Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Husky Jacks open thread [2020]

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,732
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    It is well known that Peyton Manning did not win a natty at UT and I think only beat Florida once. He was a coach on the field and lived in the film room so I am sure they loaded up the playbook.

Then he leaves and a natural talent takes over who you wouldn't want your daughter to marry so they simplify and run the ball and win the natty

Simple is better
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

It is well known that Peyton Manning did not win a natty at UT and I think only beat Florida once. He was a coach on the field and lived in the film room so I am sure they loaded up the playbook.

Then he leaves and a natural talent takes over who you wouldn't want your daughter to marry so they simplify and run the ball and win the natty

Simple is better

Pretty sure he was owenfourida.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,756
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

I don’t hate Rapp as much as some of you, but the Rose Bowl will always bother me. It would have been a close game if he played. Those TD’s and a couple conversion were with McKinney directly in coverage.

McKinney sucks and got beat out by true freshmen the next year. We had a FCS caliber player playing in the Rose Bowl. In hindsight, Myles Bryant should have played safety and Molden at nickel. That would have also given us a better shot.

I know some of you think Ohio State let up, but that’s stupid. It happens, but they weren’t not trying. UW converted a bunch of 4th downs and had some big plays on defense.

Ohio State blows teams out all the time. Not really Meyer or their programs MO to let up. UW adjusted and played way better on defense. It wasn’t as close as the score indicated, but Ohio State did need to recover on onside kick to finish the game.

Bullshit. That embarrassing ass-kicking contest was over by halftime.

Woulda, Coulda, Shoulda. Kreist.
    Except it wasn’t and they needed to recover an onside kick to finish the game. But still.. I’m sure that was because Ohio State wanted it to be a close game. Yes, we were getting our ass kicked at halftime. Two TD’s were on Rapp. If those are FG’s instead, it’s a different game. There were probably other plays too outside the TD’s where McKinney fucked us.

I didn’t say we would have won, but a few of those plays probably wouldn’t have been made if Rapp was playing.

By your logic, UW let up against Stanford the same year when we dominated most the game and were up 21-0 and they came back. Natural let up happens when a team is ahead sometimes, but to think Ohio State was just running the ball and eating clock is FS. Or that they were allowing 4th down conversions because they weren’t trying. It’s stupid.
    28-3 after 3 Quarters. To suggest UW accomplished anything significant outside mop-up time is FS Doogie BS of the Highest Order.

Stop Dooging, Roady. You're starting to sound like Chest and his "but we had more yards" logic.

Scoreboard Doogs. Scoreboard.
  • Options
    dnc said:
    Absolute proof and a reminder that 99 times out of a 100, Goliath Stomps David's ass. Peterson bet on David way too often.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:
    Absolute proof and a reminder that 99 times out of a 100, Goliath Stomps David's ass. Peterson bet on David way too often.
    We aren’t David. We put tons of guys in the NFL. When we were David, we went 12-2 and played Bama. We got worse as we got more Goliath’s (mostly overrated, low 4 star recruits). If you expect UW to out recruit Ohio State, you’re going to be forever disappointed.
  • Options
    edited April 2020

dnc said:
    We aren’t David. We put tons of guys in the NFL. When we were David, we went 12-2 and played Bama. We got worse as we got more Goliath’s (mostly overrated, low 4 star recruits). If you expect UW to out recruit Ohio State, you’re going to be forever disappointed.
    Referring to game plans and play-calling, not recruiting. UW was Goliath within the Pac12 when they went 12-2, because UW clicked on both sides of the ball that season. But UW was David in comparison to Bama, Penn State and OSU where the law of averages always favored Goliath.

David = Trickery, deception, and doing the unexpected to stay in the game and maybe steal it. Think Pete's Fiesta Bowl win vs. Oklahoma. David won that one, but no other NY6 Bowl contests thereafter.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,732
    Swaye's Wigwam
    If by greatly ease you mean eliminate then sure.gif

I am not SURE that UCLA and Cal are losing recruits that schools like UW can accept. I don't think they are.

And of course everyone can follow suit and the Pac 12 can rise again! No standards baby, bring on the criminal elements that Walsh hated
  • Options

I don’t hate Rapp as much as some of you, but the Rose Bowl will always bother me. It would have been a close game if he played. Those TD’s and a couple conversion were with McKinney directly in coverage.

McKinney sucks and got beat out by true freshmen the next year. We had a FCS caliber player playing in the Rose Bowl. In hindsight, Myles Bryant should have played safety and Molden at nickel. That would have also given us a better shot.

I know some of you think Ohio State let up, but that’s stupid. It happens, but they weren’t not trying. UW converted a bunch of 4th downs and had some big plays on defense.

Ohio State blows teams out all the time. Not really Meyer or their programs MO to let up. UW adjusted and played way better on defense. It wasn’t as close as the score indicated, but Ohio State did need to recover on onside kick to finish the game.

Bullshit. That embarrassing ass-kicking contest was over by halftime.

Woulda, Coulda, Shoulda. Kreist.
    Except it wasn’t and they needed to recover an onside kick to finish the game. But still.. I’m sure that was because Ohio State wanted it to be a close game. Yes, we were getting our ass kicked at halftime. Two TD’s were on Rapp. If those are FG’s instead, it’s a different game. There were probably other plays too outside the TD’s where McKinney fucked us.

I didn’t say we would have won, but a few of those plays probably wouldn’t have been made if Rapp was playing.

By your logic, UW let up against Stanford the same year when we dominated most the game and were up 21-0 and they came back. Natural let up happens when a team is ahead sometimes, but to think Ohio State was just running the ball and eating clock is FS. Or that they were allowing 4th down conversions because they weren’t trying. It’s stupid.

Let me help you out, Roady.
  • Options
    DoogWhispererDoogWhisperer Member Posts: 1,021
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
  • Options

dnc said:
    Referring to game plans and play-calling, not recruiting. UW was Goliath within the Pac12 when they went 12-2, because UW clicked on both sides of the ball that season. But UW was David in comparison to Bama, Penn State and OSU where the law of averages always favored Goliath.

David = Trickery, deception, and doing the unexpected to stay in the game and maybe steal it. Think Pete's Fiesta Bowl win vs. Oklahoma. David won that one, but no other NY6 Bowl contests thereafter.
    Pete won the Fiesta again in January, 2010
  • Options
    dnc said:

dnc said:

Be Quiet! You're fucking up my Metaphors, Goddamnit.
  • Options

dnc said:

dnc said:

Beat TCU, the other big mid major program at the time. Someone will say it doesn’t count.
    I'm not saying that at all. I'm saying it's useless to focus on how many guys make the NFL, how many first downs, how many yards and time of possession as bright spots when a program cannot get over the hump and win the big games it needs to win to become elite.

The 2019 Rose Bowl was not even close until the last 40 seconds where an on-side kick would have to be recovered just to have the chance at a most prayerful Hail Mary. What are the odds of those two things happening? 1 in 10,000? It's like saying the game wasn't lost until the last play of the game. Problem is that's true in every game whether the final score is 7-6 or 55-0. Technically and actually, no game in any sport is lost until the "final play" or the clock runs out, but that doesn't turn an ass-whipping into a close game.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

dnc said:

Beat TCU, the other big mid major program at the time. Someone will say it doesn’t count.
    I'm not saying that at all. I'm saying it's useless to focus on how many guys make the NFL, how many first downs, how many yards and time of possession as bright spots when a program cannot get over the hump and win the big games it needs to win to become elite.

The 2019 Rose Bowl was not even close until the last 40 seconds where an on-side kick would have to be recovered just to have the chance at a most prayerful Hail Mary. What are the odds of those two things happening? 1 in 10,000? It's like saying the game wasn't lost until the last play of the game. Problem is that's true in every game whether the final score is 7-6 or 55-0. Technically and actually, no game in any sport is lost until the "final play" or the clock runs out, but that doesn't turn an ass-whipping into a close game.
    A one score game with a minute to go is a somewhat close game. This is a dumb argument. Why do you care this much? Losing maybe your best defensive player that started as a rookie in the NFL to a QB and passing attack that threw for 50 TD’s is a big deal. Especially when he’s replaced by a FCS/WAC type of player.
  • Options

dnc said:

dnc said:

Only Coogs and Quooks discount major bowel victories because of who you played.

A trophy's a trophy.