Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Chip Long for OC WTF???

124»

Comments

• Options
    WoofWoof Member Posts: 769
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Gladstone said:

Georgia is getting Milton and Zach Evans because of their success at putting RB’s in the league. It’s a school that always runs the ball and their RB’s go to the NFL and have been picked early. Elite prospects want the same thing.

Replace RB with TE and apply it to Washington. Why are we whiffing entire cycles and never winning any head-to-head elite prospect battles then? Can't agree with you.

Replace RB with DB and why aren't we absolutely cleaning up at DB?

"Simplistic"
    All I’m saying is that we would flip the fuck out if we hired Rutgers DB coach, an older white guy, in 2017. That’s what LSU did. The schools we aspire to be don’t have amazing, hotshot coaches like Crow Robot says. It’s not true. Go look at their staffs.

Changing position coaches and thinking it’s going to magically make recruiting so much better is crazy. We are going to continue to get classes that rank 10th-20th.

Our TE’s aren’t household names like Todd Gurley, Nick Chubb, and Sonny Michel. I bet most high school kids have no idea who Drew Sample and Will Dissly are until our coaches talk to recruits about them.
    I completely agree. I keep seeing the "LSU would never stand for this" argument and yet LSU's offense was an abortion for the last 15 years before Orgeron stumbled upon Joe Brady, even with WRs like OBJ and Landry.

Michigan's offense is horrible
    Alabama hasnt made a clutch kick in decades
    USC, lol
    Texas hasn't had decent coaching since the Mack Brown era
    Georgia's offense sucks so bad it ran off Justin Fields

All of these bluebloods tolerate shitty coaching, because it is way harder to find good coaching than it is to get a good salesman.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,997
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

Georgia is getting Milton and Zach Evans because of their success at putting RB’s in the league. It’s a school that always runs the ball and their RB’s go to the NFL and have been picked early. Elite prospects want the same thing.

It’s so simplistic to think recruits go to a school because of a position coach. Yes, the better they are at selling the school helps, but it’s crazy how much some care about position coaches. I doubt any other fan base cares as much about assistants as Husky fans.

If we were churning out high draft picks at RB, the elite ones would want to come here too. We haven’t done that and so we don’t get the attention from the elite RB’s. It’s not a hard concept to grasp.

Adams saved our ass last year at wr talent wise getting puka. To think it doesn’t matter that much is putting your your head in the sand. Same with Strausser on the oline. He was next to worthless bringing in talent. There’s a balance between recruiting and coaching As strausser seemed to do a good job on the coaching part.

We are not Georgia or Bama where we have a hotbed of talent within a few hours of campus and are going to get a top 10 class no matter what. There are typically massive drop offs in talent if we don’t hit on our top targets.

Certain coaches don’t help offer much in recruiting and if they are not an elite X’s and O’s Guy like coach Kwat what value are are they providing? I want a staff full of jimmy lakes Gerald Alexander’s and a few coach Kwats to balance it out. If you don’t have assistants like that why in the world would you be complacent. Those guys are difference makers. If you don’t have a difference maker in that position go find someone who is. It’s not like uw is cheap vs other programs on the west coast with regards to budgets for coaches. There’s not a shortage of people that would come here.
    Im all for upgrades to the coaching staff. I was just pointing out that some of the bullshit and myths that are accepted as common knowledge, are bullshit.

We were recruiting Puka the whole time. When he didn’t sign early, we focused on him and got him at the the February signing day. Great get by Adams and the staff. He is recruiting bette than Lubick too.
    Adams landed probably the best wr class out west. So in one season it can make a huge difference vs what Lubick was doing. We are still paying the price for pease’s incompetence that they let go on.

Now the fact that ddy and his minions complained about the hires of Malloe Adams and huff is pretty hilarious. They are some of our best recruiting coaches thus far. Yes they would have gone ape shit over hiring a white retread dB coach. Completely agree.

But if we don’t think removing dead weight from the staff matters all that much I completely disagree.

Gregory has to go in that regard because he provides little value in any capacity for what he gets paid. Pao Pao doesn’t really offer much. Bonahpha doesn’t seem to try all that hard but I could be wrong. I am the most lenient with him but my gut tells me we could do better.
    Adams did great in recruiting and if we have dead weight, it should go. Gregory should go for the ILB play this year combined with mediocre recruiting.

Bush should go for the offense sucking.

Adams and Huff should both go for poor coaching and development if their units aren’t good this year.
    Agreed. If you can’t coach with the talent acquired you are just as worthless.