Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Woodinville vs Kennedy Catholic game thread

Comments

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,861 Founders Club
    Emoterman said:

Hey dumbfuck Save'Mart haters, this is a picture of him with Donkey Kong Suh as a sophomore. We want him, we want him very much.

I'm not a hater. I said based on what I saw tonight, he takes plays off and doesn't warrant 5 stars. That doesn't mean I want Pete to yank the scholarship offer.
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,830 Founders Club

Baseman said:

Baseman said:

Savell not good tonight

Nobody who watches him has been wowed since his sophomore year. He’s a decent recruit.
    I saw lots of red flags
    Not good, right?
    Well... before the game the entire Woodinville team was clustered together at about midfield. Smalls walks over by himself to his 40 yard line and pulls a Cam Newton and just stands there alone and gives Woodinville a hard stare for a full minute. None of the Woodinville players seemed to pay him any mind.

Then Woodinville took the opening drive right down the field and scored. And before you know it, it's 28-0 Woodinville. And I'm watching Smalls... He's physically imposing, looks like a man among boys. He's fast and strong... But he took plays off. He would try really hard one play, and then seemed to coast on the next play. He almost looked a little lazy to be blunt.

So I don't know... I kind of got the same feeling watching him that I did back when I saw Jacob Sirmon play QB for Bothell. Just kind of like, really physically imposing kid, lots of athletic gifts... But, meh.

It's just one game so it might not be fair to judge his entire persona on that. But from what I saw tonight I don't understand the justification for the 5 star rating.
    Fuck yes that’s awesome

It’s awesome if you’re good. It’s troublesome when you get dominated all night long after doing that.

Seems like he was hardly the problem lol
    Joey Johnson rushed for 198 yards and 2 touchdowns.
    And? One kid can’t play all 11 spots?
    Did I say or imply that?

You posted a tweet about Smalls taking down a 5'6" kid with one arm. I countered that by saying the 5'6" kid ran for 198 yards and 2 TDs.
    Do I care about what some shitty little white try hard kid at Woodinville? Not really. Don’t even know who is.

Point is Sav’ell is physically rare. Kwat can coach. He’ll be good.
    Are you sure you want to keep making predictions, given your track record? Vanilla gives you up to 15 minutes to edit a post.
    BOOM! ROASTED!
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,861
    I like 6”4 240 DEs that run 4.6s 😁😁
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    BTP, I know Kennedy coaching sucks and their defense has been horrible for years, but how can you get excited by a player that plays for a team that gave up 55. I’ve seen dominant high school players. Nobody has said that about Smalls.

It sounds like Kennedy got destroyed up front. Smalls TD’s are cool, but he’s not playing offense in college.

I think he has talent and I’m still glad we got him, but I haven’t seen or heard anything to lead me to believe he’s lived up to the hype. I don’t have extremely high hopes. There are tons of guys with talent.
  • EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333

Emoterman said:

Hey dumbfuck Save'Mart haters, this is a picture of him with Donkey Kong Suh as a sophomore. We want him, we want him very much.

I'm not a hater. I said based on what I saw tonight, he takes plays off and doesn't warrant 5 stars. That doesn't mean I want Pete to yank the scholarship offer.
    I guess my point is that that picture alone basically warrants 5 stars. He's got motor and attitude problems, that is known. Lots of kids who have never been challenged or really hit in the mouth/put in their place do. If he can't figure out that being a 4th standard deviation physical specimen alone isn't enough to make you a 1st round pick or even All P12, he'll flame out. I think UW is the perfect place for him to figure that out, as it happens.
    Wait till his hudl comes out...

He’s going to be good. Joe Tryon had like 2 sacks his senior year in HS. He has 6 this year and should of had 7 (fuck you josiah)
  • CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,246 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2019

I’m the biggest jinx in the world lol jfc

Lol holy shit im a retard. Water is wet

He's self aware!
    Emoterman said:

Emoterman said:

I guess my point is that that picture alone basically warrants 5 stars. He's got motor and attitude problems, that is known. Lots of kids who have never been challenged or really hit in the mouth/put in their place do. If he can't figure out that being a 4th standard deviation physical specimen alone isn't enough to make you a 1st round pick or even All P12, he'll flame out. I think UW is the perfect place for him to figure that out, as it happens.
    He’s going to be good.

Emoterman said:

Emoterman said:

He’s going to be good.
    His talent delta drops basically to 0 in college. He has the tools to be a top 10 pick, but without a great work ethic he'll be shit.
    edited November 2019
    Emoterman said:

Emoterman said:

Emoterman said:

He’s going to be good.
    His talent delta drops basically to 0 in college. He has the tools to be a top 10 pick, but without a great work ethic he'll be shit.
    I’d rather have in the program than fucking Connor O’Brien, Myles Rick or Cooper McDonald!!

Emoterman said:

Emoterman said:

Emoterman said:

He’s going to be good.
    I’d rather have in the program than fucking Connor O’Brien, Myles Rick or Cooper McDonald!!
    💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯

Well, Cooper does throw a mean discus.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,861 Founders Club

I’m the biggest jinx in the world lol jfc

Lol holy shit im a retard. Water is wet

He's self aware!
    That's why we love our little Fudgie!

Aspergers and all.

Noc

How did I know you were going to say that?
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823

Kennedy defense collapses like I predicted. Fuck off BTP.

How are you dialed in on Washington HS football?
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    FirePete said:

Kennedy defense collapses like I predicted. Fuck off BTP.

How are you dialed in on Washington HS football?
    Kennedy gave up a shitload of points the past few years. Why would this year be any different?