Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

According to doogman.com.....

The greatest win of the Peterson era was destroying a 4-8 Helfrich team.

Discuss.

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,341
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Pretty much

Beating Colorado and Utah in the CCG seemed routine
  • Options
    PandaOrangeChiknDuckPandaOrangeChiknDuck Member Posts: 545
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited December 2019
    Beat Oregon nothing else matters POTD.

I hate the big brother, little brother, back and forth. But nothing screams little brother syndrome more than claiming the greatest victory of a two time Pac 12 championship era coach was a 70-21 victory over a team that had a sub .500 record.
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,515
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Got helfrich fired and cut about 2-3 years off Oregon’s rebuild. Thanks Pete!
  • Options

Or the Pac 12 sucks and beating Colorado and Utah is nothing to get excited about

Beating Stanford and Oregon to win the north will always matter more

Your best win this year was in Seattle

And you know it

It really wasn’t. Oregon had the North all but locked up before that game. The Utah game was Oregon’s best win by a long shot, because it was one of the only games this year where Oregon was effective on both sides of the ball.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,484
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Or the Pac 12 sucks and beating Colorado and Utah is nothing to get excited about

And you know it

It really wasn’t. Oregon had the North all but locked up before that game. The Utah game was Oregon’s best win by a long shot, because it was one of the only games this year where Oregon was effective on both sides of the ball.
    qpotd

It really was.
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,515
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    haie said:

And you know it

qpotd

It really was.
    Agree with @haie . Brb gonna kill myself
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Nobody should be ashamed, either side of the debate, for the importance of beating the other.

The Washington/Oregon rivalry has emerged as the very best in the west, and it's not close. The games have had meaning for each team's season, there have been some historic tilts, they are clearly the two power programs in the PNW and are very significant players in the conference. Plus, the vitriol and passion involved in this rivalry is the closest thing we? have to southern football rivalry, or an OSU/Michigan-type rivalry, in the West.

People are starting to pay attention to this rivlary on a national level as well. Outside of the PNW, nobody cares or is even aware of the Apple Cup or Civil War.

"Beat [Washington][Oregon], nothing else matters" is a real thing and completely justified. Both programs competing for titles and serious bowls and talent and resources. It is what it is.
  • Options
    TheironshiekTheironshiek Member Posts: 167
    5 Awesomes First Comment Name Dropper 5 Up Votes
    Well it certainly wasn’t that one bowl win. Again thinks for helping us speed up the rebuild.
  • Options
    haie said:

And you know it

qpotd

It really was.
    I’d rather lose to Washington and win the PAC 12 championship than beat Washington and lose the PAC 12 championship. It’s hard!
  • Options
    PandaOrangeChiknDuckPandaOrangeChiknDuck Member Posts: 545
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited December 2019

haie said:

And you know it

qpotd

It really was.
    I’d rather lose to Washington and win the PAC 12 championship than beat Washington and lose the PAC 12 championship. It’s hard!
    Washington has lost to Oregon 2 of their last three titles

We live it
    Exactly, which brings us back to my point about how doogish it was for Kim to claim 70-21 was Pete's greatest victory in the Washington era.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,341
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

And you know it

qpotd

It really was.

We live it
    Exactly, which brings us back to my point about how doogish it was for Kim to claim 70-21 was Pete's greatest victory in the Washington era.
    But my point that it probably was stands

because I am always right
  • Options

haie said:

And you know it

qpotd

It really was.

We live it
    But my point that it probably was stands

because I am always right
    I won't dispute that
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,616
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

And you know it

qpotd

It really was.

We live it
    NOGAF what Kim thinks or says aside from the handful of Ty and Sark doogs still lingering there.
  • Options
    chuck said:

haie said:

And you know it

qpotd

It really was.

We live it
    NOGAF what Kim thinks or says aside from the handful of Ty and Sark doogs still lingering there.
    Little brother syndrome isn't broad, it's group by group or person by person. My point being, Doogman and it's community is infected with little brother syndrome, just like the educk community to the other spectrum. I wasn't tying the people here to that. I was making what I thought was an obvious assessment of Kim and the rest of Doogman, nothing more nothing less.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    The Stanford win a week earlier was the biggest win of the Pete era.

The Oregon win just meant the most to people who would rather beat Oregon than actually have a great team.

The resident quooks are right about this. I'm surprised they're surprised though. Kim Doogolds told us this was the biggest win to his little brain a long time ago.

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

dnc said:

The Stanford win a week earlier was the biggest win of the Pete era.

The Oregon win just meant the most to people who would rather beat Oregon than actually have a great team.

The resident quooks are right about this. I'm surprised they're surprised though. Kim Doogolds told us this was the biggest win to his little brain a long time ago.

After 12 straight losses to follow up a Stanford win with another loss to Oregon would have ruined the magical run to a play off loss. Oregon didn't mail it in until after 70-21. And 70-21 on the road after 12 straight losses? Come on man, fuck Grinolds, that was big

Had we beat Bama this discussion would be closed. Or maybe USC
    I agree it was big. I just think Stanford was bigger. That team at least had a pulse.