Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jack Yary, 2020 TE, Murrieta, CA

Comments

• Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,959
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

I think I like this guy. Its pretty clear what Jimmy's strat is.
    Sell the dream?
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,602
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

LOL ...ASU. I can see them in a couple of years saying "Man if you didn't have a defense we'd put 70 points on you"

"I almost had you man!"
  • Options
    DoogWhispererDoogWhisperer Member Posts: 1,018
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    I wonder if he goes to USC if they have to get a different OC.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

I wonder if he goes to USC if they have to get a different OC.

If they get someone who doesn’t run air raid before signing day he’ll be a Trojan.
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited January 2020

“Coach Lake said the offense won’t change that much“

lol

• Options
    FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054
    I'm copy and pasting this 3rd hand as I took it off the doogman bored from someone who took it from the USC board, but apparently one of the USC Mods said this:

"I'm not hearing good things on Yary. In fact, I'm hearing that a lot of schools are backing off of him now and SC might be next in line. There are a few issues at play, which I'm not totally clear to get into. But multiple sources are telling me it's not looking good for him....And to be clear, this has NOTHING to do with him playing tight end or tight ends being utilized in the Trojans offense. This isn't on USC."

Meanwhile, at ASU (which is really in need of a tight end) their board reports "ASU has pulled the plug on its Jack Yary recruitment. Doubtful that he was going to end up with the Sun Devils and there were some concerns in the last two weeks about his responsiveness through the normal recruiting process."
  • Options
    FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054
    edited January 2020
    If ASU has to move on, UW is likely moving on as well for whatever that means. Sani is our guy. Feel free to bump this when Yary commits. However, I will say Yary isn't even following Derham Cato on twitter so that's another ominous sign.

Yet again from what ASU is saying here, it seems they're moving on because Yary really wasn't interested. This also sounds like a copout from USC's POV. Who really knows...
  • Options
    EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

I'm copy and pasting this 3rd hand as I took it off the doogman bored from someone who took it from the USC board, but apparently one of the USC Mods said this:

"I'm not hearing good things on Yary. In fact, I'm hearing that a lot of schools are backing off of him now and SC might be next in line. There are a few issues at play, which I'm not totally clear to get into. But multiple sources are telling me it's not looking good for him....And to be clear, this has NOTHING to do with him playing tight end or tight ends being utilized in the Trojans offense. This isn't on USC."

Meanwhile, at ASU (which is really in need of a tight end) their board reports "ASU has pulled the plug on its Jack Yary recruitment. Doubtful that he was going to end up with the Sun Devils and there were some concerns in the last two weeks about his responsiveness through the normal recruiting process."

What’s that supposed to mean?
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Sounds weird.

If USC and ASU are not recruiting him anymore then this means:

- yary is all UW and told them to fuck off
    - since we're recruiting some other guys yary told us to fuck off as he's going a completely different direction
    - yary has some fucked up personal problems that make him an unrecruitable athlete
    - yary has some bad academics that have come into play and he's going JUCO ... although we're talking ASU so it's probably not academics
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    animate said:

Sounds weird.

- since we're recruiting some other guys yary told us to fuck off as he's going a completely different direction
    - yary has some fucked up personal problems that make him an unrecruitable athlete
    - yary has some bad academics that have come into play and he's going JUCO ... although we're talking ASU so it's probably not academics

for the most part that sounds right. I'd put my money on your first 2 points, though. At this stage Jack and his dad have decided where to go and it isn't USC nor ASU so that leaves us and the field.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,631
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    This has gotten pretty weird unless UW actually closed him already. Fetters' fuck up...calling him a commit...could be telling. I hope it is. A solid close with a DL and another high end TE would be nice.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,912
    Standard Supporter
    animate said:

Sounds weird.

I actually think things are sounding more like 3 or 4 are the most likely scenarios based on what's been put out there in the last few days.
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    chuck said:

This has gotten pretty weird unless UW actually closed him already. Fetters' fuck up...calling him a commit...could be telling. I hope it is. A solid close with a DL and another high end TE would be nice.

Fetters doesn't know shit. I hope it's true but the fact that we brought in Sani makes me think otherwise.
  • Options
    There's no smoke at all about Yary picking UW other than one BTP post (lol) from weeks ago.

He ain't coming here.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,912
    Standard Supporter
    USC mod says he's hearing that Yary is likely headed back to USC. Says he dropped ASU and UCLA and is hearing UW "moved on"
  • Options

USC mod says he's hearing that Yary is likely headed back to USC. Says he dropped ASU and UCLA and is hearing UW "moved on"

I was told he was in the fucking bag.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,491
    Swaye's Wigwam
    UW moved on like I move on when she tells me to get lost