Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Husky Jacks open thread [2020]

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,078
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

I was in deep planning for my own logistics. The Main Bedroom golf tournament at 10 AM and staying sober enough for an 8PM game start for the DAWGS with Bama LSU in between

I saw that coming

Pretty easy logistics now. Day drinking for the Main Bedroom golf tourney
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,338
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Even though it en route to Slc. Just solve the freaking problem.

Move the game to Sunday.
    Get another freight company to help and do a relay. I doNt know but it sounds solvable. I doubt bama or Ohio state takes no for an answer in that scenario.

Pretty sweet that we only need to wait four days to see! LSU backed out of the Bama game (with no reschedule possible) and Auburn is free this weekend after their opponent postponed on them.

That's 130 miles as the crow flies. Squaa in truck range. What a bunch of pussies the SEC/Alabama football/people in the southeast are if they can't make that happen! Would be chincompetence of the highest order! SEC! SEC! SEC!

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    dnc said:

Move the game to Sunday.
    Get another freight company to help and do a relay. I doNt know but it sounds solvable. I doubt bama or Ohio state takes no for an answer in that scenario.

Pretty sweet that we only need to wait four days to see! LSU backed out of the Bama game (with no reschedule possible) and Auburn is free this weekend after their opponent postponed on them.

That's 130 miles as the crow flies. Squaa in truck range. What a bunch of pussies the SEC/Alabama football/people in the southeast are if they can't make that happen! Would be chincompetence of the highest order! SEC! SEC! SEC!

Bullshit.

It's not the same scenario. Not even close.

Alabama doesn't need every game possible to hope to maybe get a look from the playoff committee. They have a 10 (now 9) game schedule in a respected conference that guarantees they are in as long as they don't take an L (and maybe not even then). Bama will gladly take a bye and a slight increase in their chances of going undefeated and move forward.

Bama loses literally nothing by losing an away LSU game.

UW loses plenty by losing the Cal game.

SOYNTLTD
    Bama has played 6 games. UW has played none.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    LSU is an easy W this year. A scan shows it is being called postponed not cancelled. But it could be cancelled

The other difference is that LSU has a make up game with Florida already so the SEC did build some wiggle in

My point from this summer was that it is ludicrous to try to play with one positive test as the standard be it asymptomatic or not and then contact tracing regardless of positive or negative.

I confess to some surprise that we? got this far with the original leagues playing. The Pac is looking like they waited too long and maybe the B1G too

As we sit here today there is no guarantee that anything happens as planned in college ball. Pretty sure the NFL will find a way
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

LSU is an easy W this year. A scan shows it is being called postponed not cancelled. But it could be cancelled

The other difference is that LSU has a make up game with Florida already so the SEC did build some wiggle in

My point from this summer was that it is ludicrous to try to play with one positive test as the standard be it asymptomatic or not and then contact tracing regardless of positive or negative.

I confess to some surprise that we? got this far with the original leagues playing. The Pac is looking like they waited too long and maybe the B1G too

As we sit here today there is no guarantee that anything happens as planned in college ball. Pretty sure the NFL will find a way

NFL probably makes it work. They have much more control over their guysm.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

NFL probably makes it work. They have much more control over their guysm.
    And the facts. Lots of prying eyes on the campuses.

• Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,668
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Had the PAC started on time the season likely gets 90% played.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Had the PAC started on time the season likely gets 81% played.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

Move the game to Sunday.

Bullshit.

Alabama doesn't need every game possible to hope to maybe get a look from the playoff committee. They have a 10 (now 9) game schedule in a respected conference that guarantees they are in as long as they don't take an L (and maybe not even then). Bama will gladly take a bye and a slight increase in their chances of going undefeated and move forward.

SOYNTLTD
    I don't know why the LSU game being an away game mattered enough to mention but UW's game being away at Cal didn't, but that's not important. What IS important is you seem to have your wires crossed. No shit UW loses more by not playing 50% of its games against teams with a pulse, but what's that got to do with anything? Neither UW or the PAC-12 could have done anything about that. That was Berkeley making that call and UW having to take it in the shorts. The anger here seemed to stem from UW and Arizona failing to play.

And the playoff committee!? PLAYOFFS!?

Jesus TF Christ, UW never had a path to the playoffs in a six game season, and playing south division doormat Arizona twice wouldn't have helped even if they did. Besides, the comparison wasn't about losing the Cal game--UW had zero control over that. The issue was toddler fits over Cohen failing to replace the game with one against cross-country Arizona with a day to put it all together. With various posts about how pussy UW and the PAC-12 is for not making it happen, how the SEC would have moved mountains to make a game happen. Hell, I-know-you-don't-read-my-stuff.gif, but I quoted and highlighted exactly such a sentiment.

A mere hours later, exactly that scenario happens, neither Alabama or the SEC does shit about it, and your response is to move the goalposts.

My point stands that it's not necessarily a "pussiness" or lack of trying issue when it came to rescheduling a game on short notice, and there's no reason to disbelieve that logistics challenges prevented it from happening. "It is possible because the SEC would have done it" is now proven to be an inadequate counterargument, as they are in the process of failing to solve (or care to solve) a much simpler problem.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

dnc said:

Move the game to Sunday.

Bullshit.

SOYNTLTD
    I don't know why the LSU game being an away game mattered enough to mention but UW's game being away at Cal didn't, but that's not important. What IS important is you seem to have your wires crossed. No shit UW loses more by not playing 50% of its games against teams with a pulse, but what's that got to do with anything? Neither UW or the PAC-12 could have done anything about that. That was Berkeley making that call and UW having to take it in the shorts. The anger here seemed to stem from UW and Arizona failing to play.

Jesus TF Christ, UW never had a path to the playoffs in a six game season, and playing south division doormat Arizona twice wouldn't have helped even if they did. Besides, the comparison wasn't about losing the Cal game--UW had zero control over that. The issue was toddler fits over Cohen failing to replace the game with one against cross-country Arizona with a day to put it all together. With various posts about how pussy UW and the PAC-12 is for not making it happen, how the SEC would have moved mountains to make a game happen. Hell, I-know-you-don't-read-my-stuff.gif, but I quoted and highlighted exactly such a sentiment.

A mere hours later, exactly that scenario happens, neither Alabama or the SEC does shit about it, and your response is to move the goalposts.

My point stands that it's not necessarily a "pussiness" or lack of trying issue when it came to rescheduling a game on short notice, and there's no reason to disbelieve that logistics challenges prevented it from happening. "It is possible because the SEC would have done it" is now proven to be an inadequate counterargument, as they are in the process of failing to solve (or care to solve) a much simpler problem.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

dnc said:

Move the game to Sunday.

Bullshit.

SOYNTLTD

The point is that the SEC wouldn't let Bama drop a game it needed to have a shot at relevance. They would have done whatever was necessary to fill that slot. But they don't have to scramble because they had their shit together from the beginning.

Whether you think UW has a shot at the playoff or not is irrelevant. None of us know. But the Pac decided it wasn't worth the trouble to make sure the window stayed open.

That's a massive issue.
    Yes they did. In August. What's that got to do with baseless claims about UW not trying hard enough to play Arizona twice in November?
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,604
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

dnc said:

dnc said:

Move the game to Sunday.

Bullshit.

SOYNTLTD

The point is that the SEC wouldn't let Bama drop a game it needed to have a shot at relevance. They would have done whatever was necessary to fill that slot. But they don't have to scramble because they had their shit together from the beginning.

Whether you think UW has a shot at the playoff or not is irrelevant. None of us know. But the Pac decided it wasn't worth the trouble to make sure the window stayed open.

That's a massive issue.
    Yes they did. In August. What's that got to do with baseless claims about UW not trying hard enough to play Arizona twice in November?
    I love your effort, but don't get too wrapped up in arguing with mouthbreathers. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

- Mark Twain
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,994
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

dnc said:

Move the game to Sunday.

Bullshit.

SOYNTLTD

That's a massive issue.
    You seem to be logistics superiority guy which is fine. Just seems solvable by moving dates. Bama doesn’t need the game like uw or the pac12 conference. Not worth giving more thought about.

Fun unrelated fact is Ohio st was told no and big dicked their way into having a season for the big10 and the pac12 season is actually Happening because of them also. Not because of our limp dick west coast schools or politics.

Sometimes you just prove people wrong and tell people what you are going to do and Get out of the way. Everyone would suck at their jobs if they didn’t do that from time to time.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

dnc said:

Move the game to Sunday.

Bullshit.

SOYNTLTD

That's a massive issue.
    I love your effort, but don't get too wrapped up in arguing with mouthbreathers. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

- Mark Twain
    I don't boo the kids HCH posters that act like kids. If we're going to bash mouthbreathers, I'm fuckin' out. The peeps are just pissed off at not having a season while the rest of the country does, then getting a last minute further kick to the nuts of an at-that-point-meaningless season getting delayed for a fourth time. It's easier to be pissed off when there's a clear enemy to be pissed off at. Whatever. My fault for not reading the room, I suppose.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

After seeing LSU’s D I bet Orgeron found every Covid patient he could to expose his team to so they wouldn’t have to play Bama this week.

27 point undertigers