Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Zakhari Spears, 2021 3* DB, Los Angeles (Loyola), CA (COMMITTED)

Comments

• Options
    KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,046
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

@Ballz is currently arguing on BDTW that not only did UW beat out Clemson for this kid, but he's the best DB out of Cali in the '21 class and one of the top prospects in the entire country.

It's amazing how @Ballz has evolved into an even more ridiculous caricature of his HH persona. He's gotta be trolling at this point right?

I read the thread. It has to be one of the all time @Ballz classics. Prentice is equal to Murao. Heims is on the same talent level as Tryon and Smalls. Caleb Berry will be better than Pleasant, McGrew and Newton (That's a high bar) and McCutcheon has Budda Baker type potential. Its a great time to be a Husky fan.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

@Ballz is currently arguing on BDTW that not only did UW beat out Clemson for this kid, but he's the best DB out of Cali in the '21 class and one of the top prospects in the entire country.

It's amazing how @Ballz has evolved into an even more ridiculous caricature of his HH persona. He's gotta be trolling at this point right?

I read the thread. It has to be one of the all time @Ballz classics. Prentice is equal to Murao. Heims is on the same talent level as Tryon and Smalls. Caleb Berry will be better than Pleasant, McGrew and Newton (That's a high bar) and McCutcheon has Budda Baker type potential. Its a great time to be a Husky fan.
    So being as good as Rich Newton is a high bar but Budda, Murao, Smalls, and Tryon isn’t? Uhhh??

I could see Berry being better than all 3 guys mentioned rather easily.
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Zakhari Spears was the top CB recruit in California in his class and one of the top recruits in the country. If Zakhari wasn’t going to UW right now, he’d be going to Clemson. He committed to UW before blowing up. He was being recruited by Clemson before he committed to UW and shut it down. Had he stayed uncommitted and gone through the whole process, he would have gotten that offer from Clemson and many others and like I said, he would have blown up. Not a lot of 6’3 lock down corners out there. Any DB UW offers immediately starts getting more attention from other big schools if they weren’t already.
  • Options
    He’s legit. Ballz is right, he’s definitely one of the top 3-5 DBs on the coast.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,708
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

He’s legit. Ballz is right, he’s definitely one of the top 3-5 DBs on the coast.

Big difference between top 3-5 dbs and #1 db/top overall recruits in the country.
  • Options

Big difference between top 3-5 dbs and #1 db/top overall recruits in the country.
    He’s going to be a r1-r2 pick if he ends up starting here. He’s Keith Taylor with ball skills.
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,310
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

He’s going to be a r1-r2 pick if he ends up starting here. He’s Keith Taylor with ball skills.
    Where are you getting the ball skills from? Not saying he doesn't have it, but I watched his whole junior highlight reel, and not only did it start with "65 tackles, 5 pbu," but he didn't make a single INT in the whole film. In fact, I watched the film and couldn't believe how similar he looked to KT in every way.
  • Options

Where are you getting the ball skills from? Not saying he doesn't have it, but I watched his whole junior highlight reel, and not only did it start with "65 tackles, 5 pbu," but he didn't make a single INT in the whole film. In fact, I watched the film and couldn't believe how similar he looked to KT in every way.
    7on7 shit. I know underwear olympics etc etc.
    but he can make plays on the ball.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,621
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

That's not what he said. He called him one of the top recruits in the country.

The "shutting it down" myth is just that.

I've seen some clips of him making receptions on offense. Maybe Taylor had those in HS too. I dont know. He looks like he can catch.

He looks more like HS Kevin King than Taylor. King looked gangly as hell in his HS highlights and it was shocking to me when he later showed such good quickness. I thought he was going to be slow.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    chuck said:

Spears looked pretty good but yeah, ballz just likes to argue and is building his legend.
    Best part he just argues with himself on bowdowntoworshington
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Was Keith Taylor good though?
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,708

No shit most of our starters end up r1-r2 picks.

The point is that sometimes Ballz is completely wrong- but will never admit it.

Other times, like here, he is directionally right but ends up exaggerating so much he is still wrong.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Spears I thought was fine but his Junior film didn’t scream anything more than toolsy with some development need

Murao was more of an all around finished product coming out if HS than Prentice. That said Prentice has serious road grating potential. He’s an upper level player.

Heims is all development ... huge risk huge reward

Berry will likely be better than those 3 ... I’d be shocked if Newton didn’t end up in the portal in the next 12 months

McCutcheon seemed solid but didn’t wow me ... I liked Nunley as a S more
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

You don’t know a fucking thing. I believe you that he’s good. You don’t know much about recruits from the rest of the country.
  • Options
    IPukeOregonGrellowIPukeOregonGrellow Member Posts: 2,183
    haie said:

Who gives a fuck?

Your vaunted classes got you 3-2 and a loss to some team called the Cyclones.
    If you just want to be a part of an endless circle jerk of negativity, leave this baord and don’t come back. Vancouver is where you belong. The standard of this board is higher than that.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,922
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

Who gives a fuck?

Your vaunted classes got you 3-2 and a loss to some team called the Cyclones.
    If you just want to be a part of an endless circle jerk of negativity, leave this baord and don’t come back. Vancouver is where you belong. The standard of this board is higher than that.
    Vancouver CAnada or Worshington?