Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jack Yary, 2020 TE, Murrieta, CA

Comments

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Down to UW, USC, and ASU. First big recruiting test for Kato Kaelin. Yary could be this year's Puka.

• Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    On the recruiting front, Yary has already visited Washington and has the Huskies high on his list.

“I had a great visit and I love the fit in their program,” Yary said. “I love how they use the tight end in their offense and they put more tight ends in to the League (NFL) then anyone and that’s big for me. I like how I would be utilized in the offense.

“They have a new OC and a new TE coach but I don’t think that will be that big of a factor for me. Coach Lake said the offense won’t change that much and the tight end is still going to be a big factor. I was told they want to live out of 11 and 12 personal so I think it will be good. I talked with new TE coach Derham Cato Sunday night and he’ll be coming in for a home visit next week.”

Yary’s last two visits will be to USC (Jan. 24) and Arizona State (Jan. 31).

“USC said they would use me the same way they use Drake London right now,” Yary said. “It’s like a flex out wide position, almost like a big receiver and I think I’m fast enough to play it. That excites me and I’m looking forward to getting over there and taking that visit.

“ASU is a new school for me but they just got the OC from Boise State, Zak Hill and I like what he wants to do. He wants to use the tight end and they don’t have many on the roster. He reached out to me right when he got the job and I’ve been talking to them a lot ever since. The plan is to take these last two visits and then I’ll make my decision on Signing Day.”
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    ASU coming in hot
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,186
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
  • Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

“Coach Lake said the offense won’t change that much“

lol

Was it the play calling or the offense?
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,601
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
  • Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

On the recruiting front, Yary has already visited Washington and has the Huskies high on his list.

“I had a great visit and I love the fit in their program,” Yary said. “I love how they use the tight end in their offense and they put more tight ends in to the League (NFL) then anyone and that’s big for me. I like how I would be utilized in the offense.

“They have a new OC and a new TE coach but I don’t think that will be that big of a factor for me. Coach Lake said the offense won’t change that much and the tight end is still going to be a big factor. I was told they want to live out of 11 and 12 personal so I think it will be good. I talked with new TE coach Derham Cato Sunday night and he’ll be coming in for a home visit next week.”

“USC said they would use me the same way they use Drake London right now,” Yary said. “It’s like a flex out wide position, almost like a big receiver and I think I’m fast enough to play it. That excites me and I’m looking forward to getting over there and taking that visit.

“ASU is a new school for me but they just got the OC from Boise State, Zak Hill and I like what he wants to do. He wants to use the tight end and they don’t have many on the roster. He reached out to me right when he got the job and I’ve been talking to them a lot ever since. The plan is to take these last two visits and then I’ll make my decision on Signing Day.”

Wait? You mean relationships in recruiting are vastly overrated? I thought that you had to recruit kids for years to have a chance?

Or was that more Doogman $12.95 bullshit?
  • Options
    DawgDaze71DawgDaze71 Member Posts: 705
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    LOL ...ASU. I can see them in a couple of years saying "Man if you didn't have a defense we'd put 70 points on you"
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    UW tight end target Jack Yary, who included the Huskies this week as one of the top-3 schools he's currently looking at before making his commitment, will not be playing in the game. He tweaked an ankle that was already an issue for him, so he'll be heading back home.
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,285
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    I think I like this guy. Its pretty clear what Jimmy's strat is.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    TommySQC said:

Wait? You mean relationships in recruiting are vastly overrated? I thought that you had to recruit kids for years to have a chance?

Or was that more Doogman $12.95 bullshit?
    In between. When you think recruiting is any one thing, you’re overrating the importance. The importance of certain things varies from player to player. The one constant is winning. If you win, good recruits will want to come play for your school.
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    He ain't coming to Seattle.

Cook it.