Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Chris Petersen steps down, Lake new HC

Comments

• Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,770
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Houhusky said:

Lake has not been a good enough DC for me to get excited about him being the HC...

This year he looked just bad at times, even with Kwats training wheels still attached.

Hard to say how much of that was being given two crippled middle linebackers, and how much of it was poor scheming. Either way 2019 wasn't an A+ DC performance, that's for sure. But he seems to be a lot more suited as a motivator, recruiter, and executive than he is as a coordinator. So give that job back to Kwat, who has proven to be one of the best schemers in the game, and let Jimmy drive the ship.
    This, a new LBs coach and a new OC, and I'm happy.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Houhusky said:

Lake has not been a good enough DC for me to get excited about him being the HC...

This year he looked just bad at times, even with Kwats training wheels still attached.

Hard to say how much of that was being given two crippled middle linebackers, and how much of it was poor scheming. Either way 2019 wasn't an A+ DC performance, that's for sure. But he seems to be a lot more suited as a motivator, recruiter, and executive than he is as a coordinator. So give that job back to Kwat, who has proven to be one of the best schemers in the game, and let Jimmy drive the ship.
    How about winning the conference
  • Options
    minion_doogminion_doog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,946
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Was Pete going to change? I think we know either he couldn't or didn't want to try. We never won a game we weren't supposed to. Dreck 12 titles were the ceiling. I'm not excited promoting a coordinator, but I don't want to see Jimmy get a shot somewhere else. Ok, so let's go.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Houhusky said:

Been there, done that.
    How about winning a NY6 bowl, and not getting blown out, humiliated and game-overed by halftime?
    Oh, ok. You said you'd be happy with some coaching changes.
  • Options

Houhusky said:

Been there, done that.
    How about winning a NY6 bowl, and not getting blown out, humiliated and game-overed by halftime?
    Oh, ok. You said you'd be happy with some coaching changes.
    Happy<Happier<Happiest. All are good. Some are better.
  • Options
    Pete's ascending to Mike Belotti's role at UO.
    Better than watching him descend to Chip Kelly's role at UCLA.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,750
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited December 2019
    Emoterman said:

How this isn't seen as an absolute win is beyond me... Petersen is retained and presumably his CEO qualities will be of benefit from his advisory role. Lake jettisons Pete's broken offense, cleans house, and brings a more energetic/enthusiastic face to the program. Kwiatkowski is bumped back up to DC and hopefully an adept defensive recruiter (Dennison/Sirmon???) is brought in as the last coach/DB coach if Harris isn't promoted.

This is the best of all worlds, in my view. If we can assume that Pete lost the fire to be a 12 hour a day every day coach, and according to this site that was a concern from day one, he needed to go. Lake seems like he has a chance to be the next Dabo, and Pete will be there to hold his hand through the rough patches of learning on the job.

Advisory role has never done shit for shinola. Ever.

You're the HC or you're not.

I think his resignation is a net bad thing for Husky football. Talk me out of it.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,750
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Hiring your most valuable overall in house assistant that has been with you forever and knows the schools current culture/program is much different than plucking a top OC/DC from a completely different school in a completely different conference. He still sucks until he doesn't though.

Yeah, totally different except in one respect: both have shit odds of succeeding.

If I had a fucking nickel for every time I've been sold the "yeah, but he knows and he knows that" routine I'd be Bill Gates.