Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

The Irony of Chris Petersen

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,547 Founders Club
He has a well-documented history of getting publicly pissed off at his players for small mistakes. But he doesn't seem to hold himself to that same standard. Get ready for another week of "Petersen preaches perspective and patience" articles.

Comments

• NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729

He has a well-documented history of getting publicly pissed off at his players for small mistakes. But he doesn't seem to hold himself to that same standard. Get ready for another week of "Petersen preaches perspective and patience" articles.

Or his coaches.
  • whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,616 Standard Supporter
    Starting to think he’s lost his passion for coaching. Wonder if he will hang it up this offseason.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,547 Founders Club
    whlinder said:

Starting to think he’s lost his passion for coaching. Wonder if he will hang it up this offseason.

I had speculated that his move from Boise to UW was in the hopes of rekindling some passion for coaching football.
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,768 Founders Club

whlinder said:

His passion for boating to work and drinking expensive coffee will keep him on the job.
    Not anymore. I’ve revoked access to my cock. Fuck you pete.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,037 Founders Club

whlinder said:

His passion for boating to work and drinking expensive coffee will keep him on the job.
    Shut it you bearded cunt
  • huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,348 Swaye's Wigwam

whlinder said:

:'(
  • godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,451 Founders Club

whlinder said:

I had speculated that his move from Boise to UW was in the hopes of rekindling some passion for coaching football.
    Boise insiders sad as much when he left that he seemed burnt out.

He has said he won't be coaching past 60.

I believe he has a 5 year run left in him, and doesn't want to go out like this, so will make the decision to let go of the offense.

You could win a NC with the 2016-17 defenses he had. He will look for a guy/system to do what Ohio State/LSU did when they had their offensive issues and take the final step in being able to win the whole thing.

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,547 Founders Club
    godawgst said:

whlinder said:

I believe he has a 5 year run left in him, and doesn't want to go out like this, so will make the decision to let go of the offense.

You could win a NC with the 2016-17 defenses he had. He will look for a guy/system to do what Ohio State/LSU did when they had their offensive issues and take the final step in being able to win the whole thing.

But... How do you know he is aware that he's the problem?
  • CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,412 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2019
    Meek said:

He has a sermon he preachesIt is fantastic when he has 8 months to prepare for that one big game and the rest of the games are fairly easy, but when he has to bring it every week he gets exposed.

Like auburn? Or the last three bowls?
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

godawgst said:

whlinder said:

I don’t think he can avoid it. He knows it all ends with him. Whether he will make successful changes is another issue.

godawgst said:

whlinder said:

I don’t think he can avoid it. He knows it all ends with him. Whether he will make successful changes is another issue.
    If he knew that he would have addressed it far sooner.

godawgst said:

whlinder said:

Do you think he honestly doesn't know his offense has major problems?

The vast majority of highly successful driven people are keenly aware of everything around them.

I can see a scenario where he thought the issues were at the qb position with Browning the last 4 years.

This year showed him it goes beyond that.

Strausser couldn't recruit and he made the change
    Pease couldn't coach or recruit and he made the change
    Lubick checked out last year and he made the change.

Pete will make the change at OC in the next month. The question becomes does he hire someone and give them full reign and total control of the offense, or we get another guy who will just run what Pete wants.
  • phineasphineas Member Posts: 4,732
    The amount of heat pete is getting vs the amount of heat ty and sark got is surprising to me. But maybe that's because HH is my only source for huskie news?
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 37,020 Founders Club
    godawgst said:

godawgst said:

whlinder said:

The vast majority of highly successful driven people are keenly aware of everything around them.

I can see a scenario where he thought the issues were at the qb position with Browning the last 4 years.

Pete will make the change at OC in the next month. The question becomes does he hire someone and give them full reign and total control of the offense, or we get another guy who will just run what Pete wants.
    Who started Browning for 4 years? Who picked the OCs?

Stop making excuses for Pete’s poor judgement you fucking doog.
    PurpleJ said:

godawgst said:

godawgst said:

whlinder said:

Who started Browning for 4 years? Who picked the OCs?

Stop making excuses for Pete’s poor judgement you fucking doog.
    Einstein the question was how doesn't Pete know he's the problem and I gave a scenario that was plausible.

We all get that it starts and stops with Pete and it's on him.

You want him fired.

I think he's earned the chance to have a come to Jesus moment about his offense.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825

godawgst said:

whlinder said:

If he knew that he would have addressed it far sooner.
    Everything @godawgst said is spot on

The work done in the offseason was an effort of “I’m going to step in and we’ll figure out the right changes to make ...

Instead of getting better it got worse ... that’s not lost on successful people

Consultants get paid big bucks because leaders realize they don’t have all the answers

Pete is now at that point in his career