Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Eason couch sale imminent

1235»

Comments

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

I feel like Sonics is treated as some kind of oracle on here. Not sure it's deserved

Definitely not deserved. I just report what I hear and sometimes it’s wrong.
    so not batting 1.000 like our professional at doogman
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

I feel like Sonics is treated as some kind of oracle on here. Not sure it's deserved

This. It happens. There are certain things that even the coaches don’t know for certain. Not everything is going to be true. I appreciate your contributions and ability to not have a huge ego about it. Admitting you were wrong is no big deal. Others could learn from you.
    Yeah I thought Eason would come back based on the fact I was told that he would only go if he was a top five pick but then I got told on Christmas that he signed with a agent which is why I posted on the other site he was gone. I don’t know if I got bad intel or he had a change of mind but it just goes to show you it’s really hard to predict what goes on in a players head.
    His dad/agent probably got a call from another agent saying some team was interested in him and that was enough.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2019

This. It happens. There are certain things that even the coaches don’t know for certain. Not everything is going to be true. I appreciate your contributions and ability to not have a huge ego about it. Admitting you were wrong is no big deal. Others could learn from you.
    Yeah I thought Eason would come back based on the fact I was told that he would only go if he was a top five pick but then I got told on Christmas that he signed with a agent which is why I posted on the other site he was gone. I don’t know if I got bad intel or he had a change of mind but it just goes to show you it’s really hard to predict what goes on in a players head.
    It’s hard to tell people no or something they don’t want to hear. He could have decided awhile ago but told the coaches and others he was still uncertain or leaning towards coming back.

In recruiting a kid says one thing and then a week or two later, it’s different. We have never been able to handle the ups and downs of recruiting or whether a player is going pro.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,984
    Founders Club

It’s hard to tell people no or something they don’t want to hear. He could have decided awhile ago but told the coaches and others he was still uncertain or leaning towards coming back.

In recruiting a kid says one thing and then a week or two later, it’s different. We have never been able to handle the ups and downs of recruiting or whether a player is going pro.
    I'm already thinking of all the FREE PUB we'll? get when ESPN and the NFL Network show his highlights at the draft!
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,301
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

I heard from multiple @Sources he was coming back. Maybe he originally planned to but with all of the program changes decided it was better to go for even a lower draft spot than fuck around with a whole new offense and coaching uncertainty.
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Hopefully him and his family weren't being fed bad advice from the agent. I had hoped the coaching change would improve his chances of coming back but I can understand why it's also riskier.
  • Options
    CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    The fuck is Troy Franklin?
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    Swaye's Wigwam

Hopefully him and his family weren't being fed bad advice from the agent. I had hoped the coaching change would improve his chances of coming back but I can understand why it's also riskier.

I don’t think so. He has a chance to be the 2nd to probably 5th QB taken. Most likely 4th behind Burrows, Herbert, and Tua. He’s almost a guarantee to be picked in the first two rounds. It’s basically common knowledge.

It’s very unlikely he passes Lawrence next year and is probably in a similar situation. I can see why he went pro considering the OL will be mostly new next year. I don’t think they will be worse, but it’s a roll of the dice. I think he probably made the right decision.