Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Odds of Tre’Shaun Harrison transferring to UW?

Comments

• Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Get athletically gifted players nogaf if they’re here to play school.
  • Options
    PenacePenace Member Posts: 494
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Is this guy good? I kinda remember him looking like a smooth little athlete but certainly nothing that made me fucking ooze.
  • Options
    jhfstyle24jhfstyle24 Member Posts: 3,255
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Penace said:

Is this guy good? I kinda remember him looking like a smooth little athlete but certainly nothing that made me fucking ooze.

He was shifty as hell and ran a 4.3 in high school. Could have been amazing at RB or safety, wanted to play WR, Lubick fucked us. He was really fucking good.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Penace said:

He was shifty as hell and ran a 4.3 in high school. Could have been amazing at RB or safety, wanted to play WR, Lubick fucked us. He was really fucking good.
    There’s nothing that suggests he’s a good WR at this point

I’m fine if we can get him but there’s no guarantee that he will ever be a difference maker
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
  • Options

Lol ok teq!

Show me the evidence that says he will be an assured difference maker ...

As someone else pointed out, his numbers so far are pedestrian and largely accumulated against the type of schools that we chide guys like Fuller and Opera Singer for doing well against.

He’s clearly a solid athlete and has a chance to be a good player.

When he was in HS and it became clear he wanted to be a WR, I didn’t see it on his film. He looked like a good RB and could have been special as a S ...

I’d be much more interested if coming to UW meant that he was spending his transfer year learning the S position
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,980
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Tequilla said:

Lol ok teq!

As someone else pointed out, his numbers so far are pedestrian and largely accumulated against the type of schools that we chide guys like Fuller and Opera Singer for doing well against.

When he was in HS and it became clear he wanted to be a WR, I didn’t see it on his film. He looked like a good RB and could have been special as a S ...

I’d be much more interested if coming to UW meant that he was spending his transfer year learning the S position
    He could have been recruited to do all the same things trey Lowe would do. But we felt it necessary to give that opportunity to the midget who quit.

Due to our lack of playmakers on offense in the years leading up to his class it was stupid to not offer him.

Not saying he will be amazing so don’t twist. But yes we should make room for him should he want to come. We don’t seem to be closing that great so it could be a blessing.
  • Options

Tequilla said:

Lol ok teq!

He could have been recruited to do all the same things trey Lowe would do. But we felt it necessary to give that opportunity to the midget who quit.

Due to our lack of playmakers on offense in the years leading up to his class it was stupid to not offer him.

Not saying he will be amazing so don’t twist. But yes we should make room for him should he want to come. We don’t seem to be closing that great so it could be a blessing.
    Lowe was another guy that I didn’t like his WR film as much as I liked him at RB
  • Options
    haie said:

Gee I dunno if we should take him at receiver. We're putting up 20 points a game with an NFL quarterback that only had 2 real options this year one of which was a hybrid tight end.

None of this means that Harrison is a solution at the position

Barring a waiver he won’t be in a position to play with Eason and there’s no guarantee that he won’t be buried in the depth chart vs guys currently on the roster and/or coming in this or next year’s recruiting classes.

So while I’m fine with seeing if there is a fit, acting like he’s a no brainer to be a contributor is just flat wrong. If he wasn’t a local kid that many here feel was a major miss by us (I’m not sure how much of one it was) ... nobody would give two seconds to this and likely would say to use the scholarship on another 2020 kid
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,183
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    NEsnake12 said:

Very high.

Scott sounds racist as fuck saying that Treshaun has a bad attitude and couldn’t get into UW. He just makes this shit up lol.

Will he be eligible in 2020 since Willie got fired?
    He’ll have to waiver but it’ll likely be approved because of the head coach departure
    Only white kids have to sit
  • Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,091
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I keep coming back to this thread for Silmaril hot talk and am continually let down.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,898
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Yea, this thread sux. I love you fudgie but I’m gonna start callin you Ballz deux.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

haie said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Shut the fuck up Tequila...

So yeah Tre’shaun is coming to UW

For what?

Saying that academics matter at UW?

Hate to break it to you but it’s part of the culture of the football program and a really good optics item to maintaining strong support by upper campus

That may mean jack shit to you but it’s highly important
    Win. Get talent who cares? That’s what the whole B4L shit is for anyways...
    Yeah ... upper campus ain’t buying that logic

Don’t be confused that upper campus recognizes the advertising arm that athletics play for UW

But they want that advertising to be good press

They are massively adverse to bad press ... and it’s the fastest way for a high profile coach at UW to lose their job
    Fuck off teq. You get a mix of kids. It’s not like every talented kid is an academic risk. You can take a few.

Stop being a fucking idiot
    You should pay attention to what I said ...

I have ZERO ISSUE taking a mix of kids ... not everybody has to be on the top end of the academic spectrum

That doesn’t mean you sacrifice the fundamentals of the program and say fuck academics ... not going to happen

If you want a program that is going to be a win at all costs mentality you should go relook at a different program
    No one is saying that though? You’ve created a strawman
    Here’s what I’ve said in this thread that you are telling me to fuck off to ...

1) Education matters and is part of our program culture

2) We shouldn’t compromise focusing on education for a win at all costs mentality

3) We have tremendous educational support resources

4) We can be better at taking kids that are more of an academic risk and supporting them with our educational support infrastructure provided that those kids are invested in taking advantage of those opportunities

5) We should pass on kids that have no desire to play school as these kids have a high risk of compromising the program’s culture and high attrition risks

None of this should be that controversial
    Education matters to those of us that received and used the education at UW. For the players just let them fake their Jackson School degrees and stop the bullshit

For football we should absolutely compromise our standards to get the athletes in.

We're some wishy washy in-between right now which is pathetic because we're not Stanford or Cal.

Our brand is vanilla shit at the moment which needs to change.
    Fucking this.

Fuck ever being anything like Stanford
    On field I love them, WGAF off field. When you were still ridding around in your daddy’s ball sack, Washington was once called mercenaries
    By the Stanford coach.

Things losers who can't beat winners say.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

It does no good to take a student athlete that will not be successful in the classroom at UW ... it’s essentially ensuring attrition

That said we have strong education support in place ... so we shouldn’t be passing on kids just because they need the support either

It’s a delicate line to walk ...

But if a kid essentially tells us he isn’t here to play school ... that’s largely a pass for me

Good lord. It's like you have no idea what the Washington I attended was like.

They are two different things entirely.

The last Rose Bowl winning team at Washington was loaded with kids who were not there to play school.

Washington started becoming soft the second they started acting like a poor man's Cal.

If you want to be elite in football, you have to be flexible on this point. There are great players who are good students and a whole bunch more who aren't.

Washington ain't gonna get them all, so you do the maff.
    I was in school and knew a ton of people on that team ... so thanks for the history lesson

I’m not suggesting in any way that every player needs to be a Dean’s List candidate

What I am saying is that today’s UW isn’t going to look favorably of having news stories out there like Jerramy Stevens driving through people’s homes, guys running around assaulting people, or sexual assault. They also aren’t going to allow for any kind of narrative that suggests that players are being used for their athletic ability and that we don’t care about their education.

Basically, all the scummy shit that Oregon does are things we won’t do
    Doogy doogy dooooooooooooooooo!!!

You are so naive it's not even funny.

UW didn't look favorably on those things back then either. Gerberding hated all the shit that was going on in the football program. Tad Foote III hated everything about Miami football. I'm sure that the University of Chicago educated president of the University of Oregon isn't exactly down with the shady side of big time football. All university presidents hate big time sports.

UW isn't special in this regard. You just tell yourself that because it makes you feel more important than someone who went to school at Oregon or WSU or Arizona. You're not.

But still ....
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

haie said:

^ fucking doog that is willing to wait until Oregon becomes shitty on their own again so that UW can beat them with 3.2 tryharding.

If that is your take on what I’m saying then you need help

Some of you really need to look in the mirror at how stupid it sounds to suggest that to win at a high level requires compromising standards or values
    JFC. Welcome back Tequilla.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,443
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Bring him in. See what he can do