Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Ty Jones

whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,717 Swaye's Wigwam
Played at least one snap against OSU. Lined up in the slot for a running play in Q2 and was immediately subbed out.

WR rotation has been really bizarre all year, so I can't blame him for wanting to take a redshirt year.

Comments

• HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,349 Swaye's Wigwam
    Jordan Chin is our deep threat
    Ozzy couldn’t pay to get on the field
    Chico....WHO??
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    FirePete said:

Most seem to remember that he was not very good when he did okay last year. Soft, had some drops, kind of JAG out there.

he would be an improvement over bacellia
    Not hard to do, but he really wasn’t much better when they both played in 2018. Even on Ty Jones’ big plays, very few were high pointing the ball like we saw him regularly do in high school. I’m not a fan until proven otherwise.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823

FirePete said:

Most seem to remember that he was not very good when he did okay last year. Soft, had some drops, kind of JAG out there.

he would be an improvement over bacellia
    Not hard to do, but he really wasn’t much better when they both played in 2018. Even on Ty Jones’ big plays, very few were high pointing the ball like we saw him regularly do in high school. I’m not a fan until proven otherwise.
    Probably improves the offensive efficiency of this horrible offense
  • HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    HuskyJW said:

Jordan Chin is our deep threat
    Ozzy couldn’t pay to get on the field
    Chico....WHO??

On the few routes that Chin has got.

Mostly deep go/streaks he has actually beat his man and looked fine.

He should have had a 85 yard TD against OSU but Eason held the ball just a tiny bit late and then way under-threw Chin. resulted in an INT.

2nd quarter, 10:00 left for @GrundleStiltzkin
  • HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537

I would like to hear Adams explain himself. WR has been the most frustrating position group all year. Sure LBs suck, but it is what it is. The young guys need more seasoning. WR is different. I just don't get what is going on. I want to know how Osbourne goes from being one of the Spring camp MVPs to not even seeing the field, and Opera even being out there is even more amazing. What the fuck is going on?!?!?!?

Adams senior loyalty thing is even more confusing given they arent even "his guys" and he didn't recruit them... and they also suck
  • NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729

I would like to hear Adams explain himself. WR has been the most frustrating position group all year. Sure LBs suck, but it is what it is. The young guys need more seasoning. WR is different. I just don't get what is going on. I want to know how Osbourne goes from being one of the Spring camp MVPs to not even seeing the field, and Opera even being out there is even more amazing. What the fuck is going on?!?!?!?

PM Adams
  • TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,797
    I, for one, am glad we didn't waste any of Ty's four precious games on lowly Oregon or Utah.
  • whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088

Houhusky said:

Adams senior loyalty thing is even more confusing given they arent even "his guys" and he didn't recruit them... and they also suck
    I know Sonics is really pumping out that Pete has nothing to do with who plays and the rotations. Something is going on tho. The coaches are scared to play younger guys for some reason that comes from the top.
    You know the narrative on here is that there is this strong loyalty to playing older players over young talent. I have yet to see one decent explanation as to why this would be so. I'm going to assume that our coaches are just as competitive in nature as any other coaches and want to win so what would be their motivation to not play the best players? Why would Adams/Petersen/ANY COACH not want to put out players that give them the best chance to win? Are we really buying in to the notion that Petersen has told his assistants that good habits like showing up in practice and doing your homework are more important than making plays on gameday? If that's truly the case and B4L is more important than playing for championships then yeah we have the wrong coach. He's had a bad year but cmon I'm not buying the self sabotage theory.
    whuggy said:

Houhusky said:

I know Sonics is really pumping out that Pete has nothing to do with who plays and the rotations. Something is going on tho. The coaches are scared to play younger guys for some reason that comes from the top.
    You know the narrative on here is that there is this strong loyalty to playing older players over young talent. I have yet to see one decent explanation as to why this would be so. I'm going to assume that our coaches are just as competitive in nature as any other coaches and want to win so what would be their motivation to not play the best players? Why would Adams/Petersen/ANY COACH not want to put out players that give them the best chance to win? Are we really buying in to the notion that Petersen has told his assistants that good habits like showing up in practice and doing your homework are more important than making plays on gameday? If that's truly the case and B4L is more important than playing for championships then yeah we have the wrong coach. He's had a bad year but cmon I'm not buying the self sabotage theory.
    Results speak for themselves there are players on the roster that can produce better that mildly retarted manu, beef Wellington, opera singer, never clutch fuller, can’t get open mcclutchins.
  • whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088

Houhusky said:

We play young guys all over the field. The only spot is WR. All I can figure is our route concepts are so complicated the young guys look like shit trying to learn them. Just another reason for an offensive scheme rebuild.
    whuggy said:

Houhusky said:

We play young guys all over the field. The only spot is WR. All I can figure is our route concepts are so complicated the young guys look like shit trying to learn them. Just another reason for an offensive scheme rebuild.
    This = @FirePete
  • sonics1993sonics1993 Member Posts: 1,460
    whuggy said:

Houhusky said:

Totally agree