Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Husky Jacks open thread [2020]

Comments

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Just looking over some PFF tweets shit. Not 100% sure on ZTF but right now UW has
    -the #1 and #7 highest rated CBs in the country (Molden and McDuffie)
    -the #1 rated P5 linebacker (Eddie)
    -im assuming the #1 defensive edge player (ztf)

That is insane. Im just gonna sit here and let my underwear get crispy

PFF is only worth a shit if it makes youº look good, and it's doing its part now.
    Hence the reason I only poast the good stuff when I poast PFF. I regularly skip over anything that doesn’t.

. Doogs gotta do their part to make their Dwags look good.
    Do serious people really put any credence into PFF’s stuff?
    If you don’t you’re a moron, they use a similar process that coaches use to grade players. Their graders are ex-nflers, ex-coaches, and ex-college players. They have the biggest library of advanced stats too.
    Do you know how long it takes a grade a position group for a game?
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,798
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Just looking over some PFF tweets shit. Not 100% sure on ZTF but right now UW has

PFF is only worth a shit if it makes youº look good, and it's doing its part now.
    Hence the reason I only poast the good stuff when I poast PFF. I regularly skip over anything that doesn’t.

If you don’t you’re a moron, they use a similar process that coaches use to grade players. Their graders are ex-nflers, ex-coaches, and ex-college players. They have the biggest library of advanced stats too.
    They have over 500 graders.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

No shit? Well, that's something. I've never read that, nor did I go looking.
  • Options
    edited December 2020

So you don’t know
    Their website says they have 600 analysts but only their Sr. analysts can finalize grades (60 Sr. analysts). I know a lot of GMs have said they use some of their stuff to help evaluate prospects.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

On top of that, how do they factor in the ambiguity of assignments? When coaches grade they know exactly what play was called and who fucked up. PFF doesn't have that insight.
  • Options

On top of that, how do they factor in the ambiguity of assignments? When coaches grade they know exactly what play was called and who fucked up. PFF doesn't have that insight.
    Eh most of the time it’s pretty obvious what a player’s responsibility is. Most teams end up running similar things. Of course there is some built in error but for the most part it’s very very accurate. If they don’t know the player’s responsibility they receive a +0 which is the neutral grade. So it’s pretty negligible.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,753
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

BaldwinIV said:

Anyone that still gives SubK, DDY, or Chest any traffic is a fucking loser. Case closed. End of story.

DDY is like a billion times better than both of those other two goofs, you know that
    DDY was funny and entertaining. Coker was the classic straight man and Teq's drunken slurring added to the fun. It was a good pod, even though DDY was full of shit 81% of the time.
    I’d welcome back @Dennis_DeYoung @Crow_T_Robot @CokeGreaterThanPepsi @DefinitelyNotCoker gladly. Not @WilburHooksHands tho, FTG.
    only god can judge me Isaiah 54:17
    You didn't capitalize god. Pagan.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,753
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

BaldwinIV said:

Anyone that still gives SubK, DDY, or Chest any traffic is a fucking loser. Case closed. End of story.

DDY is like a billion times better than both of those other two goofs, you know that
    I fucking hate DDY and so should every actual Husky fan
    He is a race baiting POS.
    Eh, more like a wannabe gay hipster who can't wash the Kent off himself.
  • Options
    biak1biak1 Member Posts: 3,993
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    More of an Ezekiel 25:17 guy myself.
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,741
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

BaldwinIV said:

DDY was funny and entertaining. Coker was the classic straight man and Teq's drunken slurring added to the fun. It was a good pod, even though DDY was full of shit 81% of the time.
    I’d welcome back @Dennis_DeYoung @Crow_T_Robot @CokeGreaterThanPepsi @DefinitelyNotCoker gladly. Not @WilburHooksHands tho, FTG.
    only god can judge me Isaiah 54:17
    You didn't capitalize god. Pagan.
    lol @ your shitty english translation... יהוה or gtfo
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2020
    Emoterman said:
    Vorel does a good job, but I doubt anyone gives a fuck about Zion playing volleyball.
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,154
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club