Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

First major couch drops

Comments

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

FireCohen said:

Houhusky said:

Otton > Byrant
    Newton > Ahmed

lots of addition by subtraction going to drop soon

Keep telling yourself that. Otton isn't half the receiver Bryant is and he still can't block his way out of a wet paper bag.

Bryant may be a WR but he was our best WR by a mile this season. Him declaring is a huge loss unless Nacua, Bynum and Jones can all step up next year and we can spread the ball around.

Otton is not a WR. We have to rely on him for blocking, and he fucks up his blocking assignments more often than not. He sucks until he doesn't.

Unless Otton substantially improves his blocking, we need Kizer to be healthy, and we need either Westover or Redman to contribute. Our TE room is very close to being a full on dumpster fire.

Newton still has to prove he's more than a short yardage and goal line RB. Ahmed is still underwhelming but he got better throughout the year. At least there's some depth there.
    Otton is fine blocker at the line, but if you ask him to block in space he struggles
    To be fair its tough to block in zero gravity
    I love you race
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Time for Culp to step up and be a man
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,000
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

Time for Culp to step up and be a man

I hate him most on the roster going into
    Next year. I remember seeing three times.

Blown block/td vs BYU
    Dropped pass call Utah play of the year right there.
    Holding in the apple cup.

Adapt or die.
  • Options
    dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,297
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Angry CTR, best CTR?
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Tequilla said:

Baseman said:

PM to Hunter Bryant. Go fuck yourself. There is still a game left in your “journey”. PM Jen Cohen. If the players won’t even play in the bowl games why the fuck would you expect me to buy tickets and spend the time to see a sub par effort. Fuck off.

This. I’ll never forgive Taylor Rapp for fucking up my Rose Bowl trip. If you feel different, you weren’t there.
    I’m conflicted on this ... but I take my cues from the former players that weren’t happy
    I'm not conflicted. Fuck him. He's dead to me
    I agree that he could have played and he deserves the shit he gets. You sure do post about him a lot for someone that is dead to you.
  • Options
    NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited December 2019

Houhusky said:

Otton > Byrant
    Newton > Ahmed

Keep telling yourself that. Otton isn't half the receiver Bryant is and he still can't block his way out of a wet paper bag.

Bryant may be a WR but he was our best WR by a mile this season. Him declaring is a huge loss unless Nacua, Bynum and Jones can all step up next year and we can spread the ball around.

Otton is not a WR. We have to rely on him for blocking, and he fucks up his blocking assignments more often than not. He sucks until he doesn't.

Unless Otton substantially improves his blocking, we need Kizer to be healthy, and we need either Westover or Redman to contribute. Our TE room is very close to being a full on dumpster fire.

Newton still has to prove he's more than a short yardage and goal line RB. Ahmed is still underwhelming but he got better throughout the year. At least there's some depth there.
    Otton’s a good TE. He is overrated a little bit as a blocker but he’s easily our most sure handed guy on the team. He doesn’t suck. At all. I’ll bet you any amount you want that he gets drafted when he leaves.
    I never said he sucked. I said he was average, and I stand by that. Doesn't mean he will always be average. He has two more years left. Even if he doesn't get that much better, I've seen a lot of average TEs get drafted.

Edit: Wait, I did say he sucked. Whatever. He's overrated as fuck on this bored so let's go with that. He sucks. He has always had tools but he hasn't capitalized on them so far.
  • Options
    OreDawgOreDawg Member Posts: 589
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    I for one am ready to see what Cade can do as a number 1, he’s already better at blocking than hunter, although he’s not Will Dissly or anything close to that. I thought Cade was severely underutilize in the passing game, he’s obviously not as athletic as Hunter, but I think he catches the ball really well and seems runs nice routes. We? For sure do need to close strong on Yary now, although I fear that Paopao is just the right amount of idiot to lose out to UCLA.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,801
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Houhusky said:

Otton > Byrant
    Newton > Ahmed

Otton’s a good TE. He is overrated a little bit as a blocker but he’s easily our most sure handed guy on the team. He doesn’t suck. At all. I’ll bet you any amount you want that he gets drafted when he leaves.
    I never said he sucked. I said he was average, and I stand by that. Doesn't mean he will always be average. He has two more years left. Even if he doesn't get that much better, I've seen a lot of average TEs get drafted.

Edit: Wait, I did say he sucked. Whatever. He's overrated as fuck on this bored so let's go with that. He sucks. He has always had tools but he hasn't capitalized on them so far.
    PaoPao is a dog shit coach
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,801
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    OreDawg said:

I for one am ready to see what Cade can do as a number 1, he’s already better at blocking than hunter, although he’s not Will Dissly or anything close to that. I thought Cade was severely underutilize in the passing game, he’s obviously not as athletic as Hunter, but I think he catches the ball really well and seems runs nice routes. We? For sure do need to close strong on Yary now, although I fear that Paopao is just the right amount of idiot to lose out to UCLA.

HB was definitely better at blocking this year. However Cade got pretty good at pass blocking at the end of the year
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,817
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    All you need to know about Cade is that he by far was the leading snap earner on the team of any "skill" position player ... so whatever you want to say about him it's clear that he has an insane amount of trust from the coaches and is considered a critical part of the offense.

As others have mentioned, he's a good inline blocker ... although not in the Sample/Dissly mold. I actually think he's been significantly under utilized in the passing game as he should be getting 3-5 looks per game with really simple play action type passes. There's not really any area of his game that is a weakness. He will continue to be a very vital part of the offense in 2020.

The big issue that I see going into 2020 is that there's essentially ZERO depth at the position and a ton of opportunity for any young player coming in to get playing time. Redman is almost assuredly going to be playing as a true freshman. I could see Yary if he was to commit to also be in line for some significant snaps as well next year.

Culp still has time for the light bulb to go on for him as he's a RS Frosh. But this will be a huge offseason for him to take a significant step forward. If he doesn't, then there's a good chance he's going to get passed.

With Kizer's back issues, it's probably not worth expecting a lot out of him going forward. Anything he provides probably is an upside at this point.

The fact that we are playing Jack Westover is a complete joke and an indictment on PAOPAO as a coach ... every time I see Westover in the game I fear that he's going to get destroyed.
  • Options
    OreDawgOreDawg Member Posts: 589
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary

OreDawg said:

HB was definitely better at blocking this year. However Cade got pretty good at pass blocking at the end of the year
    Yeah that’s fair. HB is so much more athletic that he was able to get down field and take on LBs and Corners on run blocking, I think Cade showed better technique so was better on pass blocking. Hopefully Culp can fill some of the gap left by HB.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,000
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited December 2019
    OreDawg said:

OreDawg said:

Yeah that’s fair. HB is so much more athletic that he was able to get down field and take on LBs and Corners on run blocking, I think Cade showed better technique so was better on pass blocking. Hopefully Culp can fill some of the gap left by HB.
    If we are depending or hoping in culp, I’m out.
  • Options
    biak1biak1 Member Posts: 3,997
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    I already hate Culp. Ready for him to LEAVE
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Really like westover for the role they've given him.

Was at the USC game with my wife and at a certain point she said "I want them to throw for a big play" (she's not super football knowledgable) as we were starting to draw out a long drive on offense. Next play was a pass to cotton for probably close to 35 yards after he rumbled over a couple defenders (yes actual YACs).