Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jack Yary, 2020 TE, Murrieta, CA

Comments

• Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,323
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 2020

One class of true freshmen is a hard sell for a quick turn around. Not saying they are fucked forever but they are fucked for awhile. I agree they are always one great coach away. As always

I don't see Carson Palmer on the roster.

There are two QBs on their roster with better numbers than Carson Palmer had before Carroll took over. Unless I'm wrong. Not gonna look.

Edit: Fuck it, I had to look. He was 55% and 16/18 TD/INT the year before Carroll took over, so I was right. Slovis and Daniels were both better their first years as starters.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,717
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I think this dalliance with the Air Raid skews numbers and is also unlikely to be retained by the next coach which also adds tim to the process

I have heard Keyshawn and some others complain that USC is stuck on the classic 6 foot 5 (white) drop back passer like days gone by while dual threat QBs leave the state to go to Bama.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Except Daniels' year as a starter was before they changed to Air Raid, but yeah, go with it.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

I think this dalliance with the Air Raid skews numbers and is also unlikely to be retained by the next coach which also adds tim to the process

I have heard Keyshawn and some others complain that USC is stuck on the classic 6 foot 5 (white) drop back passer like days gone by while dual threat QBs leave the state to go to Bama.

So you're saying not having Palmer on the roster anymore isn't a problem? Good! We're in agreement.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

So you're saying not having Palmer on the roster anymore isn't a problem? Good! We're in agreement.
    I am politely disagreeing with some of your statement. That's probably what threw you. I didn't call you any names

They don't have Bryce on the roster either. He's in Bama. Air Raid QBs look good. Look at every year WSU throws someone out there and he throws for 5,000 yards. I don't see USC keeping it
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Except Daniels' year as a starter was before they changed to Air Raid, but yeah, go with it.

Daniels got broken in two. Carson played for years in the league
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Palmer's passer rating as a freshman was 122.8. Daniels was 122.6. Daniels numbers look a little better because he threw a lot more.

So you're still wrong.
  • Options
    FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dnc said:

Palmer's passer rating as a freshman was 122.8. Daniels was 122.6. Daniels numbers look a little better because he threw a lot more.

So you're still wrong.
    Passer Rating is also extremely inflated relative to Palmer's time at USC
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

dnc said:

So you're still wrong.
    Passer Rating is also extremely inflated relative to Palmer's time at USC
    bingo
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

As of right now a turn around would still be quick for USC. This 2020 recruiting class was really the first truly shitty one under Helton.

The 2019 class was the first chink in the armor at 3rd in the pac and 20th in the country (composite) with 7 Blue Chips and no 5*. That doesn’t include Chris Steel and Brian McCoy transferring back in which would have been two 5* added into the class.

The 2018 class was 1st in the pac and 4th in the country with 17 Blue Chips including four 5*.

The 2017 class was 1st in the pac and 4th in the country with 14 Blue Chips including two 5*.

There is still depth and elite talent, but the book is out and Helton hasn’t been able to get recruits based on USC being USC. They’ve gone from top 4 national classes to off the fucking cliff in just two seasons.

One more class like on this trend next year and then the instant turnaround goes away and requires a handful of traditional classes to build them back up.

Good point. Math numbers and stuff

And they could fire Helton midway or just after the season and salvage next year which goes to @1to392831weretaken 's point.

But its hanging by a thread

And who can they get that is better? lol

Pretty sure I'm right though. Usually am
  • Options
    edited January 2020

Hey now you can write off a class. Stanford only signed 13 kids in 2013 only three of which ever did anything and they *checks notes* went downhill and never recovered.

I mean at the very least 3/4 of their class is on the lines, so they have that going for them.
  • Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,098
    USC is fine as long as the next coach is good. They have enough recent success (childhood memory) and tradition that coupled with their current players they can recover reasonably with a good coach.

If their records continue to be lackluster so they don't have any notable achievements in their recruits' formative years, and they continue to deplete their talent levels, then they will be in trouble.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    They went from 79 to 2003 between national championships

Won the conference a bunch of times. They can win the Pac with a mediocre coach. That's their big edge
  • Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,098
    Gladstone said:

Mad_Son said:

USC is fine as long as the next coach is good. They have enough recent success (childhood memory) and tradition that coupled with their current players they can recover reasonably with a good coach.

If their records continue to be lackluster so they don't have any notable achievements in their recruits' formative years, and they continue to deplete their talent levels, then they will be in trouble.

They will never be in long term trouble and are always a coach away.
    I think it is likely true, depending on hope you cfb time, that they are never in long term trouble. Everyone is always just one away. What I mean is they are in danger of drifting into a three year rebuild zone.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Mad_Son said:

Gladstone said:

Mad_Son said:

They will never be in long term trouble and are always a coach away.
    I think it is likely true, depending on hope you cfb time, that they are never in long term trouble. Everyone is always just one away. What I mean is they are in danger of drifting into a three year rebuild zone.
    This

We're not USC but we did go 8 and 5 this year and recruiting experts point to a bad class or two
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

Pretty sure most here don’t even know who Rob Yary is without looking it up

Why do you feel the need to constantly make these kinds of posts?