Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Eason couch sale imminent

Comments

• Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,611
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    We could have lost 5 games with any QB on the roster. Great arm, but actually a little overrated as a pure passer. Not super accurate and surprisingly not that great with the deep ball.

Pretty good overall, I suppose UW can claim credit for whatever NFL success he gets, good for us.

Made some great throws but what did he miss because of his shortcomings in mobility, decision-making, and processing?

He's kind of like the negative image of Jake Locker, with even a less satisfying career.
  • Options
    WillyRBeekWillyRBeek Member Posts: 133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    dnc said:

It's pretty amazing how ambivalent I am to him leaving. He could get much better if he returned. Then again, he could have the same inconsistencies and poor field vision he had this year.

Either way, he'll be getting a 3* ranking from me in the Jesse Callier rankings

That's more or less the same boat that i'm in. I honestly think he needs another year with the Huskies more than the Huskies need another year with him. So long as they can reel in a competent OC, I think we'll be fine with Sirmon or Morris running the show next year.
    We need him a lot more than he needs us.

And don’t be shocked if Gerbers makes a run at the jerb.

Which raises a good question is he gonna be here for spring ball?
    Short term yes, seeing as they start off with Michigan next year right off the bat, but they'll be breaking in a new QB as well. Eason could greatly benefit from another year in college though, as he's not ready for the NFL level mentally, whereas the Huskies have some really promising looking guys waiting in the wings.

Gerbers will obviously be in the mix too, but if he can come in and beat out Sirmon and Morris right off the bat, that will either speak really poorly for them....Or really well for him I suppose. I haven't heard anything about him coming in for spring ball, but I think if he's going to have any chance of beating out the other 2, he needs to be there.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,637
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The problem with the offense isn’t who lines up at QB. It’s the scheme and lack of a TUFF identity based on running the ball at will. We are a faggy pass first team until we aren’t.

This doesn’t mean that the QB position gets better with Eason gone. There should be a drop off there unless Pete was a fucktard that can’t evaluate talent.
  • Options

dnc said:

It's pretty amazing how ambivalent I am to him leaving. He could get much better if he returned. Then again, he could have the same inconsistencies and poor field vision he had this year.

That's more or less the same boat that i'm in. I honestly think he needs another year with the Huskies more than the Huskies need another year with him. So long as they can reel in a competent OC, I think we'll be fine with Sirmon or Morris running the show next year.

Fuck I hope not. One that means a super shitty season. Two, the chincumbent true soph starter vs Huard civil war will tear this place and others apart. And everyone else transfers.

I hadn't really thought about the Huard factor, that's a good point. If anyone else besides Sirmon ends up with the job, that could create a huge problem down the road.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,637
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Imagine him in the 40s playing for Harvard or some shit with the same speed and size. He would have been a legend.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,999
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

We could have lost 5 games with any QB on the roster. Great arm, but actually a little overrated as a pure passer. Not super accurate and surprisingly not that great with the deep ball.

Pretty good overall, I suppose UW can claim credit for whatever NFL success he gets, good for us.

Made some great throws but what did he miss because of his shortcomings in mobility, decision-making, and processing?

He's kind of like the negative image of Jake Locker, with even a less satisfying career.

Eason is smarter than Locker for getting out a year earlier.

Locker was loyal to a fault, though. That dude put everything on the line for UW. He’s a doog legend but a legend nonetheless.

I think he’s overrated but I still love him and always will.

Eason’s just a guy.
    True, but Locker was a top ten pick with a bigger first contract than what Eason will be getting. Jake Locker still gets Husky Legend status and Eason doesn't.

Locker has a couple signature wins against SC and balled out hard in a lot of games, beat Nebraska in a bowl game.

What's everyone's favorite Eason memory? Eastern?
    Locker sucked each time they played Nebraska. Anyone in this board could have won the bowl game. He gets credit for a couple of wins vs usc and but he is the epitome of a doog legend.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    DoogDawg said:

Honestly, if Eason is gone, we’d almost have been better off if he’d stayed at Georgia. Would’ve given Sirmon a full year of reps and he’d be our returning starter going into 2020.

I don’t think for a second Haener would’ve actually been the guy - at least for a full season. And we’d probably have the same record in 2019 with Sirmon as Eason. We lost every single close game. Eason’s ceiling and potential are unreal and he played well in our loss to Oregon but he didn’t win a single game for us. His best games were games we’d win anyway.

I don’t blame Eason for leaving and wish he’d stay because his arm talent is ridiculous. But, honestly, he didn’t really do anything here.

OTOH, Eason killed off Pete. Which it appears needed to happen.
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,611
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes

dnc said:

Locker was loyal to a fault, though. That dude put everything on the line for UW. He’s a doog legend but a legend nonetheless.

Eason’s just a guy.
    True, but Locker was a top ten pick with a bigger first contract than what Eason will be getting. Jake Locker still gets Husky Legend status and Eason doesn't.

Locker has a couple signature wins against SC and balled out hard in a lot of games, beat Nebraska in a bowl game.

Locker sucked each time they played Nebraska. Anyone in this board could have won the bowl game. He gets credit for a couple of wins vs usc and but he is the epitome of a doog legend.
    Locker had the benefit of achieving some success when expectations were low. Eason achieved the same amount but with high expectations. Locker's career will always appear better for those reasons. Also, because he was a better all around athlete, and that matters.
  • Options
    PurpleJ said:

Imagine him in the 40s playing for Harvard or some shit with the same speed and size. He would have been a legend.

I imagine that would look similar to those "It's Jerome Bettis playing for your flag football team easy" commercials.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,795
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    I feel like Sonics is treated as some kind of oracle on here. Not sure it's deserved
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,151
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

Fuck I hope not. One that means a super shitty season. Two, the chincumbent true soph starter vs Huard civil war will tear this place and others apart. And everyone else transfers.
    I didn't say that Gerbers would win it just that I think he can force his way into the race if he's here by Spring.

I agree it's bad news if he's the best for the job.

And my side in the Civil War is already determined.

ISHIT
  • Options
    CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

Eason’s just a guy.

Locker had the benefit of achieving some success when expectations were low. Eason achieved the same amount but with high expectations. Locker's career will always appear better for those reasons. Also, because he was a better all around athlete, and that matters.
    Is this a joke, or are you 16 years old?

Locker was the Savior coming in - multiple Rose Bowls. Expectations were through the Roof and it validated HWSNBN’s job.

Look it up, and get back to us.