Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

WEPs (White Evangelical Protestants)

HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,572
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
"Forty-seven percent of WEPs say that Trump’s behavior makes no difference to their support. Thirty-one percent say there is almost nothing that Trump could do to forfeit their approval. This is preemptive permission for any violation of the moral law or the constitutional order. It is not support; it is obeisance.

An extraordinary 99 percent of Republican WEPs oppose the impeachment and removal of the president — which probably puts me in the smallest political minority I have ever had the honor of occupying.

If Trump survives the impeachment process and somehow wins a second term, many explanations will be offered. It may be that the Democratic Party went too far left, or picked a nominee with a glass jaw, or couldn’t swim against the political tide of a good economy. But there will be one reason behind all of these reasons: because evangelicals lost their taste for character and gave their blessing to corruption. And this grand act of hypocrisy would mark them for a generation."

-Michael Gerson (emphasis added)

Comments

• Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

"Forty-seven percent of WEPs say that Trump’s behavior makes no difference to their support. Thirty-one percent say there is almost nothing that Trump could do to forfeit their approval. This is preemptive permission for any violation of the moral law or the constitutional order. It is not support; it is obeisance.

An extraordinary 99 percent of Republican WEPs oppose the impeachment and removal of the president — which probably puts me in the smallest political minority I have ever had the honor of occupying.

If Trump survives the impeachment process and somehow wins a second term, many explanations will be offered. It may be that the Democratic Party went too far left, or picked a nominee with a glass jaw, or couldn’t swim against the political tide of a good economy. But there will be one reason behind all of these reasons: because evangelicals lost their taste for character and gave their blessing to corruption. And this grand act of hypocrisy would mark them for a generation."

Or because they know that the opposition will be worse and that voting for nice guys like Bush and Romney got them nothing and while Trump may not be one of them, he sticks up for them and fights for them.
    El oh fucking El.
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,922
    Standard Supporter
    2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

Or because they know that the opposition will be worse and that voting for nice guys like Bush and Romney got them nothing and while Trump may not be one of them, he sticks up for them and fights for them.
    El oh fucking El.
    That's always a flashing neon sign that says Hondo the lying Kunt has got nothing.
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

blob begs you to stop making him vote for orange ass clown grafter!
  • Options
    BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,546
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    HHusky said:

Hey HH, can you or your Mr. Gerson give us details on exactly what corruption Trump has done?

This is the 16th time I have asked you libs and no one including you has ever been able to provide any specific instances of corruption.

Come on counselor, give it a shot.
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

El oh fucking El.
    That's always a flashing neon sign that says Hondo the lying Kunt has got nothing.
    Don't be offended, Swaye.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,567
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    We don't live in a theocracy and as a decades old christian I've voted for plenty of moral reprobates like Bill Clinton. So the fuck what?

Trump is better than any alternative out there today. And its not close

Again, work on finding someone worth voting for. Attacking Trump voters is a stupid strategy even for you
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

El oh fucking El.
    Don't be offended, Swaye.
    That's not one of Swaye's canned responses, it is one of Hondo's canned responses. Hondo paying for the ass tonguing O'Keefed or are you again giving them out gratis?
  • Options

We don't live in a theocracy and as a decades old christian I've voted for plenty of moral reprobates like Bill Clinton. So the fuck what?

Again, work on finding someone worth voting for. Attacking Trump voters is a stupid strategy even for you

Clinton was a skirt chaser. Daddy is corrupt. Different things.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,634
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    HHusky said:

Imagine people being against illegal investigations and made up charges.

Conservatives don't toe the line comrade!
  • Options

HHusky said:

Hey HH, can you or your Mr. Gerson give us details on exactly what corruption Trump has done?

This is the 16th time I have asked you libs and no one including you has ever been able to provide any specific instances of corruption.

We're past arguing about what he's done and onto arguing about whether he should be removed from office, Atl. Please try to keep up.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    HHusky said:

And he colluded with the Russians.
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

Of course he did. RIP, Charles Krauthammer
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,567
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

Of course he did.
    Did he confess?
  • Options
    BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,546
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

We're past arguing about what he's done and onto arguing about whether he should be removed from office, Atl. Please try to keep up.
    No, we aren't counselor. That is not the way it works, regardless of your FEELINGS.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Not your best effort
  • Options

HHusky said:

Bullshit

Clinton was corrupt to the core just like his fake wife

Chasing skirts is the only thing that sticks to Trump and no one cares. Its just sex
    Yes, yes. Who can forget that time Clinton withheld military aid while waiting for a foreign ally to publicly announce an investigation into Bob Dole?