Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Best Seattle area burger joint?

YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,987 Founders Club
Well, I have a new fave. Great State Burger kicks to shit out of any other hamburger I've had in Seattle. I went to the one across the street from Varlamos in Laurelhurst.

Comments

• BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346
    Nothing special.
    Actually, I've been there once and thought it was good, if not overpriced.

When going for burgers, the choice is usually dictated by the Glovelets.

Red Mill seems to be their favorite, Rain City is next. Dicks is always in the rotation for a quick bite.

Uneeda is really good, but that is usually driven by the adults.

Little Big Burger is great, best fries.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,987 Founders Club

Red Mill seems to be their favorite, Rain City is next. Dicks is always in the rotation for a quick bite.

I consider myself as good of burger as the next man. I thought it was fucking perfect in every way. Way better than any burger I've ever had at Red Mill or Rain City. Red Mill doesn't use iceberg lettuce which is a no go for me. Rain City is fine, but nothing special.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,543 Founders Club
    Dicks got some free pub on America in Color on the Smithsonian Channel
  • DoogieMcDoogersonDoogieMcDoogerson Member Posts: 2,488
    I agree on Great State. If you're down in Tacoma, hit Red Wagon Burgers in Westgate.
  • biak1biak1 Member Posts: 4,089
    Seconding Zippy’s. Tipsy Cow very good as well.
  • section8section8 Member Posts: 1,581
    Uneeda, Shake Shack, John Howie
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,424 Founders Club
    The Rusty Pelican has a great burger

I consider myself as good of burger as the next man. I thought it was fucking perfect in every way. Way better than any burger I've ever had at Red Mill or Rain City. Red Mill doesn't use iceberg lettuce which is a no go for me. Rain City is fine, but nothing special.
    I'll give Great State another shot.

Have you even Little Big Burgered yet? Greenlake and Wallingford locations. The fries!

Rain City Sounders Burger. Fucking delicious.

It's about the sides too.

Red Mill has the best onion rings, anywhere. Case closed.

At Rain City go with the Cajun tots and Rain City sauce.

As mentioned, the fries at Little Big Burger are orgasmic.
    section8 said:

Fuck Shake Shack with a rusty conical cheese grater. Why? The second and last time I went there, the fries were room temp. I complained, got the attitudinal shrug, and another serving of fucking room temp fries. It's hard.
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,163

Red Mill is crap. Their thin, frozen patties look and taste like they're straight from the freezer isle.
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,163

section8 said:

Fuck Shake Shack with a rusty conical cheese grater. Why? The second and last time I went there, the fries were room temp. I complained, got the attitudinal shrug, and another serving of fucking room temp fries. It's hard.
    Shake Shack has trash fries that might as well come out of the microwave. But best burger out there hands down.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Red Mill is crap. Their thin, frozen patties look and taste like they're straight from the freezer isle.
    *I'll
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,526 Swaye's Wigwam

I consider myself as good of burger as the next man.

Red Mill doesn't use iceberg lettuce which is a no go for me.

I have a rule with my food: It must contain food and be worth the hassle. Iceberg lettuce doesn't and isn't, so all it adds to a burger is heightened odds of making a mess. Spinach, avocado, sauteed mushrooms and/or onions are all acceptable options. Worth the inevitable feeling like you need to take a shower after eating because you're up to your elbows in burger gore.

Also, bun makes a huge difference. Gimme a garlic rosemary ciabatta toasted with butter to make it perfect.

Oh, and cut the hamburger 60/40 with mild sausage. Mmmmmmm.

• ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    I tried Great State and immediately wished I’d just gone to Dick’s and spent the $20 I saved on anything else. Overpriced and underwhelming. To be fair they had just opened, so maybe I should give them another chance next time I go to Burke Gilman Brewery.

JaK’s actually makes a pretty good burger.

Speaking of Varlamos, when was the last time anyone went there? I think it’s been like 25 years for me. But it was definitely the hot spot growing up.

#SandPointWaySuperiorityGuy
  • DoogieMcDoogersonDoogieMcDoogerson Member Posts: 2,488
    I feel like you're into way different burgers than everyone else.

I consider myself as good of burger as the next man.

Red Mill doesn't use iceberg lettuce which is a no go for me.

I have a rule with my food: It must contain food and be worth the hassle. Iceberg lettuce doesn't and isn't, so all it adds to a burger is heightened odds of making a mess. Spinach, avocado, sauteed mushrooms and/or onions are all acceptable options. Worth the inevitable feeling like you need to take a shower after eating because you're up to your elbows in burger gore.

Also, bun makes a huge difference. Gimme a garlic rosemary ciabatta toasted with butter to make it perfect.

Oh, and cut the hamburger 60/40 with mild sausage. Mmmmmmm.