Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Ty Jones

Comments

• HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    whuggy said:

Houhusky said:

I would like to hear Adams explain himself. WR has been the most frustrating position group all year. Sure LBs suck, but it is what it is. The young guys need more seasoning. WR is different. I just don't get what is going on. I want to know how Osbourne goes from being one of the Spring camp MVPs to not even seeing the field, and Opera even being out there is even more amazing. What the fuck is going on?!?!?!?

Adams senior loyalty thing is even more confusing given they arent even "his guys" and he didn't recruit them... and they also suck
    I know Sonics is really pumping out that Pete has nothing to do with who plays and the rotations. Something is going on tho. The coaches are scared to play younger guys for some reason that comes from the top.
    You know the narrative on here is that there is this strong loyalty to playing older players over young talent. I have yet to see one decent explanation as to why this would be so. I'm going to assume that our coaches are just as competitive in nature as any other coaches and want to win so what would be their motivation to not play the best players? Why would Adams/Petersen/ANY COACH not want to put out players that give them the best chance to win? Are we really buying in to the notion that Petersen has told his assistants that good habits like showing up in practice and doing your homework are more important than making plays on gameday? If that's truly the case and B4L is more important than playing for championships then yeah we have the wrong coach. He's had a bad year but cmon I'm not buying the self sabotage theory.
    Guessing...

1) Pete talks a lot about "consistency"... A LOT

2) Pete deep down is an optimist

3) Pete views players who are older and have been in the program longer as more consistent (typically not wrong btw)

4) Pete views mistakes like the WR drops as lack of consistency because he is optimistic about their talent ability. The drops arent the result of a lack of talent but a lack of consistency, they would occur to anyone on the team

5) Drops are less likely to occur if you play WRs that are more consistent

6) Older WRs are more consistent.

Therefore; play older/senior WRs to limit mistakes.

you can substitute Junior Adams in for Pete if you want. They aren't seeing individual talent, only pieces on a chess board that have the same moveset.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    whuggy said:

Houhusky said:

I would like to hear Adams explain himself. WR has been the most frustrating position group all year. Sure LBs suck, but it is what it is. The young guys need more seasoning. WR is different. I just don't get what is going on. I want to know how Osbourne goes from being one of the Spring camp MVPs to not even seeing the field, and Opera even being out there is even more amazing. What the fuck is going on?!?!?!?

Adams senior loyalty thing is even more confusing given they arent even "his guys" and he didn't recruit them... and they also suck
    I know Sonics is really pumping out that Pete has nothing to do with who plays and the rotations. Something is going on tho. The coaches are scared to play younger guys for some reason that comes from the top.
    You know the narrative on here is that there is this strong loyalty to playing older players over young talent. I have yet to see one decent explanation as to why this would be so. I'm going to assume that our coaches are just as competitive in nature as any other coaches and want to win so what would be their motivation to not play the best players? Why would Adams/Petersen/ANY COACH not want to put out players that give them the best chance to win? Are we really buying in to the notion that Petersen has told his assistants that good habits like showing up in practice and doing your homework are more important than making plays on gameday? If that's truly the case and B4L is more important than playing for championships then yeah we have the wrong coach. He's had a bad year but cmon I'm not buying the self sabotage theory.
    I mostly agree with you. I just find it FS that Baccallia trots out there week after week, even after performing shitty. When Puka and Bynum got the opportunity, they made plays.

Same for LB.

We don’t have an aversion to playing young guys in a lot of cases. We are playing true freshmen in the secondary. Three of them have started games and two currently start.

I just find some things odd at WR and LB. it’s pretty obvious that some of the younger guys are better players than the seniors.
  • whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088

whuggy said:

Houhusky said:

I mostly agree with you. I just find it FS that Baccallia trots out there week after week, even after performing shitty. When Puka and Bynum got the opportunity, they made plays.

Same for LB.

We don’t have an aversion to playing young guys in a lot of cases. We are playing true freshmen in the secondary. Three of them have started games and two currently start.

I just find some things odd at WR and LB. it’s pretty obvious that some of the younger guys are better players than the seniors.
    Yeah I don't get Baccelia at all. Starting to see the older LB's on the sideline more so that's progress.
    edited November 2019
    I get initially going with Baccallia and Manu, but when they don’t perform week after week yet you still trot them out there? It’s FS and maddening.

Yes, a young guy might make a mistake, but these guys suck and make mistakes every single week. It makes no sense.

I think Pete has something to do with it. Maybe the coaches get chewed out more when a young guy makes a mental mistake and it scares them. I don’t fucking know, but at some point Pete needs to realize how stupid it is and that it has cost him games this year.

It’s too early to crown Ulofosio, but even if he’s average, he’s still better than Kyler Manu. Manu is worse than below average. He’s legitimately bad. Wellington sucks too but I get why he still plays.

The rotations at LB and WR were awful and indefensible. Like I said earlier, the coaches don’t seem to have a grasp on their personnel. Jimmy Lake actually thought Wellington was an All Conference type player.
  • whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088

I get initially going with Baccallia and Manu, but when the don’t perform week after week yet you still trot them out there? It’s FS and maddening.

It’s too early to crown Ulofosio, but even if he’s average, he’s still better than Kyler Manu. Manu is worse than below average. He’s legitimately bad. Wellington sucks too but I get why he still plays.

I'm not too upset with Manu, he has never had much of a ceiling but Wellington, WTF? That guy seems like the same player he was as a freshmen. Maybe LB has too much thinking for him. Maybe in retrospect he should have played at RB. Pretty decent in high school I think he was.
  • CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,203 Swaye's Wigwam

I think it's pretty clear. Junior Adams is a racist.
    whuggy said:

I get initially going with Baccallia and Manu, but when the don’t perform week after week yet you still trot them out there? It’s FS and maddening.

I'm not too upset with Manu, he has never had much of a ceiling but Wellington, WTF? That guy seems like the same player he was as a freshmen. Maybe LB has too much thinking for him. Maybe in retrospect he should have played at RB. Pretty decent in high school I think he was.
    Good athlete, shitty player. It happens. His instincts are terrible.
  • HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    Swaye said:

FirePete said:

Most seem to remember that he was not very good when he did okay last year. Soft, had some drops, kind of JAG out there.

he would be an improvement over bacellia
    I'd be an improvement over Bacteria and I'm a 46 year former alcoholic and drug addict who is getting fat.
    HARD disagree
  • halfbrainmanmolderhalfbrainmanmolder Member Posts: 215
    whuggy said:

Houhusky said:

We play young guys all over the field. The only spot is WR. All I can figure is our route concepts are so complicated the young guys look like shit trying to learn them. Just another reason for an offensive scheme rebuild.
    This. I really don't understand where this we don't play young players narrative came from. We played them before and are playing them this year (even probably shouldn't in the case of Cam William). And for the 86 times, we don't just play young players on defense people. Even for WRs, Puka got on the field early enough but was underutilized. On top of that, the continued sighting of Bacteria is even worse. Yes, Pete deserves blame for enabling this, but logic dictates that Junior must be the main culprit.
    Swaye said:

FirePete said:

Most seem to remember that he was not very good when he did okay last year. Soft, had some drops, kind of JAG out there.

I'd be an improvement over Bacteria and I'm a 46 year former alcoholic and drug addict who is getting fat.
    Quitting blow will do that to you Swizzy.
  • GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419

It's enough for me to almost close the book on Adams. New WR coach. No 'his guys'. A chance for the position to level-set and make guys earn it. An absolute categorical failure. Recruiting notwithstanding, and I'm aware Pete's offense is the root cause here, I'd put a torch under Adams' seat already. Rotations that inarguably lead to losses. Continuously playing midget, vomit WRs who make mistakes after mistakes. Suddenly no one can catch. Blocking has probably gotten worse.

I'm really unimpressed tbh.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823

Swaye said:

FirePete said:

Quitting blow will do that to you Swizzy.
    Seriously put in 30 after taking a break from blow
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,358 Founders Club
    edited November 2019

Swaye said:

FirePete said:

"...Looking at the replay here... The 47-year old Native American seems to have injured himself as he was coming off the line of scrimmage. Nobody touched him, he just went down in a heap and was clutching his back... Prior to this injury, he had 4 catches for 11 yards, and had become a favorite target for senior quarterback Jacob Eason."
    YBFE

I am the king of the bubble screen and injured reserve list.
  • NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    Swaye said:

Swaye said:

FirePete said:

Holy shit, you made a baby at 46? Ts and Ps...
    My life. It is over.
    I hope to god she’s 23
  • DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    Gladstone said:

It's enough for me to almost close the book on Adams. New WR coach. No 'his guys'. A chance for the position to level-set and make guys earn it. An absolute categorical failure. Recruiting notwithstanding, and I'm aware Pete's offense is the root cause here, I'd put a torch under Adams' seat already. Rotations that inarguably lead to losses. Continuously playing midget, vomit WRs who make mistakes after mistakes. Suddenly no one can catch. Blocking has probably gotten worse.

I'm really unimpressed tbh.
    In addition, Millen has gone off a handful of times at lazy route running. He can’t tell if it’s bad technique being taught or just laziness by the WR. It’s consistently Fuller and Bacteria, so it may be laziness.