Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Husky Jacks open thread [2020]

Comments

• Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,724
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tryon should be in the AA conversation this season. There's something wrong if he isn't.
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Puka, I've never seen any issue with hooking up with a WSU chick. It never stopped me back in the day.

Not sure how the rest of HH feels about it, all I ask is:

Case in point:

• Options
    Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,298
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Are these weights new, or was I not paying attention? https://gohuskies.com/sports/football/roster
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,944
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Are these weights new, or was I not paying attention? https://gohuskies.com/sports/football/roster

Yeah. Ballz has a good doogish breakdown of them. I'll paste it here since no one will see it over there

This team is big as FUCK!

Some of my favorite changes:

Puka Nacua 6’1 210 (He thicc)

Laiatu Latu 6’4 266 (He was almost 280 at one point. Moving in the right direction for OLB and getting his speed back)

Daniel Heimuli 6’0 225 (He’s jacked. Gonna be a tuff heat-seeking missile in the middle)

Cam Williams 6’0 200 (About a 10 pound gain since he got on campus)

Taj Davis 6’1 201 (Another tuff WR putting on size, no more pussy receivers!)

Cam Davis 6’0 200 (A solid and much needed 5 pound gain for him)

Kamari Pleasant 6’0 221 (If he can simply find the hole and run hard straight through it with zero dancing or choppy feet and drag defenders like he did versus Boise he might not be useless this season after all)

Julius Irvin 6’1 197 (He was previously around 185, hope he breaks out at safety and provides some real competition for Asa and Cam)

Jackson Sirmon 6’3 237 (NFL body just like his dad, speed not great just like his dad, very smart and instinctual just like his dad, I like this kid a lot and I think he’ll prove any doubters wrong. If you know where to go and the right angle to take, you don’t have to be the fastest LB on the field to be good)

Bralen Trice 6’3 249 (Big jump for him from around 235. I hope he’s Joe Tryon 2.0 because they’re starting to look alike)

Edefuan Ulofoshio 6’0 234

MJ Tafisi 6’0 241 (Damn son, I pity anybody this dude gets a good lick on. He thumps)

Jordan Lolohea 6’2 271

We have big linebackers on both the inside and outside. Going to be a bruising defense.

Sama Paama 6’4 348 (I’ve seen this dude in person and he’s not fat at all. It’s crazy. He looks like a panda bear. He’s a lean 350. Vita was only lean at around 335 at UW and any heavier than that he started getting fat. Sama is bigger than Vita! Can’t wait for him to get coached up. When the technique and mental side of the game click for him he’s going to be a one man wreaking crew. It didn’t happen for Vita until he was a RS Sophomore. 2021 will be special)

Zion Tupuola-Fetui 6’3 272 (He looks leaner in the workout videos than he did last season but is up in weight from 266 so he’s made some solid muscle gains but what about his speed because that needs to improve for him to be more than a one-dimensional run stopper on the edge? I think he ends up inside at DT eventually but we’ll see.)

Julius Buelow 6’8 330 (Down about 10 pounds, that’s good progress for him)

Vic Curne 6’3 313 (About a 7 pound drop, good progress, he’s going to be crazy quick at RT)

Jaxson Kirland 6’7 322 (About a 7 pound drop, getting quicker to play Tackle again)

Josiah Bronson 6’3 298 (8 pound gain. Don’t sleep on Bronson, he’s had to play NT while Tuli and Taki learn and develop which isn’t his natural position. He’s a 3-tech. Give him some one-on-one match ups backing up Levi and he’s gonna make some plays. Glad to have him back)

Tuli Letuligasenoa 6’1 311 (This is huge! He gassed out in the 4th quarter of games last season because he was still carrying some bad weight. He’s now at a Greg Gaines level of fitness which is what we need from him. He’s going to be All-conference next season)

Jacob Bandes 6’2 317 (He looks solid, He’s going to push Taki for that #2 NT spot)

Rome Odunze 6’3 205 and Sawyer Raccanelli 6’2 208 (These haven’t been updated yet but when was the last time we have two true Freshman receivers coming in that are both over 200 pounds before they even get on campus?
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited March 2020

They seem updated. Latu at 266 is a good sign. He had to lose weight to be good outside. Low to mid 260’s is perfect. He was 275 last year and not quick enough to provide anything as a pass rusher.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,482
    Standard Supporter
    Just think what they'll be at for the 2021 season. Elite.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,724
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I looked through and thought most of the weights looked good. It's a good sign that the changes have gotten small compared to last year where many guys had double digit gains.

I think our inside LBs would be right at 230 with BBK like mobility in a perfect world, but we can't seem to get there because UW doesnt recruit many Alabam, LSU or even USC level LB prospects. I'd take 210 and quick over 240 and plodding.
  • Options
    EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited March 2020

Check the replies. @dnc should be ashamed for causing that kind of behavior.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,174
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Emoterman said:

Check the replies. @dnc should be ashamed for causing that kind of behavior.
    That was fun.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,482
    Standard Supporter
    He also of "best play caller in America" etc etc. But still, FYFMFE
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

He also of "best play caller in America" etc etc. But still, FYFMFE

ESPN should thank the Coronavirus for allowing us to play college football at all!