Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Husky Jacks open thread [2020]

Comments

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Fuck a lifetime of Nike affiliation. I'm picking the school that molests animals with plastic from Dollar General.

@puppylove_sugarsteel ?
    @PurpleJ ???
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,993
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Fuck a lifetime of Nike affiliation. I'm picking the school that molests animals with plastic from Dollar General.

@puppylove_sugarsteel ?
    @PurpleJ ???
    GRUNDLE STOp
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    dnc said:

FireCohen said:

FireCohen said:

8-5 baby how about that for SRS
    These type of posts have to go. Four of those schools make the playoff nearly every year. UW hasn’t even won a BCS Bowl.
    Huh? I was making fun of SRS
    And he’s agreeing with you.

I know you’re not used to that.
    In my defense he did start his post with “These type of posts have to go” so I thought he was talking about my post
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,720
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,720
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Hey 18 year old superstar who has been pampered the last three years do you want to go to Oregon and have hookers and blow or do you want to GRIND at UW

Get them here then break the news that they aren't the shit like they thought they were
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Hey 18 year old superstar who has been pampered the last three years do you want to go to Oregon and have hookers and blow or do you want to GRIND at UW

Get them here then break the news that they aren't the shit like they thought they were

exactly. why the fuck are we still selling them on boring work instead of runway models?
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Meek said:

exactly. why the fuck are we still selling them on boring work instead of runway models?
    If you look at other program's Twitter accounts it's mostly the same shit. Not much going on this time of the year other than winter workouts and promoting NFL combine stuff.

• Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,323
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Meek said:

My wife is constantly wasting money on gym memberships and boot camp programs and kettlebell classes and whatnot. I bought her a nice set of adjustable dumbbells and said, "Here you go. Now you can work out at home to something on YouTube and spend zero more dollars." She still pays for the gym.

Her reason? Because if there's nobody there to push her, she won't do it.

I'm pulling this all out of my ass, but if you want a hypothetical answer to this question, mine would be that there are a subset of high school football players who aren't dumber than fuck dolls. These are kids to whom you can present this argument: "Look at the millions the guys who have passed through our program make. We're the best in the west at making this happen. Know why? Because we hold our players accountable. You come here, you will bust ass, you will be rewarded for this by being better and putting yourself in the best position to make millions. Or you can go to some other school where the head coach will personally suck your dick but your out of shape ass will get a rude awakening when the NFL comes calling. Trust me: You WANT to be held accountable and coached by adults."

This will immediately cut the list of viable recruiting targets down to a fraction of what it otherwise would be, but the gamble being made is that the not-dumber-than-fuck-dolls remaining pool from which you are then recruiting are a safer, more conservative bet for your program as a whole. And once you make this your primary sales pitch, "Grind" videos are a plus and not a minus to your core target demographic. Figuratively speaking, you're recruiting my wife: Kids who are smart enough to know that they're not motivated enough on their own to be successful and want a program to force them to their NFL potential.

Not making a value judgement of this strategy, but it does seem to me like this has been the strategy since day one of Petersen taking over, and Lake's adopted it wholly and added some social media flare and casting a wider net. They've been doing this for six years and have been recruiting at or near the top of the conference that whole time.

By all means, though, bring in the whores!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8QyzERylkU
  • Options
    dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,279
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

Meek said:

My wife is constantly wasting money on gym memberships and boot camp programs and kettlebell classes and whatnot. I bought her a nice set of adjustable dumbbells and said, "Here you go. Now you can work out at home to something on YouTube and spend zero more dollars." She still pays for the gym.

Her reason? Because if there's nobody there to push her, she won't do it.

I'm pulling this all out of my ass, but if you want a hypothetical answer to this question, mine would be that there are a subset of high school football players who aren't dumber than fuck dolls. These are kids to whom you can present this argument: "Look at the millions the guys who have passed through our program make. We're the best in the west at making this happen. Know why? Because we hold our players accountable. You come here, you will bust ass, you will be rewarded for this by being better and putting yourself in the best position to make millions. Or you can go to some other school where the head coach will personally suck your dick but your out of shape ass will get a rude awakening when the NFL comes calling. Trust me: You WANT to be held accountable and coached by adults."

This will immediately cut the list of viable recruiting targets down to a fraction of what it otherwise would be, but the gamble being made is that the not-dumber-than-fuck-dolls remaining pool from which you are then recruiting are a safer, more conservative bet for your program as a whole. And once you make this your primary sales pitch, "Grind" videos are a plus and not a minus to your core target demographic. Figuratively speaking, you're recruiting my wife: Kids who are smart enough to know that they're not motivated enough on their own to be successful and want a program to force them to their NFL potential.

Not making a value judgement of this strategy, but it does seem to me like this has been the strategy since day one of Petersen taking over, and Lake's adopted it wholly and added some social media flare and casting a wider net. They've been doing this for six years and have been recruiting at or near the top of the conference that whole time.

By all means, though, bring in the whores!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8QyzERylkU
    I've been recruiting your wife also, why do you think she goes to the gym all the tim?

* I'm kidding, please don't kill me *
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,323
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dannarc said:

I've been recruiting your wife also, why do you think she goes to the gym all the tim?

* I'm kidding, please don't kill me *

That's all well and good, but do we still get to bring out the whores?

• Options
    QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,132
    The “grind” angle works great when we’re winning conference titles and our southern douche bag neighbors are winning 7.

When we’re 8-5 and they’re winning roses...why are we grinding again?
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,994
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

Emoterman said:
    Wattenberg looks like a lesbian softball player.
    Redundant.
    You must not’ve seen this yrs sqwad