Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Chip Long for OC WTF???

Comments

• Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

Hiring Gerald Alexander to lead the LBs and firing Bob Gregory into the sun would be like replacing a dollar store steak with a Tomahawk.

Make it fucking happen

I like GA but I’m not sure why people are so sure he can coach LBs
    This. After the disaster at ILB this year do we really want to bring in a guy who has never coached the position before? We can add GA to coach DBs while also replacing Bob with a new LB coach.
    Who said GA was being in to recruit LB's?
    Someone suggested it earlier in this thread and it was a popular TSIO talking point before we hired Harris. Do you know if GA is in play for the open coaching spot?
    I would love to bring in GA to essentially replace Jimmy... but the things that make sense are:

Bush: DAO
    KB: DAO
    Pao: DAO
    Greggy: DAO

If Lake doesn't do this, he's a moron. None of those coaches are worth a fuck. You think LSU would be okay with those coaches? lol

I want to win a Natty. Doogs who say 'you know, we can't expect to be Alabama' are the kind of people who defend Pao, KB and Greggy. Fuck all that with a hammer.

Chip Long would be good. KB can't recruit and can't coach. Pao can't recruit and can barely coach. Greggy can't recruit and played Kyler Manu over Ulofoshio all season so FTG.

I would like the coaches we hire to be able to 1) coach and 2) recruit. That's pretty much my standard. I'm sick of this Boise State West shit.

I don't want to be a fucking WAC team.
    Disagree on KB and PowPow not being able to coach, particularly PowPow. PowPow's on-field product is consistently good to great. KB is the same (to be fair Gaskin saved his ass). I would be okay with firing KB, but PowPow deserves to keep his job.

Yes recruiting matters and I want to see him recruit better. It's imperative that he does so. But at the moment he is a putting a product on the field better than most or all of our other position coaches. So to want him gone seems kind of crazy to me.
    I downvoted this because it seems that coaching RBs is the easiest position to coach. You can afford to put a guy in that role if he’s a great recruiter but not a great coach.
    How do you coach RBs? Hey Barry, make everyone miss!!! The idea that you can coach RBs to greatness is so fucking stupid it should never get any time. That position is RECRUIT HUGE TIME PLAYERS and make sure they don't fumble and can pass block.

Again - you think KB's amazing coaching skills is going to turn Sunday into D'Andre Swift?

You guys know UGA is getting Milton AND Zach Evans, right? I'm sure our guys will be about the same with KB's incredible Moob grooming.
    1) you're wrong. It happens on the margin. A very good back can be made great with coaching.
    2) contrary to the cliche, speed can be coached as well
    This is how I know you're fucking retarded.

Yeah. So, what do you think KB did with Myles? You think he got a lot better in his 4 years you asshat?

You guys have talked yourselves into a Doog frenzy while Oregon passed us by being like 'hey, we should get talented players'.

Can you point me to a VG back that was made great by coaching? lol FOH clownass.
    That's how I know you're an idiot. Gaskin was a good back in high school. He didn't peak his senior year and stay level. Fucking dumbshit. Yes, coaching matters. Stick with your stupid BT2W dumbshit site and your waste of space podcast you ass fuck
    Yeah, you're right great point. KB made Myles!! Great point. Except he was never better than he was as a sophomore you df.

Why don't you have any evidence for what you're saying? I thought this was an easy point to make. Just list your top 10 RBs that came in good and left great due to coaching...

HOLD ON TO THE BALL!! BLOCK THAT GUY!!!

You're probably right though. What does literally every successful CFB program know that you don't? Probably nothing.

The arguments about recruiting here are facebook level retarded.

"I SAYIG COACHIG MATTURZ!!"

Good point.
    Every successful CFB program has running back coaches... HTH

Dumbass
  • Options
    Crow_T_RobotCrow_T_Robot Member Posts: 58
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper

dnc said:

Hiring Gerald Alexander to lead the LBs and firing Bob Gregory into the sun would be like replacing a dollar store steak with a Tomahawk.

Make it fucking happen

This. After the disaster at ILB this year do we really want to bring in a guy who has never coached the position before? We can add GA to coach DBs while also replacing Bob with a new LB coach.
    Someone suggested it earlier in this thread and it was a popular TSIO talking point before we hired Harris. Do you know if GA is in play for the open coaching spot?
    I would love to bring in GA to essentially replace Jimmy... but the things that make sense are:

If Lake doesn't do this, he's a moron. None of those coaches are worth a fuck. You think LSU would be okay with those coaches? lol

I want to win a Natty. Doogs who say 'you know, we can't expect to be Alabama' are the kind of people who defend Pao, KB and Greggy. Fuck all that with a hammer.

Chip Long would be good. KB can't recruit and can't coach. Pao can't recruit and can barely coach. Greggy can't recruit and played Kyler Manu over Ulofoshio all season so FTG.

I would like the coaches we hire to be able to 1) coach and 2) recruit. That's pretty much my standard. I'm sick of this Boise State West shit.

Disagree on KB and PowPow not being able to coach, particularly PowPow. PowPow's on-field product is consistently good to great. KB is the same (to be fair Gaskin saved his ass). I would be okay with firing KB, but PowPow deserves to keep his job.

Yes recruiting matters and I want to see him recruit better. It's imperative that he does so. But at the moment he is a putting a product on the field better than most or all of our other position coaches. So to want him gone seems kind of crazy to me.
    I downvoted this because it seems that coaching RBs is the easiest position to coach. You can afford to put a guy in that role if he’s a great recruiter but not a great coach.
    How do you coach RBs? Hey Barry, make everyone miss!!! The idea that you can coach RBs to greatness is so fucking stupid it should never get any time. That position is RECRUIT HUGE TIME PLAYERS and make sure they don't fumble and can pass block.

Again - you think KB's amazing coaching skills is going to turn Sunday into D'Andre Swift?

You guys know UGA is getting Milton AND Zach Evans, right? I'm sure our guys will be about the same with KB's incredible Moob grooming.
    1) you're wrong. It happens on the margin. A very good back can be made great with coaching.

Yeah. So, what do you think KB did with Myles? You think he got a lot better in his 4 years you asshat?

You guys have talked yourselves into a Doog frenzy while Oregon passed us by being like 'hey, we should get talented players'.

Can you point me to a VG back that was made great by coaching? lol FOH clownass.
    That's how I know you're an idiot. Gaskin was a good back in high school. He didn't peak his senior year and stay level. Fucking dumbshit. Yes, coaching matters. Stick with your stupid BT2W dumbshit site and your waste of space podcast you ass fuck
    Yeah, you're right great point. KB made Myles!! Great point. Except he was never better than he was as a sophomore you df.

Why don't you have any evidence for what you're saying? I thought this was an easy point to make. Just list your top 10 RBs that came in good and left great due to coaching...

You're probably right though. What does literally every successful CFB program know that you don't? Probably nothing.

Good point.

Dumbass
    Your words are hurtful. KB is a great coach evidence, go!
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

Make it fucking happen

Good point.

Dumbass
    Your words are hurtful. KB is a great coach evidence, go!
    Find my quote where I said he was. Go!

Ahmed under performed
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,605
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Am I in the wrong thread? Did we? hire an OC yet?
  • Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,910
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

Make it fucking happen

Because DDY and your boy LMC say so.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2019

dnc said:

Make it fucking happen

I don’t think our TE play would drop much, if any at all? If Powpow was fired. That said, how can he not coach? What’s the metric used for this? He has churned out NFL TE’s every year he’s been year. Not one, but once Hunter Bryant is in the NFL, five. Perkins, Daniels, Dissly, Sample, and Bryant. Otton will be six. No player at his position regressed while at Uw. It’s been a strength of our team.

I do agree that another killer recruiter would be nice and TE and RB coach is the place to stash those type of guys.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,997
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Running back and tight end tend to be where most programs put guys that will likely be career assistants and not coordinators. OC’s typically come from qb/wr or the oline. That said that was chip long held the undesirable titles and worked his way up. Ewiwbi.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited December 2019

Georgia is getting Milton and Zach Evans because of their success at putting RB’s in the league. It’s a school that always runs the ball and their RB’s go to the NFL and have been picked early. Elite prospects want the same thing.

Replace RB with TE and apply it to Washington. Why are we whiffing entire cycles and never winning any head-to-head elite prospect battles then? Can't agree with you.

Replace RB with DB and why aren't we absolutely cleaning up at DB?

"Simplistic"
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,816
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    edited December 2019

dnc said:

Make it fucking happen

I don’t think our TE play would drop much, if any at all? If Powpow was fired. That said, how can he not coach? What’s the metric used for this? He has churned out NFL TE’s every year he’s been year. Not one, but once Hunter Bryant is in the NFL, five. Perkins, Daniels, Dissly, Sample, and Bryant. Otton will be six. No player at his position regressed while at Uw. It’s been a strength of our team.

I do agree that another killer recruiter would be nice and TE and RB coach is the place to stash those type of guys.
    If you can make the 1st comment you made ... then you should probably look to upgrade that coach
  • Options

Georgia is getting Milton and Zach Evans because of their success at putting RB’s in the league. It’s a school that always runs the ball and their RB’s go to the NFL and have been picked early. Elite prospects want the same thing.

It’s so simplistic to think recruits go to a school because of a position coach. Yes, the better they are at selling the school helps, but it’s crazy how much some care about position coaches. I doubt any other fan base cares as much about assistants as Husky fans.

If we were churning out high draft picks at RB, the elite ones would want to come here too. We haven’t done that and so we don’t get the attention from the elite RB’s. It’s not a hard concept to grasp.

Adams saved our ass last year at wr talent wise getting puka. To think it doesn’t matter that much is putting your your head in the sand. Same with Strausser on the oline. He was next to worthless bringing in talent. There’s a balance between recruiting and coaching As strausser seemed to do a good job on the coaching part.

We are not Georgia or Bama where we have a hotbed of talent within a few hours of campus and are going to get a top 10 class no matter what. There are typically massive drop offs in talent if we don’t hit on our top targets.

Certain coaches don’t help offer much in recruiting and if they are not an elite X’s and O’s Guy like coach Kwat what value are are they providing? I want a staff full of jimmy lakes Gerald Alexander’s and a few coach Kwats to balance it out. If you don’t have assistants like that why in the world would you be complacent. Those guys are difference makers. If you don’t have a difference maker in that position go find someone who is. It’s not like uw is cheap vs other programs on the west coast with regards to budgets for coaches. There’s not a shortage of people that would come here.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Gladstone said:

Replace RB with TE and apply it to Washington. Why are we whiffing entire cycles and never winning any head-to-head elite prospect battles then? Can't agree with you.

"Simplistic"
    All I’m saying is that we would flip the fuck out if we hired Rutgers DB coach, an older white guy, in 2017. That’s what LSU did. The schools we aspire to be don’t have amazing, hotshot coaches like Crow Robot says. It’s not true. Go look at their staffs.

Changing position coaches and thinking it’s going to magically make recruiting so much better is crazy. We are going to continue to get classes that rank 10th-20th.

Our TE’s aren’t household names like Todd Gurley, Nick Chubb, and Sonny Michel. I bet most high school kids have no idea who Drew Sample and Will Dissly are until our coaches talk to recruits about them.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,926
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Gladstone said:

"Simplistic"
    All I’m saying is that we would flip the fuck out if we hired Rutgers DB coach, an older white guy, in 2017. That’s what LSU did. The schools we aspire to be don’t have amazing, hotshot coaches like Crow Robot says. It’s not true. Go look at their staffs.

Changing position coaches and thinking it’s going to magically make recruiting so much better is crazy. We are going to continue to get classes that rank 10th-20th.

Our TE’s aren’t household names like Todd Gurley, Nick Chubb, and Sonny Michel. I bet most high school kids have no idea who Drew Sample and Will Dissly are until our coaches talk to recruits about them.
    Who exactly is considered to be a "hotshot recruiter" TE coach? Like, who is the amazing recruiter we replace Paopao with? I'm all for upping our TE recruiting but it doesnt seem like s position where you have a bunch of grinding recruiters
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2019

It’s so simplistic to think recruits go to a school because of a position coach. Yes, the better they are at selling the school helps, but it’s crazy how much some care about position coaches. I doubt any other fan base cares as much about assistants as Husky fans.

If we were churning out high draft picks at RB, the elite ones would want to come here too. We haven’t done that and so we don’t get the attention from the elite RB’s. It’s not a hard concept to grasp.

Adams saved our ass last year at wr talent wise getting puka. To think it doesn’t matter that much is putting your your head in the sand. Same with Strausser on the oline. He was next to worthless bringing in talent. There’s a balance between recruiting and coaching As strausser seemed to do a good job on the coaching part.

We are not Georgia or Bama where we have a hotbed of talent within a few hours of campus and are going to get a top 10 class no matter what. There are typically massive drop offs in talent if we don’t hit on our top targets.

Certain coaches don’t help offer much in recruiting and if they are not an elite X’s and O’s Guy like coach Kwat what value are are they providing? I want a staff full of jimmy lakes Gerald Alexander’s and a few coach Kwats to balance it out. If you don’t have assistants like that why in the world would you be complacent. Those guys are difference makers. If you don’t have a difference maker in that position go find someone who is. It’s not like uw is cheap vs other programs on the west coast with regards to budgets for coaches. There’s not a shortage of people that would come here.
    Im all for upgrades to the coaching staff. I was just pointing out that some of the bullshit and myths that are accepted as common knowledge, are bullshit.

We were recruiting Puka the whole time. When he didn’t sign early, we focused on him and got him at the the February signing day. Great get by Adams and the staff. He is recruiting bette than Lubick too.

Why are we acting like Spiker, Osborne, Ty Jones, Cook, and Bynum weren’t highly sought recruits tho? It’s not like we signed a bunch of 2 star nobodies and then Adams came and we started recruiting well.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2019

Gladstone said:

"Simplistic"

Who exactly is considered to be a "hotshot recruiter" TE coach? Like, who is the amazing recruiter we replace Paopao with? I'm all for upping our TE recruiting but it doesnt seem like s position where you have a bunch of grinding recruiters
    I don’t know and they don’t know either. This game has been created with recruiting where the position coach gets credit for all their signees, lay-ups don’t count, position coaches they don’t like didn’t get guys into heir merit, but because of x,y,z reasons. Kwat has really stepped up his recruiting because of Smalls, but every player Gregory signed doesn’t count because they came to UW for another reason. It’s dumb.

Malloe killed it last year and has whiffed this year. Is he a worse recruiter now? Lake has had some years that were better than others. None of this shit is an exact science.

Get good players and develop them. That’s it.
  • Options

Im all for upgrades to the coaching staff. I was just pointing out that some of the bullshit and myths that are accepted as common knowledge, are bullshit.

We were recruiting Puka the whole time. When he didn’t sign early, we focused on him and got him at the the February signing day. Great get by Adams and the staff. He is recruiting bette than Lubick too.
    Adams landed probably the best wr class out west. So in one season it can make a huge difference vs what Lubick was doing. We are still paying the price for pease’s incompetence that they let go on.

Now the fact that ddy and his minions complained about the hires of Malloe Adams and huff is pretty hilarious. They are some of our best recruiting coaches thus far. Yes they would have gone ape shit over hiring a white retread dB coach. Completely agree.

But if we don’t think removing dead weight from the staff matters all that much I completely disagree.

Gregory has to go in that regard because he provides little value in any capacity for what he gets paid. Pao Pao doesn’t really offer much. Bonahpha doesn’t seem to try all that hard but I could be wrong. I am the most lenient with him but my gut tells me we could do better.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2019

Adams landed probably the best wr class out west. So in one season it can make a huge difference vs what Lubick was doing. We are still paying the price for pease’s incompetence that they let go on.

Now the fact that ddy and his minions complained about the hires of Malloe Adams and huff is pretty hilarious. They are some of our best recruiting coaches thus far. Yes they would have gone ape shit over hiring a white retread dB coach. Completely agree.

But if we don’t think removing dead weight from the staff matters all that much I completely disagree.

Gregory has to go in that regard because he provides little value in any capacity for what he gets paid. Pao Pao doesn’t really offer much. Bonahpha doesn’t seem to try all that hard but I could be wrong. I am the most lenient with him but my gut tells me we could do better.
    Adams did great in recruiting and if we have dead weight, it should go. Gregory should go for the ILB play this year combined with mediocre recruiting.

Bush should go for the offense sucking.

Adams and Huff should both go for poor coaching and development if their units aren’t good this year.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter

Gladstone said:

"Simplistic"

Tui, of course.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter
    Gotta be honest, I missed Dennis losing his shit on people. It's fun.