Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Chip Long for OC WTF???

Sonics saying there's been mutual interest. I can't watch Notre Dame because I reject indulgences. Would we want this guy?

Comments

• Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Hiring Notre Dame scraps. That's never gone poorly for us before.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Didn’t Clemson shut them out? Fucking babushka our at least some points against bamer
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,925
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Saw AcropJr is teasing changes on both sides of the ball and seems to know who the main targets are. Kim also pretending he knows but "cant say".Any insight, @sonics1993 ?
  • Options
    NoWarningJustDawgNoWarningJustDawg Member Posts: 1,000
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter

Saw AcropJr is teasing changes on both sides of the ball and seems to know who the main targets are. Kim also pretending he knows but "cant say".Any insight, @sonics1993 ?

Sounds like it's getting crazy in chat!
    Is Chip Kelly going to be a disaster at Oregon? SE is 80, no, 81%! sure Mora will be the next coach? Is it fine to fail at recruiting OL because of next year's bumper crop? IS Oregon gonna get hammered by NCAA?

I can't wait to find out the next big news from DM! EWIWBI
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,925
    Standard Supporter

1. Kim knows nothing and is just bullshitting by saying I can't say
    2. OC, heard a few names that intrigue Jimmy but don't think he narrowed down who he wants
    3. Bob is the person who could be gone on the other side of the ball but it's not a down deal like Bush
    If there was a random college head football coach looking for an OC this off season, who might be some names that would intrigue saidcrandom coach?
  • Options
    SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,824
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

I know every move that will happen this offseason, I'm just sworn to secrecy. I don't want to burn sources.

We also have 22 silent commits for the 2021 class. I can't say who they are though. You'll find out anytime between now and December next year.
    Thx 😘
  • Options
    FireCohen said:

Didn’t Clemson shut them out? Fucking babushka our at least some points against bamer

Some ND fans say the real problem is their OL coach, not the OC; the OC is leaving because the HC won't allow him to find a better OL coach (HC & OL coach have been friends for years).
  • Options
    EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

1. Kim knows nothing and is just bullshitting by saying I can't say
    2. OC, heard a few names that intrigue Jimmy but don't think he narrowed down who he wants
    3. Bob is the person who could be gone on the other side of the ball but it's not a down deal like Bush

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

FireCohen said:

Some ND fans say the real problem is their OL coach, not the OC; the OC is leaving because the HC won't allow him to find a better OL coach (HC & OL coach have been friends for years).
    Wasn’t Denbrock the Notre Dame OL coach for years?
  • Options

FireCohen said:

Wasn’t Denbrock the Notre Dame OL coach for years?
    Don't recall but Jeff Quinn is the guy now and the ND fans whose posts I read said NDs O has been lackluster since he got that job... and that he is the problem with the O, not the OC.
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dnc said:

Hiring Gerald Alexander to lead the LBs and firing Bob Gregory into the sun would be like replacing a dollar store steak with a Tomahawk.

Make it fucking happen

I like GA but I’m not sure why people are so sure he can coach LBs
    This. After the disaster at ILB this year do we really want to bring in a guy who has never coached the position before? We can add GA to coach DBs while also replacing Bob with a new LB coach.
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,142
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    edited December 2019
    The Chip Long shit is funny. He's a likely finalist for the openings at both UO and UW but no matter how this goes down, dwags will laff and point if he ends up at UO and spin whatever web connects him to being an amazing hire if Lake nabs him, and vice versa. In reality there are probably a dozen better realistic options(who? I don't fucking know, this vodka doesn't drink itself), but this dude is probably super safe at giving a team in this conference 35 a game. How did North Dakota score 37 a game with a QB that wouldn't be on the scout team at UW or UO?

• Options
    sonics1993sonics1993 Member Posts: 1,460

dnc said:

Hiring Gerald Alexander to lead the LBs and firing Bob Gregory into the sun would be like replacing a dollar store steak with a Tomahawk.

Make it fucking happen

I like GA but I’m not sure why people are so sure he can coach LBs
    This. After the disaster at ILB this year do we really want to bring in a guy who has never coached the position before? We can add GA to coach DBs while also replacing Bob with a new LB coach.
    Who said GA was being in to recruit LB's?