Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Faster reaction times than Vanilla Devs

13»

Comments

• BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346
    Emoterman said:

Emoterman said:

Baseman said:

The last 2 weeks here has essentially been like I on BD2W's forum. Clicking on a thread and scrolling back to where I was. Not knowing which threads I've actually read all of.

I'm ready for Vanilla to get their shit together.
    Of all the times for Vanilla to take a shit on this board, Apple Cup weekend and Petersen's self-Urbaning is pretty inopportune.
    I think this is clear evidence that Vanilla devs keep bottles in their desks. If it ain't broke, don't fix it... and how hard is it to go back in there and fix the code that you just fucked up?
    Especially with version control that would allow them to roll back their changes instantaneously. I generally don't understand paying for forum software when phpBB is out there and robust as fuck, but I don't understand a lot of things...
    Even the shit ProBoards rolls out doesn't have these kind of issues. Seriously, WTF Vanilla. Get your shit together.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,586 Swaye's Wigwam
    Emoterman said:

Emoterman said:

Baseman said:

The last 2 weeks here has essentially been like I on BD2W's forum. Clicking on a thread and scrolling back to where I was. Not knowing which threads I've actually read all of.

I'm ready for Vanilla to get their shit together.
    Of all the times for Vanilla to take a shit on this board, Apple Cup weekend and Petersen's self-Urbaning is pretty inopportune.
    I think this is clear evidence that Vanilla devs keep bottles in their desks. If it ain't broke, don't fix it... and how hard is it to go back in there and fix the code that you just fucked up?
    Especially with version control that would allow them to roll back their changes instantaneously. I generally don't understand paying for forum software when phpBB is out there and robust as fuck, but I don't understand a lot of things...
    Unless they made schema changes that would break the site even more by rolling back. This site does have to be up 24/7.