Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Couch Exchange Open Thread

1235»

Comments

• Options
    rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,015
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    tweet was deleted but someone got all the screenshots they needed:

• Options
    rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,015
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    athletic article 'highlights' on potential hires -

Eric Bieniemy - he was there with embree, didnt go well.

Defensive coordinator Tyson Summers has head coaching experience at Georgia Southern, though he went 5-13 (lol). Wide receivers/assistant head coach Darrin Chiaverini has been on staff since 2016, and the 42-year-old has been one of the top recruiters in the country (better make him a head coach then).

Bryan Harsin vegas bowl runner up. He also wasn’t happy about the lack of campaigning by the Mountain West for Boise State in the New Year’s Six, (you got smoked, absolutely smoked by UW, mwc did you a favor). If he’s more open to leaving his alma mater, Colorado would welcome it. Harsin is 64-17 at the school. It might bring back memories of Dan Hawkins’ failed CU tenure coming from Boise State, but circumstances are a bit different now (lol, 'its different now').

Air Force head coach Troy Calhoun is already in the state of Colorado (oh well sign him the fuck up then!).

shark fucker Central Michigan head coach Jim McElwain .

Former Colorado defensive coordinator Jim Leavitt (no idea if boofs are a pepsi school).

Alabama analyst Butch Jones (do it).

Former Oregon head coach Mark Helfrich is on the market after he was recently let go as the Chicago Bears’ offensive coordinator (remember when we? were going to 'settle' for this guy for OC? those were the days).

Chicago Bears defensive coordinator Chuck Pagano is a Boulder native and returned to coaching last season after a year away. The 59-year-old son of a former Colorado high school coach, he went 53-43 leading the Indianapolis Colts from 2012-16. Pagano last coached college ball for one season at North Carolina in 2007. Is there any interest in returning home? (fuck i hope so)
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,173
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,301
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    How much of a commission does Tucker owe Chris Petersen?
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,449
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited February 2020
    I get that the Pac 12 is a dumpster fire financially, Left coast sports apathy, blah blah SEC SEC, but why is everyone just now shitting themselves because Leach and this guy just left?

This is more about WSU and Colorado than the Pac 12.

WSU needs to be in the mountain west. Period. If you don't want to pick up scraps in Washington and California, there is no point in coaching there. Leach said it was because of recruiting but he isn't going to recruit Mississippi either. He wants to recruit Florida and save himself the cross country trips for him and his staff.

Colorado is really underrated as a druidic shithole. Maybe they've changed but I thought due to state legislation you couldn't pay your assistants much. And even with that anchor the AD has really high expectations. Dude won 5 games last year which got his predecessor canned. It's a shit program and shit member of any power 5 conference.

Both of these schools have deserved shit coaches and support for a really long time, but don't let that keep Jon "I am one of 2 Stanford fans" Wilner from harvesting clicks.
  • Options
    BuffBuffPassBuffBuffPass Member Posts: 322
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    haie said:

I get that the Pac 12 is a dumpster fire financially, Left coast sports apathy, blah blah SEC SEC, but why is everyone just now shitting themselves because Leach and this guy just left?

WSU needs to be in the mountain west. Period. If you don't want to pick up scraps in Washington and California, there is no point in coaching there. Leach said it was because of recruiting but he isn't going to recruit Mississippi either. He wants to recruit Florida and save himself the cross country trips for him and his staff.

Colorado is really underrated as a druidic shithole. Maybe they've changed but I thought due to state legislation you couldn't pay your assistants much. And even with that anchor the AD has really high expectations. Dude won 5 games last year which got his predecessor canned. It's a shit program and shit member of any power 5 conference.

Both of these schools have deserved shit coaches and support for a really long time, but don't let that keep Jon "I am one of 2 Stanford fans" Wilner from harvesting clicks.

Shit member of any power 5 conference which is why the Pac bent over backwards to get us in, after trying and failing in the 90s. The state legislation (TABOR) limits the number of long term contracts the university can give. The football HC, OC and DC get long term contracts but the position coaches typically don't.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    in other words, looks like he's not closing Emeka or Troy so he's gone!
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    From Ducks Bored

dougts:

To get out in front of this, we aren’t “losing” him to Kentucky. This is a mutual change of direction. Coach Bo and Mario realized long ago it wasn’t the right fit for either party and Oregon has kept him on until he landed a new job.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,434

From Ducks Bored

dougts:

To get out in front of this, we aren’t “losing” him to Kentucky. This is a mutual change of direction. Coach Bo and Mario realized long ago it wasn’t the right fit for either party and Oregon has kept him on until he landed a new job.
    Probably the best WDWHA posts of 2020
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

From Ducks Bored

dougts:

Ruthless ... but I'm honestly starting to like this cristoballz guy. He gets it

You hear that Gregory?
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,841
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

From Ducks Bored

dougts:

Lexington >>> Eugene
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,782

From Ducks Bored

dougts:

Lexington >>> Eugene
    Oh fuck yeah and it’s not even close.

• Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    haie said:

• Options
    LeachNeedsMoreTimLeachNeedsMoreTim Member Posts: 190
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    salemcoog said:

haie said:

Stop plagiarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrism my shit, fucko!