Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Chris Petersen steps down, Lake new HC

Comments

• Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Chris Petersen taking on that invented job title is nothing more than us paying him to not take a different job yet.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    it's like paying All State for mayhem repellent.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Emoterman said:

How this isn't seen as an absolute win is beyond me... Petersen is retained and presumably his CEO qualities will be of benefit from his advisory role. Lake jettisons Pete's broken offense, cleans house, and brings a more energetic/enthusiastic face to the program. Kwiatkowski is bumped back up to DC and hopefully an adept defensive recruiter (Dennison/Sirmon???) is brought in as the last coach/DB coach if Harris isn't promoted.

This is the best of all worlds, in my view. If we can assume that Pete lost the fire to be a 12 hour a day every day coach, and according to this site that was a concern from day one, he needed to go. Lake seems like he has a chance to be the next Dabo, and Pete will be there to hold his hand through the rough patches of learning on the job.

I think you've overstating Pete's future involvement. I doubt he'll show up to his new ceremonial office more than a few hours per week to collect a six figure pay check. Sure he can mentor in some capacity, but Jimmy is still going to be learning on the job about what it takes to be a CEO. Obviously Pete's offense sucks, but what he did in actually building the framework of the program and managing such a large operation is not going to be easily replicated. Being a head coach is fucking hard, there's a reason most guys fail at it. Jimmy's list of responsibilities just got exponentially larger, and he has no experience with a majority of them.
    This. It’s a bullshit position. Pete is gone and isn’t going to meddle in the program.
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,348
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    When's @puppylove_sugarsteel gonna come back so he can have predicted this four years ago?
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,495
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

When's @puppylove_sugarsteel gonna come back so he can have predicted this four years ago?

Especially since Lake is his BFF.

Anyway, PUP still can't figure out how to reset his password. FTG
  • Options
    dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,291
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I dont know about Pup, however, 2029 will be vewy spechul........
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,495
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Thanks for nothing, coach. Thanks for not playing me in favor of having Bacteria and Fuller out there getting all the snaps. I just loved sitting on the bench.
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,348
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Beno4Life said:

Some of you guys act like Pete is Don James.

He never won a big road game unless you're counting USC 2015 (Sarknado game).

His biggest win was Stanford 2016.

We lost to Cristobal twice.

We lost to Cal twice.

Three times, but your point stands, and I agree with all of it.

• Options
    dOgmasterdOgmaster Member Posts: 561
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    ‘The Huskie football program isn’t for everybody...‘

I thought i read somewhere about those who leave the program didn't fulfill thier commitment (yankoff) and were criticized for it. If I recall Peterman still had some time on his contact.

Clearly he is not an OKG!

Maybe a desk job is more in line with his soft persona.
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Imagine being so scared of @Babushka that 2 of the most wanted coaches in recent times resign in fear.