Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Ty Jones

13»

Comments

• whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088

Houhusky said:

I would like to hear Adams explain himself. WR has been the most frustrating position group all year. Sure LBs suck, but it is what it is. The young guys need more seasoning. WR is different. I just don't get what is going on. I want to know how Osbourne goes from being one of the Spring camp MVPs to not even seeing the field, and Opera even being out there is even more amazing. What the fuck is going on?!?!?!?

Adams senior loyalty thing is even more confusing given they arent even "his guys" and he didn't recruit them... and they also suck
    I know Sonics is really pumping out that Pete has nothing to do with who plays and the rotations. Something is going on tho. The coaches are scared to play younger guys for some reason that comes from the top.
    It’s not just Sonics. Multiple articles and interviews I’ve read and heard over the years talk about how Pete stays out of the player rotation.

Just a few weeks ago Vorel asked about how Mele did in the few snaps he got, and Pete said he didn’t realize Mele was in.

I really do think Pete let’s the coaches handle the rotations, but he likely gives guidelines about how they have to practice.

And like was said previously, every position has played young guys rather easily except WR. It just has to be too complex, which is ridiculous because WR should be a position where talent can get you on the field earlier.
    Concerning your last paragraph. What us fans see as being too complex might actually be why Adams has been so successful recruiting in his short time here. I'm speculating that part of his recruiting pitch might be that he is teaching his receivers a complex tree to better prepare them for what they will need to impress NFL scouts. He might be playing the long game. Where other programs get their young talent on the field earlier it's only because they are giving them simple stuff to execute. Now I don't necessarily agree or disagree with the approach, just throwing it out there as a possible reason why talent doesn't get quick gametime. Just a theory.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    Swaye said:

Swaye said:

FirePete said:

Most seem to remember that he was not very good when he did okay last year. Soft, had some drops, kind of JAG out there.

he would be an improvement over bacellia
    I'd be an improvement over Bacteria and I'm a 46 year former alcoholic and drug addict who is getting fat.
    Holy shit, you made a baby at 46? Ts and Ps...
    My life. It is over.
    Isnt @dnc having a baby too? Plz tell me you are not 46
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,046 Standard Supporter
    Houhusky said:

whuggy said:

Houhusky said:

I would like to hear Adams explain himself. WR has been the most frustrating position group all year. Sure LBs suck, but it is what it is. The young guys need more seasoning. WR is different. I just don't get what is going on. I want to know how Osbourne goes from being one of the Spring camp MVPs to not even seeing the field, and Opera even being out there is even more amazing. What the fuck is going on?!?!?!?

Adams senior loyalty thing is even more confusing given they arent even "his guys" and he didn't recruit them... and they also suck
    I know Sonics is really pumping out that Pete has nothing to do with who plays and the rotations. Something is going on tho. The coaches are scared to play younger guys for some reason that comes from the top.
    It’s not just Sonics. Multiple articles and interviews I’ve read and heard over the years talk about how Pete stays out of the player rotation.

Just a few weeks ago Vorel asked about how Mele did in the few snaps he got, and Pete said he didn’t realize Mele was in.

I really do think Pete let’s the coaches handle the rotations, but he likely gives guidelines about how they have to practice.

And like was said previously, every position has played young guys rather easily except WR. It just has to be too complex, which is ridiculous because WR should be a position where talent can get you on the field earlier.
    Concerning your last paragraph. What us fans see as being too complex might actually be why Adams has been so successful recruiting in his short time here. I'm speculating that part of his recruiting pitch might be that he is teaching his receivers a complex tree to better prepare them for what they will need to impress NFL scouts. He might be playing the long game. Where other programs get their young talent on the field earlier it's only because they are giving them simple stuff to execute. Now I don't necessarily agree or disagree with the approach, just throwing it out there as a possible reason why talent doesn't get quick gametime. Just a theory.
    I don’t know how many times I have to say this... the route trees and passing concepts UW runs are very simple. We are not running complex multiple route options, most players are even running the same basic route once they are in the game.

Chin is a go
    Bynum cross
    Bryant double move in the seem

The WRs aren’t being asked to read defensive leverage or pick option routes mid play like they are Edelman and the patriots.

The only mildly complicated thing they are being asked to do is remember the 150+ formations and pre snap motions.

Think about it, If the routes were actually complicated you would have seen a lot more “miss-throws” from Eason where the ball doesn’t go anywhere near the WR because of a miscommunication on the route, which I can’t remember really happening this year.
    The only thing that has caused Mis throws this year are back shoulder vs go route decisions and settling in on routes for man vs zone. Spot on analysis.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

Houhusky said:

It’s strange. Go, hitch/curl routes of different lengths, slant, dig, outs, hitch and go, sluggo, post. You run routes or block. OL seems like a tough spot to get ready for mentally. WR shouldn’t be.

Do we have a ton of option routes or something? It doesn’t seem like it. Are the motions and shifts that tough to master? We can’t dumb them down a little to get a more talented player in the field? I just don’t understand it. Whatever they are doing has not been working for years. It would be different if we had a great offense that was complicated, but effective. We don’t.
  • whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    Route trees, motion, formations, timing lets not get lost in semantics. The major point is that it's fairly clear the young
    players at WR are having to think relatively more than players at other positions and it's affecting their ability to display their talent. Their is no inate bias from the staff as far as playing young because we do it everywhere else. That narrative is just tired and lazy.
  • halfbrainmanmolderhalfbrainmanmolder Member Posts: 215
    whuggy said:

Route trees, motion, formations, timing lets not get lost in semantics. The major point is that it's fairly clear the young
    players at WR are having to think relatively more than players at other positions and it's affecting their ability to display their talent. Their is no inate bias from the staff as far as playing young because we do it everywhere else. That narrative is just tired and lazy.

Yes there was absolutely no general bias at UW about playing young players. NOT EVEN AT WR POSITIONS!!! I am getting tired saying Fuller got in the game very early in his career as a true frosh and EVEN THIS YEAR, Puka got to play very early on! He was just criminally underutilized while opera singer criminally over-utilized. In Puka's case, there was no plausible explanation. He apparently did well in practice and then he showed he can do it in the game situation. Remember the first time he got the ball, it was a beautiful catch for a touchdown and then he was never given another chance in that whole game. It is ridiculous how Adam mismanaged the rosters at WR positions and Pete should be blamed for letting it happen for so long.