Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Woodinville vs Kennedy Catholic game thread

Comments

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,861 Founders Club
    Baseman said:

Baseman said:

Savell not good tonight

Nobody who watches him has been wowed since his sophomore year. He’s a decent recruit.
    I saw lots of red flags
    Not good, right?
    Well... before the game the entire Woodinville team was clustered together at about midfield. Smalls walks over by himself to his 40 yard line and pulls a Cam Newton and just stands there alone and gives Woodinville a hard stare for a full minute. None of the Woodinville players seemed to pay him any mind.

Then Woodinville took the opening drive right down the field and scored. And before you know it, it's 28-0 Woodinville. And I'm watching Smalls... He's physically imposing, looks like a man among boys. He's fast and strong... But he took plays off. He would try really hard one play, and then seemed to coast on the next play. He almost looked a little lazy to be blunt.

So I don't know... I kind of got the same feeling watching him that I did back when I saw Jacob Sirmon play QB for Bothell. Just kind of like, really physically imposing kid, lots of athletic gifts... But, meh.

It's just one game so it might not be fair to judge his entire persona on that. But from what I saw tonight I don't understand the justification for the 5 star rating.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    Smalls is a case of too much, too soon. It’s not going to get easier. If he can’t humble himself and take hard coaching, he will flame out. He’s not a program altering talent at all.
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365

Baseman said:

Baseman said:

Savell not good tonight

Nobody who watches him has been wowed since his sophomore year. He’s a decent recruit.
    I saw lots of red flags
    Not good, right?
    Well... before the game the entire Woodinville team was clustered together at about midfield. Smalls walks over by himself to his 40 yard line and pulls a Cam Newton and just stands there alone and gives Woodinville a hard stare for a full minute. None of the Woodinville players seemed to pay him any mind.

Then Woodinville took the opening drive right down the field and scored. And before you know it, it's 28-0 Woodinville. And I'm watching Smalls... He's physically imposing, looks like a man among boys. He's fast and strong... But he took plays off. He would try really hard one play, and then seemed to coast on the next play. He almost looked a little lazy to be blunt.

So I don't know... I kind of got the same feeling watching him that I did back when I saw Jacob Sirmon play QB for Bothell. Just kind of like, really physically imposing kid, lots of athletic gifts... But, meh.

It's just one game so it might not be fair to judge his entire persona on that. But from what I saw tonight I don't understand the justification for the 5 star rating.
    I've seen him multiple times; your description is spot on. Tonight he looked like a statue.

He's a great talent that Kwiat can hopefully develop.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,861 Founders Club
    Baseman said:

Baseman said:

Baseman said:

Savell not good tonight

I saw lots of red flags
    Not good, right?

I've seen him multiple times; your description is spot on. Tonight he looked like a statue.

Oh, I didn't realize you had seen the game. But yes, we're in agreement.
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365

Baseman said:

Baseman said:

Baseman said:

Savell not good tonight

I saw lots of red flags
    Not good, right?

Oh, I didn't realize you had seen the game. But yes, we're in agreement.
    NFHS network--I don't recommend
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,861
    He’ll be good. Kwat can develop.

Baseman said:

Baseman said:

Savell not good tonight

I saw lots of red flags
    Not good, right?

Fuck yes that’s awesome

Baseman said:

Baseman said:

Savell not good tonight

I saw lots of red flags
    Not good, right?

Fuck yes that’s awesome

It’s awesome if you’re good. It’s troublesome when you get dominated all night long after doing that.
    Woodinville had 52 carries for 287 yards rushing. Stifle threw for 184 yards and 3 touchdowns.

Baseman said:

Baseman said:

Savell not good tonight

I saw lots of red flags
    Not good, right?

Fuck yes that’s awesome

It’s awesome if you’re good. It’s troublesome when you get dominated all night long after doing that.

Seems like he was hardly the problem lol

Baseman said:

Baseman said:

Savell not good tonight

I saw lots of red flags
    Not good, right?

Fuck yes that’s awesome

Joey Johnson rushed for 198 yards and 2 touchdowns.

Baseman said:

Baseman said:

Savell not good tonight

I saw lots of red flags
    Not good, right?

Fuck yes that’s awesome

And? One kid can’t play all 11 spots?

Baseman said:

Baseman said:

Savell not good tonight

I saw lots of red flags
    Not good, right?

Fuck yes that’s awesome

Did I say or imply that?

You posted a tweet about Smalls taking down a 5'6" kid with one arm. I countered that by saying the 5'6" kid ran for 198 yards and 2 TDs.
  • EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333

Baseman said:

Baseman said:

Savell not good tonight

I saw lots of red flags
    Not good, right?

Fuck yes that’s awesome

Did I say or imply that?

You posted a tweet about Smalls taking down a 5'6" kid with one arm. I countered that by saying the 5'6" kid ran for 198 yards and 2 TDs.
    Wait, is the 5'6 kid shitty as his height implies, or godlike as his stats imply. Intent unclear.

Baseman said:

Baseman said:

Savell not good tonight

I saw lots of red flags
    Not good, right?

Fuck yes that’s awesome

Did I say or imply that?

Do I care about what some shitty little white try hard kid at Woodinville? Not really. Don’t even know who is.

Point is Sav’ell is physically rare. Kwat can coach. He’ll be good.
    Emoterman said:

Baseman said:

Baseman said:

Savell not good tonight

I saw lots of red flags
    Not good, right?

Fuck yes that’s awesome

Did I say or imply that?

Wait, is the 5'6 kid shitty as his height implies, or godlike as his stats imply. Intent unclear.
    He's a tough, tough bastard.

Emoterman said:

Baseman said:

Baseman said:

Savell not good tonight

I saw lots of red flags
    Not good, right?

Fuck yes that’s awesome

Did I say or imply that?

He's a tough, tough bastard.
    Dylan Axelrod potd
  • EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333

Hey dumbfuck Save'Mart haters, this is a picture of him with Donkey Kong Suh as a sophomore. We want him, we want him very much.