Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

According to doogman.com.....

13»

Comments

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

The Stanford win a week earlier was the biggest win of the Pete era.

The Oregon win just meant the most to people who would rather beat Oregon than actually have a great team.

The resident quooks are right about this. I'm surprised they're surprised though. Kim Doogolds told us this was the biggest win to his little brain a long time ago.

It really was. Kim probably still uses 70-21 with Quooks.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    SFGbob said:

TommySQC said:

Kim Grinolds is an embarrassment. Please stop letting him speak for UW. The guy has had a hard on for Oregon going back to the matmik days for those of you that remember.

Here's what I think is Kim's deal.

He had and has no connection to Washington. He showed up here and is one of those guys who runs right out and starts joining clubs to make him feel like he's really part of the community. Almost like one of those guys who wishes he'd lived another life and had been a frat boy, so he'll try and live it out this way. Insecurity is the key personality defect. He wears it like a shirt.

He did that and created this faux UW Super Fan persona and then doubled down and tried to monetize it. Sark came along and was a wet dream because apparently Kim's enthusiasm gave him some level of pretend access. I think his Oregon thing is all part of that routine. He gets that Washington and Oregon have beef and so as to make himself appear even more legitimate, he goes all in on the Oregon shit. I mean, Derek writes fucking books about Washington football ... actual published fucking books ... and I don't think Derek gets half as worked up about the Ducks or anything else.

You can almost see Kim looking around to make sure someone from the old guard is looking at him when he lays the super fan routine on thick. "See guys? I'm a real Husky just like you. It's like I've always been here!"

I think it's completely disingenuous. I've met him briefly a couple of times at Husky PR events. He's a goofy motherfucker. And good God Fetters is a disgusting pig ... he actually stinks. Like for real. I'm not just writing that. He needs help with hygiene. It's disgusting.
    Who penned that "Oregon Myth" piece? That pre-dates Sark by quite a bit. That was nothing more than a way to sooth the anxiety that Oregon was catching up to UW and about to pass them by.
    @PhilBleenor
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited December 2019
    SFGbob said:

TommySQC said:

Kim Grinolds is an embarrassment. Please stop letting him speak for UW. The guy has had a hard on for Oregon going back to the matmik days for those of you that remember.

He had and has no connection to Washington. He showed up here and is one of those guys who runs right out and starts joining clubs to make him feel like he's really part of the community. Almost like one of those guys who wishes he'd lived another life and had been a frat boy, so he'll try and live it out this way. Insecurity is the key personality defect. He wears it like a shirt.

He did that and created this faux UW Super Fan persona and then doubled down and tried to monetize it. Sark came along and was a wet dream because apparently Kim's enthusiasm gave him some level of pretend access. I think his Oregon thing is all part of that routine. He gets that Washington and Oregon have beef and so as to make himself appear even more legitimate, he goes all in on the Oregon shit. I mean, Derek writes fucking books about Washington football ... actual published fucking books ... and I don't think Derek gets half as worked up about the Ducks or anything else.

You can almost see Kim looking around to make sure someone from the old guard is looking at him when he lays the super fan routine on thick. "See guys? I'm a real Husky just like you. It's like I've always been here!"

I think it's completely disingenuous. I've met him briefly a couple of times at Husky PR events. He's a goofy motherfucker. And good God Fetters is a disgusting pig ... he actually stinks. Like for real. I'm not just writing that. He needs help with hygiene. It's disgusting.
    Who penned that "Oregon Myth" piece? That pre-dates Sark by quite a bit. That was nothing more than a way to sooth the anxiety that Oregon was catching up to UW and about to pass them by.
    My comments are more focused on Kim.

I'll put it this way. I attended Washington and grew up on the west side of the mountains. I know about as many Husky fans as is possible for one person to know. They span the socio-economic and sophistication spectrum. Believe me. Of all the Husky fans I know, one of the ways I could split them up is by which P12 team they hate the most.

Group A. Mostly much older people who don't obsess over cfb on a national level, and who don't spend (waste) their entire Saturdays watching games, and who don't follow recruiting online or give a shit about anything other than Washington and the Rose Bowl. For them, winning the Apple Cup really matters. They tend to be a little clueless about the national stage and thus don't know or care that nobody outside the PNW cares about the Apple Cup or know what it is. They're also not overly worked up about Oregon. This is most of my wife's family.

Group B. Tend to be younger than Group A, but plenty of exceptions. Tend to be more sophisticated about cfb nationally and think about Washington in terms of where they fit nationally. They know who's actually good and who isn't. They follow recruiting to varying degrees. Group B knows Cuog is Cuog and (rightfully) expects to beat them but they want more. Much more. Nobody I know in Group A lost sleep when Jonathan Stewart chose Oregon over Washington; everyone I knew in Group B was livid af. These people suffered so greatly during the Duckade that they had to take an emotional break from Washington football.

Tl;dr version: Older regional people who like going to Husky games no matter what and have loved Washington since they were kids and who don't obsess over cfb care about the Apple Cup and don't stress about Oregon; younger, less provincial people who want Washington to be a national cfb power view Oregon as a zero-sum game. Good for Oregon means bad for Washington, and vice versa.
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

TommySQC said:

My comments are more focused on Kim.

I'll put it this way. I attended Washington and grew up on the west side of the mountains. I know about as many Husky fans as is possible for one person to know. They span the socio-economic and sophistication spectrum. Believe me. Of all the Husky fans I know, one of the ways I could split them up is by which P12 team they hate the most.

Group A. Mostly much older people who don't obsess over cfb on a national level, and who don't spend (waste) their entire Saturdays watching games, and who don't follow recruiting online or give a shit about anything other than Washington and the Rose Bowl. For them, winning the Apple Cup really matters. They tend to be a little clueless about the national stage and thus don't know or care that nobody outside the PNW cares about the Apple Cup or know what it is. They're also not overly worked up about Oregon. This is most of my wife's family.

Group B. Tend to be younger than Group A, but plenty of exceptions. Tend to be more sophisticated about cfb nationally and think about Washington in terms of where they fit nationally. They know who's actually good and who isn't. They follow recruiting to varying degrees. Group B knows Cuog is Cuog and (rightfully) expects to beat them but they want more. Much more. Nobody I know in Group A lost sleep when Jonathan Stewart chose Oregon over Washington; everyone I knew in Group B was livid af. These people suffered so greatly during the Duckade that they had to take an emotional break from Washington football.

Tl;dr version: Older regional people who like going to Husky games no matter what and have loved Washington since they were kids and who don't obsess over cfb care about the Apple Cup and don't stress about Oregon; younger, less provincial people who want Washington to be a national cfb power view Oregon as a zero-sum game. Good for Oregon means bad for Washington, and vice versa.
    That describes a number of schools fan bases. Of the people who actually attend the games I wonder what percentage of that group follows recruiting. I used to be in Group B. I'd put myself now somewhere between Group A and Group B.