Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

What a cool year for my portfolio man

MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
edited December 2019 in Tug Tavern
Stocks. Real estate.

Imagine wanting a recession because you lost to a person you think is mean. Sad!

Comments

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,474 Founders Club
    Revenue doubled this year

Think I'll vote for Warren
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,851
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,084 Standard Supporter
    The dems want to fix that for you...
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 36,911 Founders Club
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter
    Don't spike the football, dick
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    Yea but the defecit
  • RubberfistRubberfist Member Posts: 1,373
    You must have LOVED Obama.

Hint: presidents have very little impact on the markets.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,851
    GDS said:

S&P 500 tripled from ‘09 to ‘17 but hey the 35% rise while Trump has been in office ain’t bad I guess...

Well first Obama tanked the economy. Then it came back to normal jackass
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457

GDS said:

S&P 500 tripled from ‘09 to ‘17 but hey the 35% rise while Trump has been in office ain’t bad I guess...

Lol Obama's was inaugurated in January of 09. The bottom of the market was March 09. So yes those two months he killed it. Literally.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781

Thanks for making my point....

Imagine wanting a recession because you think someone is mean....
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457

Thanks for making my point....

Imagine wanting a recession because you think someone is mean....
    Who hear has said they want a recession?
    You know the economy is good when the left says the president of the other party has nothing to do with it

I remember when Obama saved the nation and stopped the great depression

Good times
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,364 Founders Club

You know the economy is good when the left says the president of the other party has nothing to do with it

I remember when Obama saved the nation and stopped the great depression

Good times

I also believe that sea levels normalized as well
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,941 Founders Club

GDS said:

We can debate his policy responses, but Obama wasn’t POTUS when the economy tanked.
  • SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,942

GDS said:

We can debate his policy responses, but Obama wasn’t POTUS when the economy tanked.
    Which of the things that leftists love to cite as the cause(s) of the recession did Obama oppose? And you're correct, he wasn't President when the economy tanked but he was President for the anemic recovery and his policies were directly responsible for that.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,084 Standard Supporter
    SFGbob said:

GDS said:

Which of the things that leftists love to cite as the cause(s) of the recession did Obama oppose? And you're correct, he wasn't President when the economy tanked but he was President for the anemic recovery and his policies were directly responsible for that.
    But it was Democrat policies that caused the housing bubble and massive collapse.
  • SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,942
    Sledog said:

SFGbob said:

GDS said:

But it was Democrat policies that caused the housing bubble and massive collapse.
    Liberals are heavily invested in dismissing the idea that their policies had anything to do with the housing bubble and collapse. Wall Street is to blame, not the government.
    SFGbob said:

Sledog said:

SFGbob said:

GDS said:

Liberals are heavily invested in dismissing the idea that their policies had anything to do with the housing bubble and collapse. Wall Street is to blame, not the government.
    Occupy Wall Street helped Obama

After 8 years of collecting Wall Street cash Obama's big claim was the stock market

Some would find irony in that