Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

First major couch drops

12346»

Comments

• Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Outside of Wellington and Manu, this staff has developed players.
    Fuller, Pounds and Opera don’t count
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,000
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

Tequilla said:

All you need to know about Cade is that he by far was the leading snap earner on the team of any "skill" position player ... so whatever you want to say about him it's clear that he has an insane amount of trust from the coaches and is considered a critical part of the offense.

As others have mentioned, he's a good inline blocker ... although not in the Sample/Dissly mold. I actually think he's been significantly under utilized in the passing game as he should be getting 3-5 looks per game with really simple play action type passes. There's not really any area of his game that is a weakness. He will continue to be a very vital part of the offense in 2020.

The big issue that I see going into 2020 is that there's essentially ZERO depth at the position and a ton of opportunity for any young player coming in to get playing time. Redman is almost assuredly going to be playing as a true freshman. I could see Yary if he was to commit to also be in line for some significant snaps as well next year.

Culp still has time for the light bulb to go on for him as he's a RS Frosh. But this will be a huge offseason for him to take a significant step forward. If he doesn't, then there's a good chance he's going to get passed.

With Kizer's back issues, it's probably not worth expecting a lot out of him going forward. Anything he provides probably is an upside at this point.

The fact that we are playing Jack Westover is a complete joke and an indictment on PAOPAO as a coach ... every time I see Westover in the game I fear that he's going to get destroyed.

Westover had some really nice blocks at FB in short yardage situations. I actually like him as a role player and I think he will continue to get better and could end up being a guy we all thought was really solid.
    This Westover seems like a player. Culp does not. That said we need more tight ends but all Westover did is contribute.

Getting yary would be a big deal.
  • Options
    EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Emoterman said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

Day 3 pick at best. Dont want to sound like I'm bashing him but he has played 1 full season in 3 years and didn't have that good of a year. Dropped way too many passes. Best of luck to him but oh what could have been.....

Day 3 “at best” = you don’t expect him to be drafted.

Decaf Metcalf drops like every fourth pass but he went at the end of the second round because he’s a playmaker. So is Bryant.

I was disappointed in the drops til but they’re not gonna knock him out if the draft, don’t be stupid.
    We'll see. Metcalf is also a physical freak on a level that Bryant isn't. Like apples and oranges. I hope Bryant is drafted and has a great career, makes UW look good.

You really think Bryant will be drafted in the first 3 rounds? You don't be stupid. Day 3 pick at best
    Like I said I’ll take the under on pick 109 (first pick of the fourth round). You can take the over.

Good luck.
    I'll take this bet. Gentleman's stakes? aka a handie behind the 7-11?

• Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,505
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Canadawg said:

Really like westover for the role they've given him.

Was at the USC game with my wife and at a certain point she said "I want them to throw for a big play" (she's not super football knowledgable) as we were starting to draw out a long drive on offense. Next play was a pass to cotton for probably close to 35 yards after he rumbled over a couple defenders (yes actual YACs).

He does well as a FB, but it remains to be seen if we'll use that in the Joe Brady offense we're installing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAys9IsZmnc

His one highlight is being mistaken for Cade Otton and then Tim Horn.