Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

According to doogman.com.....

Comments

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

haie said:

Or the Pac 12 sucks and beating Colorado and Utah is nothing to get excited about

Beating Stanford and Oregon to win the north will always matter more

Your best win this year was in Seattle

And you know it

It really wasn’t. Oregon had the North all but locked up before that game. The Utah game was Oregon’s best win by a long shot, because it was one of the only games this year where Oregon was effective on both sides of the ball.
    qpotd

It really was.
    I’d rather lose to Washington and win the PAC 12 championship than beat Washington and lose the PAC 12 championship. It’s hard!
    Washington has lost to Oregon 2 of their last three titles

We live it
    Exactly, which brings us back to my point about how doogish it was for Kim to claim 70-21 was Pete's greatest victory in the Washington era.
    Kim is a doog and a full-blown retard. Everyone knows that.
  • Options
    PandaOrangeChiknDuckPandaOrangeChiknDuck Member Posts: 545
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited December 2019

dnc said:

The Stanford win a week earlier was the biggest win of the Pete era.

The Oregon win just meant the most to people who would rather beat Oregon than actually have a great team.

The resident quooks are right about this. I'm surprised they're surprised though. Kim Doogolds told us this was the biggest win to his little brain a long time ago.

After 12 straight losses to follow up a Stanford win with another loss to Oregon would have ruined the magical run to a play off loss. Oregon didn't mail it in until after 70-21. And 70-21 on the road after 12 straight losses? Come on man, fuck Grinolds, that was big

Had we beat Bama this discussion would be closed. Or maybe USC
    If you're saying for that season, sure, I'll buy that. But it's by no means the greatest win of the Pete Washington era, which is what Kim is supposedly arguing.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,331
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

The Oregon win just meant the most to people who would rather beat Oregon than actually have a great team.

The resident quooks are right about this. I'm surprised they're surprised though. Kim Doogolds told us this was the biggest win to his little brain a long time ago.

After 12 straight losses to follow up a Stanford win with another loss to Oregon would have ruined the magical run to a play off loss. Oregon didn't mail it in until after 70-21. And 70-21 on the road after 12 straight losses? Come on man, fuck Grinolds, that was big

If you're saying for that season, sure, I'll buy that. But it's by no means the greatest win of the Pete Washington era, which is what Kim is supposedly arguing.
    Well that was the greatest season

He doesn't have big wins

Any of the three major bowls would qualify

We play shit non conference teams and Pac 12 teams
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,481
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

dnc said:

I agree it was big. I just think Stanford was bigger. That team at least had a pulse.
    But we didn't beat Costello. Didn't mean as much to me.

We humiliated Oregon and they weren't used to that.

Let's face it we didn't beat anyone to win the North that year, because the deciding game was in Pullman.
  • Options
    TheBounceLivesTheBounceLives Member Posts: 42
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    haie said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

I agree it was big. I just think Stanford was bigger. That team at least had a pulse.
    But we didn't beat Costello. Didn't mean as much to me.

We humiliated Oregon and they weren't used to that.

Let's face it we didn't beat anyone to win the North that year, because the deciding game was in Pullman.
    Wrong. We were used to it by that point. Did you not see what Utah did to us at home in 2015?
  • Options
    MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405

Or the Pac 12 sucks and beating Colorado and Utah is nothing to get excited about

And you know it

It absolutely wasn’t.

• Options

dnc said:

The worst Oregon team in 30 years, rather easily.

Oregon did to Washington what you did to us? About 15 times.

Who fucking cares.

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,331
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Sounds like you do

A lot
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

Who fucking cares.

UW's first performance on the road that year they barely beat the worst team in the conference in OT. Oregon had lost to Colorado and didn't have a VaJ to employ this time but it was a still a big game until about 35-7 or so. Once the camera panned to @oregonblitzkrieg putting his face in his hands after the second Browning TD I kicked my feet up with another Ninkasi Quook Tears IPA.
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,515
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    haie said:

dnc said:

Who fucking cares.

UW's first performance on the road that year they barely beat the worst team in the conference in OT. Oregon had lost to Colorado and didn't have a VaJ to employ this time but it was a still a big game until about 35-7 or so. Once the camera panned to @oregonblitzkrieg putting his face in his hands after the second Browning TD I kicked my feet up with another Ninkasi Quook Tears IPA.
    Jfc
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

And you know it

It absolutely wasn’t.

What was then?

Blowing out an SC that doesn't care anymore?

Beating Stanford?

Cal without Garbers?

OSU without Luton?

Colorado is who shit?

Barely squeaking by Cuog at home because LeachFS gifted you time and a shit defense at the end?

Moral victory over Auburn?

Graduating Huhbert after blowing out MWesttingham?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    ntxduck said:

haie said:

dnc said:

Who fucking cares.

Jfc
    Always funny when quooks "thank" us for that game and then I get reactions like yours.
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    haie said:

And you know it

It absolutely wasn’t.

What was then?

Beating Stanford?

Cal without Garbers?

OSU without Luton?

Colorado is who shit?

Barely squeaking by Cuog at home because LeachFS gifted you time and a shit defense at the end?

Getting your ass kicked by Cal at home, Stanford, Colorado, and Oregon again at home. Losing 5 Conference games, 3 at home, against a shitty PAC-12. The best thing to happen to you this season was your coach quitting.

You better hope this new guy can be a decent head coach or you're returning to crap fest you were before Peterson made you mediocre
  • Options

Sounds like you do

A lot

What a shocking and unpredictable response.

In this thread a bunch of doogs telling Oregon fans what we should be excited about.
  • Options
    haie said:

ntxduck said:

haie said:

dnc said:

Who fucking cares.

Jfc
    Always funny when quooks "thank" us for that game and then I get reactions like yours.
    Thanks again, btw.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    SFGbob said:

haie said:

And you know it

It absolutely wasn’t.

What was then?

Beating Stanford?

Cal without Garbers?

OSU without Luton?

Colorado is who shit?

Getting your ass kicked by Cal at home, Stanford, Colorado, and Oregon again at home. Losing 5 Conference games, 3 at home, against a shitty PAC-12. The best thing to happen to you this season was your coach quitting.

You better hope this new guy can be a decent head coach or you're returning to crap fest you were before Peterson made you mediocre
    I asked a simple question.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

ntxduck said:

haie said:

dnc said:

Who fucking cares.

Jfc
    Thanks again, btw.
    Don't forget to thank Beavlet too!
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

TommySQC said:

Kim Grinolds is an embarrassment. Please stop letting him speak for UW. The guy has had a hard on for Oregon going back to the matmik days for those of you that remember.

Here's what I think is Kim's deal.

He had and has no connection to Washington. He showed up here and is one of those guys who runs right out and starts joining clubs to make him feel like he's really part of the community. Almost like one of those guys who wishes he'd lived another life and had been a frat boy, so he'll try and live it out this way. Insecurity is the key personality defect. He wears it like a shirt.

He did that and created this faux UW Super Fan persona and then doubled down and tried to monetize it. Sark came along and was a wet dream because apparently Kim's enthusiasm gave him some level of pretend access. I think his Oregon thing is all part of that routine. He gets that Washington and Oregon have beef and so as to make himself appear even more legitimate, he goes all in on the Oregon shit. I mean, Derek writes fucking books about Washington football ... actual published fucking books ... and I don't think Derek gets half as worked up about the Ducks or anything else.

You can almost see Kim looking around to make sure someone from the old guard is looking at him when he lays the super fan routine on thick. "See guys? I'm a real Husky just like you. It's like I've always been here!"

I think it's completely disingenuous. I've met him briefly a couple of times at Husky PR events. He's a goofy motherfucker. And good God Fetters is a disgusting pig ... he actually stinks. Like for real. I'm not just writing that. He needs help with hygiene. It's disgusting.
    Who penned that "Oregon Myth" piece? That pre-dates Sark by quite a bit. That was nothing more than a way to sooth the anxiety that Oregon was catching up to UW and about to pass them by.