Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Best Seattle area burger joint?

Comments

• 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,526 Swaye's Wigwam

I feel like you're into way different burgers than everyone else.

Different different.

Good god man! What the fuck are you talking about? You don't buy a burger based on food value of the lettuce. Iceberg has crunch and great flavor for a burger. I eat spinach and avocado all the time. Neither should never go near a hamburger.

My go-tos are either cheddar, tomato, spinach, avocado, and Gulden's brown mustard or sauteed mushrooms and onions, preferably with provolone. I pick up a side of beef and a whole pig every year, so have plenty of sausage handy to mix into the patties (it's why they call them "ham" burgers--duh!...). Usually go two pounds beef to one pound pork, 1/2 pound patties. Butter and garlic salt on the buns and toast on the grill. Never had any complaints.

• insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    Lil Woody's. Rather easily.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,987 Founders Club

I feel like you're into way different burgers than everyone else.

Different different.

Good god man! What the fuck are you talking about? You don't buy a burger based on food value of the lettuce. Iceberg has crunch and great flavor for a burger. I eat spinach and avocado all the time. Neither should never go near a hamburger.

My go-tos are either cheddar, tomato, spinach, avocado, and Gulden's brown mustard or sauteed mushrooms and onions, preferably with provolone. I pick up a side of beef and a whole pig every year, so have plenty of sausage handy to mix into the patties (it's why they call them "ham" burgers--duh!...). Usually go two pounds beef to one pound pork, 1/2 pound patties. Butter and garlic salt on the buns and toast on the grill. Never had any complaints.

I make a mean meat loaf that is 50/50 beef and pork.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

I agree on Great State. If you're down in Tacoma, hit Red Wagon Burgers in Westgate.

I’m gonna try it out. I work out by there.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781

Well, I have a new fave. Great State Burger kicks to shit out of any other hamburger I've had in Seattle. I went to the one across the street from Varlamos in Laurelhurst.

But do they have the coldest beer in town?

Actually, I've been there once and thought it was good, if not overpriced.

When going for burgers, the choice is usually dictated by the Glovelets.

Red Mill seems to be their favorite, Rain City is next. Dicks is always in the rotation for a quick bite.

Uneeda is really good, but that is usually driven by the adults.

Little Big Burger is great, best fries.

You sound poor
    edited December 2019

I have a rule with my food: It must contain food and be worth the hassle. Iceberg lettuce doesn't and isn't, so all it adds to a burger is heightened odds of making a mess. Spinach, avocado, sauteed mushrooms and/or onions are all acceptable options. Worth the inevitable feeling like you need to take a shower after eating because you're up to your elbows in burger gore.

Also, bun makes a huge difference. Gimme a garlic rosemary ciabatta toasted with butter to make it perfect.

Oh, and cut the hamburger 60/40 with mild sausage. Mmmmmmm.

Fuck off. Spinach? JFC. Cuck.
    I know the worst burger. Kidd valley at husky stadium. The best is the club level hamburger with cheese at husky stadium

I know the worst burger. Kidd valley at husky stadium. The best is the club level hamburger with cheese at husky stadium

It’s pretty bad. They pre make it off site.

But if you’re man and not a chuck, all you need are shitty hot dogs and a flask of whiskey.
  • 7-11 hamburger with nacho cheese and pickles.

It’s pretty bad. They pre make it off site.

But if you’re man and not a chuck, all you need are shitty hot dogs and a flask of whiskey.
    I’ve been known to be a chuck a time or two.

Only Kidd valley I had was this year at the Cal game. At about 10:00pm I sobered up and there was no line. It was a massive mistake
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,596 Standard Supporter
    Until you’ve had a double cheese, pickle, onion with hot mustard, banana cream pie and a water glass of Mountain Dew alongside John Elway, Dennis Erickson, Chris Tormey or Jake Plummer at Hudson’s in Coeur d Alene ID, you can just STFU with your wannabe burger tales.

Until you’ve had a double cheese, pickle, onion with hot mustard, banana cream pie and a water glass of Mountain Dew alongside John Elway, Dennis Erickson, Chris Tormey or Jake Plummer at Hudson’s in Coeur d Alene ID, you can just STFU with your wannabe burger tales.

ISAFNRC
  • animateanimate Member Posts: 4,236
    Well, I have no fucking clue about Seattle area burgers ... but I do have to mention that Wisconsin burger somewhere around Gonzaga is a decent burger place.
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325

I tried Great State and immediately wished I’d just gone to Dick’s and spent the $20 I saved on anything else. Overpriced and underwhelming. To be fair they had just opened, so maybe I should give them another chance next time I go to Burke Gilman Brewery.

JaK’s actually makes a pretty good burger.

Speaking of Varlamos, when was the last time anyone went there? I think it’s been like 25 years for me. But it was definitely the hot spot growing up.

#SandPointWaySuperiorityGuy

I still love Varlamos. We take the fam there all the time. It was my first meal out as a college student at UW.
    We used to go there after little league games.

I wonder if the owners wife is still hot.
  • NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,792
    Uneeda Burger in Fremont is my shit. They do a Philly burger that’s one of the best burgers I’ve ever had