelers another great spot.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    whuggy said:

whuggy said:

Or ever. Most teams like QBs who can read defenses and don’t throw pick sixes.
  • Options
    edited December 2019

whuggy said:

whuggy said:

He can learn to read. Also put him in a system that emphasizes quick throws with the occasional deep ball. It's where Hamdan and Pete fucked up this year. You see a guy with a big arm so you get lured into all the hero throws. This big arm bullshit just leads to problems against teams with better talent. Especially with our receivers who were rarely open.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,601
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    whuggy said:

whuggy said:

whuggy said:

He can learn to read.
    Bull fucking shit.